Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51

Author Topic: MSPA Mafia (Day 7, Game Ends! Scum Victory!)  (Read 67264 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Mafia (Day 3; Deadline Friday 24:00 GMT+0)
« Reply #465 on: November 25, 2009, 03:24:01 am »

I swear i thought i'd done something horrible and accidentally posted the mafia chat link or something when i first started reading that, then i was like 'wat the hell is he?... Woops!"

Wait a second. Accidentally posted mafia chat link. ToonyMan possibly being mad at this...

I don't know about you Cheeetar, but i'd be pretty upset if the mod accidentally posted the mafia chat link even if i was town; it kind of ruins the game you know?

Anyway; that was just the first thing that came to mind that would deserve the level of RAEG Toony directed at me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 25, 2009, 03:26:11 am »

I don't know about you Cheeetar, but i'd be pretty upset if the mod accidentally ed the even if i was ; it kind of ruins the game you know?

Anyway; that was just the first thing that came to mind that would deserve the level of Toony directed at me.
Ignori- waitaminute.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 25, 2009, 03:27:01 am »

Quote from: Vector
I see that you, too, have been blessed with insanity.
If I am blessed, why do you attack me for it? If not, why take such a cheap shot?

You think that's an attack?  I mean... SERIOUSLY, DOODABUDDY.  You have a pumpkin.  I have a pumpkin because I am insane.  This implies that you are insane.  Formulate statement: "I see that we are both crazy." -> "I see that you, too, have been blessed with insanity."  This is not that hard, moron-cupcake.

If this constitutes jumpiness... then I have no defense for it.
...bingbing! scum has no defense scum has no defense AWWWK

BINGBING!  It doesn't look like jumpiness from over here, jerkface.  I don't have a defense for something I didn't know I was doing.  Ya big booby.

3. I thought he was being stupid enough to be town, but "Org being stupid" does not necessarily mean "Org is town" .  I was also royally pissed off at his behavior.  Play 14 games with Org and tell me that he's hard to keep from lynching.
He may be hard to keep from lynching. But he is in fact incredibly difficult to lynch with good reason. He screws up and drops a bucket of scum almost every time as town. I don't recall him doing it as scum.

I do.  He's a shitty player either way.  The problem is that, scum or town, there's always a surfeit of good reasons.

I'll also state here that I do look incredibly scummy right there.
*fwee* "I AM OBVSCUM. PLEASE IGNORE THAT I AM LOOKING SCUMMY." Wifom alert! Wifom alert!

No.  Unfortunately, I have not performed up to the standards of Town.  This is too bad, and I recognize it.

It's partially because I had thoughts I didn't post in thread, though that's no excuse.
Gonna find those when the scumthread links show up are we?

Nope.  You aren't going to find my name in there at all... except perhaps in reference to how you're trying to frame me, scumbucket.

Ultimately, I was swayed by "I don't mind lynching Org because I dislike him and it won't be too wasteful of a lynch, and he's probably making up his role (boy, was I wrong), and he's trying to confirm himself when he can't, and he's being lurkish, and he's demanding votes, and Pandarsenic has a good argument."
OK, here's a followup question. Why are you lynching a townie on someone else's arguments? That's worse than lynching a townie.

Pandarsenic was what pushed me over.  I was close to the edge.  Then I got in an argument with myself, and the pro-Org people briefly won.  Then there were more arguments, and I got pissed off, and the anti-Org people came back and clobbered the pro-Org people and we got Org lynched.

4. Why would I support a policy-lynch?  Because someone is hard to read and making me angry,
"I AM ANGRY MUST DESTROY TOWN"

VECTORZILLA HAS COME FOR US!!  WE MUST ALL EVACUATE TOKYO BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!

In more seriousness, no.  I just need to go get better control over my temper, and that is all.

and there's a large number of things that make me angry.
This is true.

... Is there some reason why you're highlighting this?  My deficiencies as a person do not make me scum, and we both know that.

One of the things I can do to get rid of some of that frustration is to lynch Org. Sometimes I attack certain people just to make myself feel better.  It's infrequent and a horrible trait, but I'll admit that I do it at times.
Are you happy you lynched Org?

Nope.  I just ended up getting angrier, because I had the expectation that he would flip scum and that expectation was unfulfilled.

Meh.  That's a weak defense, and I know it, and I'm also sorry about it.
Why do you not have a better one? I know you are pretty logical when you try. Also why are you sorry about it?

Yes, I have an unfortunate tendency towards logic.  However, my emotional brain escapes from its cage on occasion (read: with horrifying frequency) and goes rampaging around.  I have no better defense than the above because I refuse to state anything but the truth.

I am sorry because I was expected to provide a defense with certain properties.  The defense does not have those properties.  I have not behaved within expected parameters, which has a tendency to make others unhappy and angry.  Hence I am apologizing.

Now, are you done?  Or do you want to try again, scumbucket?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 25, 2009, 03:43:21 am »

I see that you, too, have been blessed with insanity.
If I am blessed, why do you attack me for it? If not, why take such a cheap shot?

You think that's an attack?  I mean... SERIOUSLY, DOODABUDDY.  You have a .  I have a because I am insane.  This implies that you are insane.  Formulate statement: "I see that we are both crazy." -> "I see that you, too, have been blessed with insanity." 
Such beautiful lo-uh oh.

BINGBING!  It doesn't look like jumpiness from over here, jerkface.  I don't have a defense for something I didn't know I was doing.  Ya big booby.
Namecalling...entry not found. Filing under "zanyVector". Rather a lot of it...

3. I thought he was being stupid enough to be town, but "Org being stupid" does not necessarily mean "Org is town" .  I was also royally pissed off at his behavior.  Play 14 games with Org and tell me that he's hard to keep from lynching.
He may be hard to keep from lynching. But he is in fact incredibly difficult to lynch with good reason. He screws up and drops a bucket of scum almost every time as town. I don't recall him doing it as scum.
I do.  He's a shitty player either way.  The problem is that, scum or town, there's always a surfeit of good reasons.
"I do"? oh. You find him hard not to lynch. Well, there is a little advantage to his meta of being a scumbucket- he's moderately likely to get away with stuff. However, it's pretty strictly antitown.

...how did we get on this?
I'll also state here that I do look incredibly scummy right there.
*fwee* "I AM OBVSCUM. PLEASE IGNORE THAT I AM LOOKING SCUMMY." Wifom alert! Wifom alert!

No.  Unfortunately, I have not performed up to the standards of Town.  This is too bad, and I recognize it.
Too bad. Scum.

It's partially because I had thoughts I didn't post in thread, though that's no excuse.
Gonna find those when the scumthread links show up are we?

Nope.  You aren't going to find my name in there at all... except perhaps in reference to how you're trying to frame me, scumbucket.
Nor mine.

4. Why would I support a policy-lynch?  Because someone is hard to read and making me angry,

VECTORZILLA HAS COME FOR US!!  WE MUST ALL EVACUATE TOKYO BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!

In more seriousness, no.  I just need to go get better control over my temper, and that is all.
:D

In more seriousness, no. You have al ack of control over your temper, and the last time I excused it as the identity vector, it was scum.

This is true.

... Is there some reason why you're highlighting this?  My deficiencies as a person do not make me scum, and we both know that.
It's easier to plop in quote tags and comment than select and delete.

Also I feel like I'm two or three missing links away from being able to play you like a puppet.
One of the things I can do to get rid of some of that frustration is to lynch Org. Sometimes I attack certain people just to make myself feel better.  It's infrequent and a horrible trait, but I'll admit that I do it at times.
Are you happy you lynched Org?

Nope.  I just ended up getting angrier, because I had the expectation that he would flip scum and that expectation was unfulfilled.
Well, you said it better.
I'll admit that I'm not an expert Org-Whisperer
Why do you not have a better one? I know you are pretty logical when you try. Also why are you sorry about it?

Yes, I have an unfortunate tendency towards logic.  However, my emotional brain escapes from its cage on occasion (read: with horrifying frequency) and goes rampaging around.  I have no better defense than the above because I refuse to state anything but the truth.

I am sorry because I was expected to provide a defense with certain properties.  The defense does not have those properties.  I have not behaved within expected parameters, which has a tendency to make others unhappy and angry.  Hence I am apologizing.

Now, are you done?  Or do you want to try again, scumbucket?
It would seem to me that you are mistaking "people get unhappy" with "people think I'm scum" here.

So yes. I do try again, scumpkin.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 25, 2009, 05:14:30 am »

I declare a JOUSTING TOURNAMENT between Vector and CobaltKobold (for they are clearly mortal enemies), victory goes to the first man to dismount the other! Wooden lances only gentlemen, let's make this a clean and orderly competition.

Also, the Pumpkins appear to be approaching dangerous levels of RIPENESS, if this continues the thread could be in danger from a critical mass of pumpkin.

There are no Pumpkins, why do i persist in engaging in these nonsensical tirades about things that do not and never have existed?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 25, 2009, 07:36:41 am »

Maybe everytime someone mentions pumpkins, the number of pumpkins goes up. That or this is 'COMPLETE BULLSHIT'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 25, 2009, 09:17:20 am »

CobaltKobold isn't acting like himself.

Scum team right now:
MagmaDeath (role-blocked and no mafiakill, won't answer my question)
Rashilul (probably newbtown meh)
ZChris (bandwagoning me with no reason, could be newbtown)
Org (being stupid and is alive again)
Pandarsenic (possible lyncher?  nah, I don't want to deal with WIFOM man)
CobaltKobold (I'm guessing he was converted to a third-party, seeing that he was the first to make references about it, I'm about 80% certain there is a third-party, thanks for asking)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27:00 am »

Namecalling...entry not found. Filing under "zanyVector". Rather a lot of it...

Name-calling is a side-effect of my being angry in general.  You will note that it tends to be a staple of my attacking style.

"I do"? oh. You find him hard not to lynch. Well, there is a little advantage to his meta of being a scumbucket- he's moderately likely to get away with stuff. However, it's pretty strictly antitown.

...how did we get on this?

You accused me of lynching Org for bad reasons.  Like "he's spewing scumtells."

:D

In more seriousness, no. You have al ack of control over your temper, and the last time I excused it as the identity vector, it was scum.

I have a lack of control over my temper... and last time you excused my being too calm as the identity Vector, it was scum.  Now you're complaining that I'm too on edge.  If you want to see Angry Townie Vector, look no farther than NSBM1.

Quote from: CobaltKobold
This is true.

It's easier to plop in quote tags and comment than select and delete.

Also I feel like I'm two or three missing links away from being able to play you like a puppet.

Great, I'm glad to see that you like manipulating people so much.  Scumbucket.

Yes, I know I'm predictable and easy to poke into doing whatever people want.  So it goes.

Quote from: CobaltKobold

It would seem to me that you are mistaking "people get unhappy" with "people think I'm scum" here.

Not really.  I played poorly, and I feel bad about it.  There are certain standards, and I failed to meet them--so I feel bad about things and apologize.  That's the natural order of things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 25, 2009, 04:19:35 pm »

Vector. Dont call me a shitty player. Ever. I play strategically. You cant see it as you are blinded by the lurking I do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 25, 2009, 04:22:52 pm »

Vector. Dont call me a shitty player. Ever. I play strategically. You cant see it as you are blinded by the lurking I do.

HAHAHHAHAHAH Org....you crack me up the wrong way.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 25, 2009, 04:25:49 pm »

HAHAHHAHAHAH Org....you crack me up the wrong way.
Oh...you will see. You will see...

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 25, 2009, 05:26:47 pm »

You accused me of lynching Org for bad reasons.  Like "he's spewing scumtells."
actually I accused you of lynching org when you thought that he was town.

Don't put words in my mouth, scumpkin. She readies her lance, and wonders what mounts exactly are to be used.
CobaltKobold isn't acting like himself.
LIKE WHOM AM I ACTING GOODSIR?
MSPA. Game. Fun.
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 25, 2009, 05:31:47 pm »

Meh.  Got anything else for me, or are you going to just sit around talking about orange gourds?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 25, 2009, 05:33:53 pm »

Fun it may be Cobalt, but this is still incredibly serious business.

So, Pandar, you claim to be a lyncher, but I'm not so sure. Seems far too convenient for my liking. Unvote, Pandarsenic I doubt how true your claim really is, and besides, Cheeetar brings up a point that you do want to kill town.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 25, 2009, 05:39:30 pm »

Org, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

That said, I would not say you're the shiniest balloon in our bundle.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 51