Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40768 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #435 on: October 11, 2016, 04:41:45 pm »

"statement: this one was instructed to call upon the godlike being from the temple once we returned here. This one thinks it likely that this is the summoning of said being. Perhaps pushing him off will anger the being, which would be bad considering what we saw of it in the temple."

Use robot computing to see if this chanting might be summoning the deity. Unless I have good reason to believe that this is not the case, chant along.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:47:34 am by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 12, 2016, 09:44:59 am »

"statement: this one was instructed to call upon the godlike being from the temple once we returned here. This one thinks it likely that this is the summoning of said being. Perhaps pushing him off will anger the being, which would be bad considering what we saw of it in the temple."

"You what? God-fucking-dammit, are we gonna need to push you off as well?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 12, 2016, 10:46:01 am »

"You what? God-fucking-dammit, are we gonna need to push you off as well?"

Clunker's head snaps to Fiddler.

"Angered statement: Do not threaten this one, meatbag.
Statement: This one was left alone, without backup, near the idol and the incoming guards. The being phased in, held off the guards for us and removed our omega legion geass with less than a snap of its proverbial fingers. All it asked was to be called to speak to our leaders in return."

He raises his staff slighty and holds it in front of him

"Statement: This one is not about to betray its promise. Besides, this one would rather not anger such a being. Let it summon itself and let those with a higher paygrade deal with it. "
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:50:24 am by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 12, 2016, 10:55:29 am »

Fiddler raises his hand in a "wait a second" way.

"Look, here's the dealie, see. What do you think is gonna happen to you, in the unlikely event that you survive it being summoned? You think there's a way command won't disassemble you for spare parts and mount your head on a spike after doing that, huh? That sound like a thing that's at all gonna happen? I mean, be serious here a moment. You can't be that stupid, can you?"

"Although I guess you could be banking on the idea that it gets all of command before they can get you, which is kind of a long shot, I'll be honest."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:57:20 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 12, 2016, 11:05:27 am »

"Statement: This one doesn't fear the ceasing of its function like you organics. It can simply be rebuild at a later time. And if it does get dissasembled, it would be a release from its incomplete and broken existence.
Wistful statement: It is a win for this one, no matter what happens.

Contemplative statement: From this one's interactions with the being, this one does not actually think it wishes to harm command. Rather, this one believe it may want command's cooperation with something.

Reccomendation: Perhaps Fiddler and Ebony organic may want to take some distance, of course. As Fiddler organic says, this one is not 100% sure of the outcome, and some distance could never hurt.
Melancholic statement: Such is life, unfortunately. Never any certainty."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2016, 11:19:15 am »

"I doubt it's going to go through all this trouble without vaporizing a few fuckers in the process. But that's mostly just me trying to talk myself into helping you out."

Fiddler stops trying to push Solam off the cliff.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, there is the part where it seems to be doing something with our brands, so let's just say we were under magical compulsion and had no responsibility over our actions. And the parts we did have responsibility over were your fault, since you so graciously volunteered to take the blame."

Actually, don't push Solam off the cliff. Whistle for Ebony to stop as well. Let it happen, I guess. Hopefully we can get a few people with whatever's gonna happen next!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 12, 2016, 11:26:07 am »

"Statement: Indeed, this one will take full responsibility for whatever happens.
Positive statement: Life is suffering, you might as well ease up and live a little. Do someting silly, unleash a terrible ancient power, drown an uppity magister. It's the little things that make life worth living."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 12, 2016, 12:04:15 pm »

Right then, no cliff-pushing. Still going to stand back though.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 12, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »

"I doubt it's going to go through all this trouble without vaporizing a few fuckers in the process. But that's mostly just me trying to talk myself into helping you out."

Fiddler stops trying to push Solam off the cliff.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, there is the part where it seems to be doing something with our brands, so let's just say we were under magical compulsion and had no responsibility over our actions. And the parts we did have responsibility over were your fault, since you so graciously volunteered to take the blame."

Actually, don't push Solam off the cliff. Whistle for Ebony to stop as well. Let it happen, I guess. Hopefully we can get a few people with whatever's gonna happen next!
Right then, no cliff-pushing. Still going to stand back though.
Yo two stand back and attempt to resist the urge to chant, instead of doing in your mindless fellow, like the creepy portal to the divine that he has become. Time for a will roll. Fiddler clamps down, puts his fingers in his ears, and pushes back against the gaes, which is now sending small trickles of light along his brand. Ebony, however, begins to mutter along in the rhythm of the chant - not quite chanting, but not quite keeping out of it.

Use robot computing to see if this chanting might be summoning the deity. Unless I have good reason to believe that this is not the case, chant along.
Your computing yields no results, so you go with your current expectations, and begin to chant along. it feels natural, though the words are foreign and you are a step behind, as if you are listening to the chant and then echoing it.

A strong wind picks up, and the sound of thunder echoes. It feels very odd, like hearing someone talk after a long, quiet walk on a still night.It takes you a moment to realize why - you've never heard thunder at Omega before. The wind, you notice, creates an eye, centered on the idol and yourselves, and swirls around, building up as it goes. The figures from the distance falter as they come, slowing down and bracing themselves against what is happening. One is pulling something out of its cloak, and the other looks to be gesturing wildly.

Suddenly, the wind stops, and the being that Clunkers spoke with is there, standing in the two upper hands of the idol. He doesn't seem like he should fit there, but he does. He looks like he should fill half the sky, and yet he stands as if on solid ground. Another odd thing is the stillness of the air, though the being looks as if he is in the middle of a hurricane.  And that hurricane looks as if it is coming for you. All four of your brands glow brightly for a moment before blacking back out, returning to the standard Omega brand you had before.

The barometer drops, and the hairs on the living among you rise up. it's going to be a doozy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2016, 03:23:15 am »

"Well, guess it's time for standard munchkin protocol. With me, everyone. Gonna try and survive this yet."

Be tiny, insignificant and put in distance between ourselves and nascent divine avatar.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2016, 08:15:38 am »

"Relieved statement: Well met again. Welcome to the Omega Legion Canyon. What is thy bidding for this one?"

Say above to the being.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 13, 2016, 08:49:13 pm »

((Sorry about dropping out for a while there, lost internet for a few weeks.))

Find out what I'm currently doing. See if I can actually move by myself, if doing so won't cause a dangerous spell fizzle.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:48 pm »

"Well, guess it's time for standard munchkin protocol. With me, everyone. Gonna try and survive this yet."

Be tiny, insignificant and put in distance between ourselves and nascent divine avatar.
You make tracks. Wanna disappear into or behind the monastery, or try to find a way down to the canyon floor? or something else?

"Relieved statement: Well met again. Welcome to the Omega Legion Canyon. What is thy bidding for this one?"

Say above to the being.
"WELL MET, EMISSARY. I SEE THAT THY MASTERS APPROACH TO GREET ME. THEY APPEAR LESS THAN PLEASED AT MY PRESENCE. PRESENT MY SUMMONS TO THEM, THAT I MIGHT RECEIVE ACCOUNT FROM THEM FOR YOUR DEEDS."

((Sorry about dropping out for a while there, lost internet for a few weeks.))

Find out what I'm currently doing. See if I can actually move by myself, if doing so won't cause a dangerous spell fizzle.
"huh? Where am I? What am I currently doing?" You look around in a daze. it is slowly coming back to you: after you went feral, you managed to come back to your senses for a little, and then went dormant as you were guided back to Omega. And now you are on the plateau, at the edge of the cliff down into the Omega Canyon, and a god of storms and justice stand before you, ready to take names and kick ass. Clunkers is chatting with it like they are old friends, and Fiddler is doing the sane thing and getting the fuck out of there. Ebony is ... considering her options carefully. she seems relieved that you are yourself again, at least, and that you haven't eaten her brains.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 15, 2016, 03:32:45 am »

Don't go into the monastery, instead just put some distance between myself and the current happenings. Make sure to watch the fireworks, though.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 15, 2016, 09:39:53 am »

Yeah, put some distance. Don't want to be in the blast zone if things get violent.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32