Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: 1000 Blank White Cards  (Read 23694 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: 1000 Blank White Cards (48 down!)
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 04:35:24 pm »

It's FEF, not FEOF

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 11:16:48 pm »

I apologize, technical difficulties today. There are one or maybe two spots still open for RSVP, if you would like to play. The rules shall be the same as the previous ones, at least the basic ideas behind it, so check that out. To prevent clutter, PMs will be used for signup, so the game thread can be used for and only for the game itself.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »

I have to ask what the world is going on here as it seems like it may be of interest to me.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 02:02:41 pm »

I have to ask what the world is going on here as it seems like it may be of interest to me.

Of great interest from me...

Loud Whispers has claimed an MS PAINT

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2012, 03:58:28 pm »

You may want to rewrite this.

Ignoring that these arn't real cards, arn't expected to be played, and ultimately couldn't make a coherant game anyway.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2012, 04:01:37 pm »

I... don't understand. What's wrong with that card?

And we HAVE played and are about to play again, so I'm not sure what you mean about the cards not being real and not expecting them to be played, and if anything this is one of the few that's blessfully generic and not reliant on coherence beyond the general point structure.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2012, 08:09:54 pm »

And we HAVE played and are about to play again, so I'm not sure what you mean about the cards not being real and not expecting them to be played, and if anything this is one of the few that's blessfully generic and not reliant on coherence beyond the general point structure.
I agree. Cards that refer to other cards have a high probability of..not working out exactly as planned.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:12 pm »

Read the EXACT wording of the card.

If I were to follow it I'd first double my points.

Then I'd make every 100, 200. Then I'd make every -100, -200.

Now if you meant "Double the point value of all cards in play" that would be something else.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2012, 08:34:48 pm »

The way it's worded, I think the second part is an example. I would double all points currently in play, based off of it. It's not meant to be extremely serious, and little disputes like that can easily be decided by the host of the game. I agree it could be a little clearer, but not bad enough to warrant the trouble of editing it.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2012, 08:37:31 pm »

I think it's pretty clear as-is unless you're being particularly anal about semantics. Also, there are very few cards with a value of 50 (I think none?) so it seems it wouldn't actually matter anyway.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2012, 09:11:01 pm »

So having time to read a bit more it seems I would enjoy this muchly. When is the game going to happen. Also this thread seems to be for posting cards, does that mean I could do so?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:31 pm »

So having time to read a bit more it seems I would enjoy this muchly. When is the game going to happen. Also this thread seems to be for posting cards, does that mean I could do so?

I shall take that as an RSVP to play, then. Would you mind sending me a PM so I have them all in one place?

You can still post cards, I will add the last few before the game starts!

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 10:25:24 pm »

I can't really think of anything right now so I am good. I had some ideas when I posted that but like most things I forgot what :'(. Curse my short term memory being like that of a nat sometimes, also RSVP sent by PM.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »

The way it's worded, I think the second part is an example. I would double all points currently in play, based off of it. It's not meant to be extremely serious, and little disputes like that can easily be decided by the host of the game. I agree it could be a little clearer, but not bad enough to warrant the trouble of editing it.

Magic the Gathering fixed the Example Vs. Effect by putting explanations in ( and )

It is the periods that actually OUTRIGHT states that my method is the proper method. It is why I think it needs to be rewritten.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9