Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1001149 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7200 on: October 31, 2013, 02:44:41 pm »

Dihydrogen Monoxide, I think. It's this really dangerous chemical - about 95% of the people who have consumed it are dead.
Not to mention the severe burns that the vapor form causes.   Vapor that nuclear power plants emit into the air, I might add.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: October 31, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »

Icebergs are made of berg.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: October 31, 2013, 02:49:53 pm »

That one was one of the first things a colleague at my current job said to me.  She wasn't joking.

Another colleague more recently asked me what "definition" meant.  She wasn't joking either.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: October 31, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »

Dihydrogen Monoxide, I think. It's this really dangerous chemical - about 95% of the people who have consumed it are dead.
With a 5% margin of error.

That one was one of the first things a colleague at my current job said to me.  She wasn't joking.

Another colleague more recently asked me what "definition" meant.  She wasn't joking either.
The definition of definition is recursion.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: October 31, 2013, 03:02:42 pm »

With a 5% margin of error.

What does recursion mean? :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: October 31, 2013, 04:28:52 pm »

It is hydroxic acid to me. Everyone knows dihydrogen monoxide already. You can still trick them with this one, especially since it has the dreaded "acid" in it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: October 31, 2013, 04:33:28 pm »

DEFINITION: a statement of the exact meaning of a word, esp. in a dictionary.

It is hydroxic acid to me. Everyone knows dihydrogen monoxide already. You can still trick them with this one, especially since it has the dreaded "acid" in it.
Is it acidic though? I thought it was neutral.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: October 31, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »

It is, but its composition can be described as if it were an acid :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: October 31, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »

Acidity isn't a boolean property, but a sliding scale from OHGODITBURNS to OHGODITBURNS(BUTFORENTIRELYDIFFERENTREASONS). So yeah, it's an acid, but also a base.

And don't get me started on zwitterions.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: October 31, 2013, 04:43:40 pm »

Hydroxic acid/Hydrogen Hydroxide. It goes both ways!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: October 31, 2013, 04:52:19 pm »

Yeah but hydroxic acid sounds more menacing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: October 31, 2013, 04:52:27 pm »

Water, the immoral molecule: it has no sexual decency! Stop drinking water today if you aren't a hell-bound godless communist dedicated to the destruction of the nuclear family. Next time you feel the urge to drink a glass of the devil's tears, down a fifth of whiskey instead.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: October 31, 2013, 04:53:16 pm »

Water, the immoral molecule: it has no sexual decency! Stop drinking water today if you aren't a hell-bound godless communist dedicated to the destruction of the nuclear family. Next time you feel the urge to drink a glass of the devil's tears, down a fifth of whiskey instead.
Damned bipHuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: October 31, 2013, 04:54:58 pm »

Not really, autodissociation yields both a hydronium cation (H3O+ and a hydroxyl anion (OH-, so no matter what you do it is either both or neither an acid and a base.

But, since the general formula for alcohols is CnH2n+1OH, with n=0, you could call it a nullanol.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: October 31, 2013, 05:19:23 pm »

Now, I am not a chemist, so I might be making this shit up (as all good Physicists do), but as water has an -OH group, couldnt we call it Hydronol?
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 510