Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1001153 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2955 on: November 08, 2012, 06:48:59 pm »

Why can't Libertarians move to Somalia and leave us alone? Or Libya, Somalia's getting better. I'm sure they can sympathize with all the militias ready TO TAKE BACK THEIR GOVERNMENT.

Who is the arrogant 'us' to whom you are referring? Frankly it is tiring to see you posting like your opinion is the only one shared by people of intelligence. Kindly get over yourself, Misko, and I say that as a friend.

Also, I'm fairly certain this was a joke, but that first sentence just irked the everloving fuck out of me.
It's obviously the royal us; misko is Britney Spears.
It sinecerly bothers me that so many people take my jokes seriously. What do I need to make it more obvious? Is all caps not enough? I mean I know it's the internet, but come on. Are you seriously accusing me of suggesting we deport libertarians? Seriously? Seriously? Why would a grammer mistake cause you to inult me so? Or do you just assume Misko is shallow, arrogant, and stupid?  Fuck that, I'm offended that you think so very little of me.

I need to stop making jokes, people take them seriously. Fine then, I'll stop. In the future know that being irked by bad grammer is no excuse for rudeness.
Eh? Hans was taking offense to you implying that everyone agreed with you, I was poking fun at him being serious. Sorry if I offended.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: November 08, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »

Eh? Hans was taking offense to you implying that everyone agreed with you, I was poking fun at him being serious. Sorry if I offended.
Oh no, I knew that was a joke. I meant Hans. I shouldn't have quoted you, but I forgot to change that.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: November 08, 2012, 10:35:37 pm »

Why can't Libertarians move to Somalia and leave us alone? Or Libya, Somalia's getting better. I'm sure they can sympathize with all the militias ready TO TAKE BACK THEIR GOVERNMENT.

Who is the arrogant 'us' to whom you are referring? Frankly it is tiring to see you posting like your opinion is the only one shared by people of intelligence. Kindly get over yourself, Misko, and I say that as a friend.

Also, I'm fairly certain this was a joke, but that first sentence just irked the everloving fuck out of me.
It's obviously the royal us; misko is Britney Spears.
It sinecerly bothers me that so many people take my jokes seriously. What do I need to make it more obvious? Is all caps not enough? I mean I know it's the internet, but come on. Are you seriously accusing me of suggesting we deport libertarians? Seriously? Seriously? Why would a grammer mistake cause you to inult me so? Or do you just assume Misko is shallow, arrogant, and stupid?  Fuck that, I'm offended that you think so very little of me.

I need to stop making jokes, people take them seriously. Fine then, I'll stop. In the future know that being irked by bad grammer is no excuse for rudeness.

This, except I'm not particularly sorry if I offended. The internet is not particularly conducive to some forms of humor. If you choose to use those forms of humor, perhaps you should put a disclaimer somewhere that you're kidding. That and several of your 'jokes' have been particularly unfunny. The entire 'bash Canada' thing wasn't funny at all, just vaguely offensive, and this was something else that I didn't find particularly funny either.

On-topic: My friend today was talking about how much Obama sucks. Note, that I am politically neutral, because they're all fucktards. I told him, "But a working man, I.E. me, voting for Romney, would be like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders."
And his counter was? "But his name is Barack Obama. He's a sandnigger."

... Goddamn, why do I live in this shithole?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: November 08, 2012, 10:36:53 pm »

Holy shit Hans, I might've punched him right there xD

Well more likely give him an extremely disgusted look, but sheesh...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:27 pm »

Good question. Why do you live in that shithole? Barring some legal thing.

3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:35 pm »

Surely, in a twisted and horrible way, he didn't mean to add the "sand" part?

I mean, bigotry is bad- but inaccurate bigotry is worse!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »

I wonder this every day. Well, actually I have a reason: because I have to. Some day... Canada awaits.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: November 08, 2012, 10:38:42 pm »

No, man, Osa-I mean Obama is totally a Islamerian too!

3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: November 08, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »

I'm not entirely sure. I guess he thinks that because 'Obama' is one letter from 'Osama' that it means the bearer of the name is of the same race. 

Holy shit Hans, I might've punched him right there xD

Well more likely give him an extremely disgusted look, but sheesh...

Sadly, I'm quite used to this particular person's continuing and unintelligent bigotry.

Good question. Why do you live in that shithole? Barring some legal thing.

Because I haven't got a chance to move away yet.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: November 08, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »

Note, that I am politically neutral, because they're all fucktards.

Truer words have surely never been spoken about modern American politics.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: November 08, 2012, 11:04:52 pm »

I have the same philosophy. There's no real reason to vote when the only options they give us (and the only options that are ever going to win) are all idiots being put into office. It's not like the POTUS has that much power anyway. The ability to enact any real change is locked in the House and Senate, and there's a deadlock because they refuse to compromise (because their idea of 'compromise' is 'my way or no way').
Nothing important here, move along.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:45 pm »

I have the same philosophy. There's no real reason to vote when the only options they give us (and the only options that are ever going to win) are all idiots being put into office.

The idea is to choose the lesser of two evils.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:39 pm »

"In it's best form, government is a necessary evil. In it's worst form, an intolerable one." -Thomas Jefferson
He's fucking with us.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:58 pm »

There's hardly a lesser evil anymore.
Nothing important here, move along.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2969 on: November 09, 2012, 02:03:52 am »

A person telling an anecdote about his time at a big Korean online game company. It was job application time, and he went a big room and helped everyone spread out all the applications. There were 20,000 applications for 200 jobs. The team leader looked at the first page of each app and kicked one the the left, where employees collected them and threw them away, or the right, where they were stacked up for secondary evaluation and interviews. Shocked, he asked how he could make such a split second decision. The team leader replied that everyone not graduated from Seoul, Koryu, or Yonseo University went into the trash bin. That's like rejecting every job app where the job finder wasn't out of an Ivy League school. He considered nothing else, not even the major (for a programming job!). Gave not a damn for other things like experience, depth of study (master's? Bachelor's?), or willingness.

I wasn't sure if that should have been a rage, sad, or wtf. It's a stupid thing for companies to do, though, so...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 02:22:59 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 510