Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1003532 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7485 on: November 21, 2013, 10:37:30 pm »

http://kotaku.com/im-not-sure-but-i-think-peta-is-upset-with-pokemon-1443910146
PETA, when will you understand that Pokemon aren't real? Why can't you just devote this much effort to helping actual animals instead of making violent flash-games and attempting to somehow connect Nintendo with McDonalds? Not to mention that Pokemon isn't even made by Nintendo, it's made by Game Freak, and Nintendo just licences it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: November 21, 2013, 10:54:33 pm »

Not to mention that Pokemon isn't even made by Nintendo, it's made by Game Freak, and Nintendo just licences it.

That's like saying that Smash Brothers isn't made by Nintendo...

(I.E technically true but pretty much entirely irrelevant)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: November 22, 2013, 01:54:37 am »

I usually find PETA's ironic games hilarious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: November 22, 2013, 04:11:28 am »

I usually find PETA's ironic games hilarious.

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, Black and Blue was more funny in a 'We didn't play the game' sort of thing as
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so in the sight of someone who beat the game, it's hilariously stupid.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: November 22, 2013, 11:31:38 am »

PETA, when will you understand that Pokemon aren't real? Why can't you just devote this much effort to helping actual animals instead of making violent flash-games and attempting to somehow connect Nintendo with McDonalds? Not to mention that Pokemon isn't even made by Nintendo, it's made by Game Freak, and Nintendo just licences it.
Wait, what?
Is McDonald's selling Pokeburgers now or something? Or Pika McNuggets? HOW DO YOU UNETHICALLY TREAT IMAGINARY QUASI-ANIMALS??
Next, they'll be suing Peter Jackson for the CGI oliphants and wargs harmed in the making of the Lord of the Rings movies.
Or coming after Bay12 because of the millions of slaughtered kittens.

I know it's impossible, but I'm beginning to think PETA is just a 4chan parody of what a vegan animal-rights group would be like.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: November 22, 2013, 11:45:54 am »

Wait, what?
Is McDonald's selling Pokeburgers now or something? Or Pika McNuggets? HOW DO YOU UNETHICALLY TREAT IMAGINARY QUASI-ANIMALS??
Next, they'll be suing Peter Jackson for the CGI oliphants and wargs harmed in the making of the Lord of the Rings movies.

I know it's impossible, but I'm beginning to think PETA is just a 4chan parody of what a vegan animal-rights group would be like.

McDonalds apparently has Happy Meal Pokemon toys now. And since McDonalds is evil, and McDonalds sales Pokemon toys, therefore McDonalds sells evil. Wait, no, Evil sells Pokemon toys. Or whatever.

Also, PETA totally-not-supports a totally-not-terrorist organization, so yeah, they smash into Poe's Law so hard they leave a permanent dent there.

Oh, and most of the animals they 'rescue' end up killed.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: November 22, 2013, 11:48:05 am »

Wait, what?

*gets out radio*

He knows.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

Well, they actually accept mercy killings of animals. Their ideology is extreme, but it is at least internally consistent.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: November 22, 2013, 12:04:58 pm »

My pets could 'escape' at pretty much any point they wish, except for the fish. The cats all go outside on a daily basis and return of their own free will ON A DAILY BASIS. The dogs don't want to leave because they get very frightened and confused when they aren't at home and not with one of my family. The two times our big dog has run off, we've found him wandering in circles many blocks away, whining and growling to himself in terror. The smaller dog KNOWS she doesn't want to run off, and she always sticks really close to me and obeys incredibly well. The rest of the time she's a brainless dink, but she listens crazy well if we're out of her territory.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: November 22, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »

I can see where their problem with Pokemon comes from. If you agree that dog fighting and similar is wrong then pokemon fighting is not much different. If you assume media normalises behaviours then Pokemon is normalising animal abuse.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #7495 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:56 pm »

Johannesburg, South Africa is actually much more dangerous than Detroit, and one of the official languages of South Africa is English. Besides, Detroit is only really bad if you go hang out in the hood. There are a lot of lovely abandoned buildings and two very nice stadiums downtown. Also, the rest of Michigan is pretty nice, provided you stay out of Battle Creek, which is mini-Detroit.
Chiming in here to say, as a South African and ex-Joburgite, that it's also true that Johannesburg is also only dangerous in certain parts; my brief (possibly inaccurate) check of Wikipedia suggests that Detroit has a higher crime rate than Joburg. Way more dangerous is Mitchells Plain, Cape Town, where we've had ~16000 attempted murders this year (All violent crimes in Detroit annually: ~15500), and there is occasionally talk of calling in the army to curb gang warfare.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: November 22, 2013, 12:50:32 pm »

Wait, what?

McDonalds apparently has Happy Meal Pokemon toys now. And since McDonalds is evil, and McDonalds sales Pokemon toys, therefore McDonalds sells evil. Wait, no, Evil sells Pokemon toys. Or whatever.

Also, PETA totally-not-supports a totally-not-terrorist organization, so yeah, they smash into Poe's Law so hard they leave a permanent dent there.

Oh, and most of the animals they 'rescue' end up killed.
IIRC, they believe that animals wouldn't enjoy being pets because it's demeaning or something. Which is funny, because most pets stay around voluntarily, and have plenty of opportunities to leg it.
IIRC, they equate animal domestication to slavery. Or at least indentured servitude.

Because those cats have it so fucking hard, what with all the sleeping they have to do, and the cat condo and free food. Seriously, if there's any pet whose life is the opposite of indentured servitude, it's a cat.

I can see where their problem with Pokemon comes from. If you agree that dog fighting and similar is wrong then pokemon fighting is not much different. If you assume media normalises behaviours then Pokemon is normalising animal abuse.
So they think Pokemon is a gateway to dogfighting/cockfighting/etc?

That's a rather extreme slippery slope argument, but one I could at least debate. But then WTF is with the McNugget weirdness and having a blood-drenched evil clown boss fight?

PETA is sort of adorable in the way that newly-minted anarchist teenagers can be. They have a bunch of valid concerns that they see as wrong in the world, but rather than find a coherent way to articulate them they just sort of mash it all together and provide a bizarre nihilist response that doesn't really relate to anything.

Teen who just discovered Black Flag and Dead Kennedys: "Capitalism and corporatism and war and racism and old white guys SUCK, so fuck the system! Let's get drunk and fuck and break shit!"

PETA: "Eating meat and wearing fur and abusing animals SUCK, so fuck the system! Let's show nude chicks wearing vegetables and throw blood on people!"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: November 22, 2013, 12:54:13 pm »

you know what's a gateway to dog/cock/walrusfighting

motherfucking saltybet

i'm just going to find a peta contact email and shoot them a link it'll be hilarious

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: November 22, 2013, 12:55:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure not all the fighters are human iin saltybet
that means its animal abuse
saltybet is satan for animals
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:32 pm »

Would furries count as animals or people? And what if you have furries who own pets?

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 510