Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971386 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #4065 on: January 22, 2014, 09:31:26 am »

man, bay12 sure has some good and fast runing servers
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: January 22, 2014, 10:43:50 am »

You forget, Akroma, that this happens to be the anti-grimdark game by dint of being a magical girl game.

Although I fully expect people to start trying to enforce Cerberus Syndrome, but that sounds boring :c

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: January 22, 2014, 10:50:57 am »

well, shysm'caes is *the* god, and likely played part in the invention of death, so he doesn't really count into a statistic
1. She.
2. Even only counting lives she ended herself, with her own hand or magic.

as far as redemption goes, as I said, if Will believes in the law so much, there is plenty of resozialisation to be had in prison
Depends on the prison system. Most aren't so great.
Also, have I mentioned that she would die if we put her in prison? Prisons tend to look poorly on those who kill fellow prisoners. Any prison sentence is in reality a death sentence. If we're going to kill her, say that and don't just say we're locking her up without considering the consequences.

that being said, from an ingame perspective, Hack is doing an aweful lot of grinning, and clearly enjoys a bit fo cat and mouse. just look at how bored she was when we wanted to cut straight to the truth. there is a very real possibility that she is toying with us. I mean, she is basicaly telling us exactly what we wanted to hear - all of it unconfirmed.
Hack? I assume you mean Jack?
Well, without illustrations, it's hard to tell what kind of grin it is. It could be an "I'm glad to get this off my chest" grin as much as a "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" grin--and the first seems likelier, because it would be kind of negligent to have her smiling the second way without any kind of hint at that by rag.

it would be a dangerous underestimation to assume that she is not able to put up a bit of opera, tucking at the heart strings of people that she thinks might be easy to manipulate. It may very easily be all a lie. I mean, the whole rape backstory, nice and shocking to immediatly harness a lot of sympathy and understanding for the latest murder, but [jedi voice]search your feelings, something here is odd[/jedi voice]. Even assuming that she doesn't want to kill people who are mind controled, that doesn't imply she would be unable to stop them. Beat them up, or simply run away - even with mindcontrole, they were ordinary humans. That jack the ripper is unable to escape from them...I have my doubts. Moreso I have my doubts that a serial killer would hold up her will for redemption so high that she would rather be raped than hurt those poor mind-controled gang members
Jack the Ripper is not Kratos. He specialized in killing prostitutes, who are known neither for their combat skills nor for ganging up in packs. Her more recent victims were killed in their sleep. Jac is more of an assassin than a front-line combatant...and anyone without significant combat magic is going to lose to a mob.

I for one am convinced that ragnaroks plot is far from over. A character gets picked up on the street, while the TV basicaly just insta-solves the plot and bam, member of the group? Either Rag's "plot" is just another way to introduce his new side character, or this was just the prolouge
And if it is, we'll have to see what it is. It could as easily be an enemy of Jac's coming by as Jac herself turning on us.

You forget, Akroma, that this happens to be the anti-grimdark game by dint of being a magical girl game.
Wait, it is? We've been doing it wrong all along, then, what with child abuse, parental abandonment, almost-casual destruction, demonic possession, characters boasting about killing people who stumbled across the wrong area and being accepted without complaint from much of anyone...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: January 22, 2014, 10:53:38 am »

would be a shame, because re-reading what jack has said and done so far, she has done an absolutely brilliant job of playing her cards at the likes, dislikes, stereotypes and prejudices of the group. under the premise that it was her goal the entire time to infiltrate our group and possibly kill us, her execution of that plan has been flawless to the point where it actually seems believable that she as the most famous serial killer of all time succesfully evaded capture for over a century.

just think about how absolutely brilliant the rape lie (assuming it is a lie) is placed. even if you don't believe it, none of the chars would dare to accuse her of lying, for the sheer social backlash alone. and even if they did, all that is needed is her tearing up and doing that knee-hug fetal posture and immediatly 2d6 other characters will jump to her defence. on a side note, that would be a whole lot less grimdark than an actual rape victim.

if that is actually the case, then I applaud Ragnarok for the portrayal of the character. it is a very convincing and consistent villain, that is actually using cunning for a perfect disguise. by all acounts, she absolutely deserves to kill a few characters in their sleep for their sheer lack of suspicion. Ragnarok seems to be a brilliant GM.

unless of course it's all unintentional and jack is actually as flat as as she makes herself out to be, that would be a waste, because the resolution of the *plot* would have been rather short and uneventful.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: January 22, 2014, 10:57:42 am »

Jack the Ripper is not Kratos. He specialized in killing prostitutes, who are known neither for their combat skills nor for ganging up in packs. Her more recent victims were killed in their sleep. Jac is more of an assassin than a front-line combatant...and anyone without significant combat magic is going to lose to a mob.

yes, an assassin that kills people in their sleep. it's as you said, her weapons are wile and cunning, and man, she got most characters utterly disarmed and could off nearly any of them now. sometimes, the stealthiest approach is not just the old-fashioned sneaking stuff, but making the enemy believe that he has the assassin all figured out.

for someone with 100 years of experience, it might not just only be easy to pull off, it might simply be a game. eventually even murder gets boring, and must be spiced up

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:13 am »

would be a shame, because re-reading what jack has said and done so far, she has done an absolutely brilliant job of playing her cards at the likes, dislikes, stereotypes and prejudices of the group. under the premise that it was her goal the entire time to infiltrate our group and possibly kill us, her execution of that plan has been flawless to the point where it actually seems believable that she as the most famous serial killer of all time succesfully evaded capture for over a century.

just think about how absolutely brilliant the rape lie (assuming it is a lie) is placed. even if you don't believe it, none of the chars would dare to accuse her of lying, for the sheer social backlash alone. and even if they did, all that is needed is her tearing up and doing that knee-hug fetal posture and immediatly 2d6 other characters will jump to her defence. on a side note, that would be a whole lot less grimdark than an actual rape victim.
Excellent theory. And if rag has forgotten that Will should have picked up on that, he should be ashamed of himself.
You see, Will's power is very good at detecting liars.
(And since when has grimdark stopped us, Ms. Mass Murderer and Proud Of It?)

yes, an assassin that kills people in their sleep. it's as you said, her weapons are wile and cunning, and man, she got most characters utterly disarmed and could off nearly any of them now. sometimes, the stealthiest approach is not just the old-fashioned sneaking stuff, but making the enemy believe that he has the assassin all figured out.

for someone with 100 years of experience, it might not just only be easy to pull off, it might simply be a game. eventually even murder gets boring, and must be spiced up
Remarkable that you take a quote entirely out of context. I was responding to your claim that she should not have been able to resist the Black Vipers.

Now onto your argument. Yes, she could be just playing us, but...well, aside from your suspicions, there is no evidence for it, and given that Will's power is perfectly suited for detecting this kind of thing, it would be rather cheap of ragnarok to have it work anyways.

((...So the third set of things you have wanted her to make?))
...What? Selina hasn't made anything for Will that I can recall.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: January 22, 2014, 11:07:08 am »

It still is the third set of stuff he wanted.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:28 am »

What were the other sets?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: January 22, 2014, 11:14:54 am »

of course Hainuwele has no proof - neither has Jack.

anyway, I would not rely too much on Will's power of figuring things out making him always aware of anything at all times.

because frankly, if it is a constantly active passive that requires neither roll nor mana, it's more overpowered than anima, that would burst any plot that is not focused on fighting.

if you want to make sure Ragnarok recognise that Will is using his power, it is in your duty to announce that you are using it and to make a roll (or which is better, ask Rag to roll for you).

If Rags plot is based on deception, I really can't blame him to not immediatly turn a scene upside down and give you all 100% correct info just because Will happened to be in the room. With such a strong skill being a constantly turned on passive, any plot becomes arbitrary or has to resolve to various ways of shutting will down. And that would be kinda bad, because Will has this power, and thus should have the right to use it. But seriously, with rolls and mana expense, as every other superpower

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: January 22, 2014, 11:16:32 am »

:3

Akroma? No comment.

Gold? Nope, truth. immortal serial killer or not, get shot enough and you're gonna pass out. She didn't know what exactly would happen until she was tied up in a room with her knives taken.

kufufufu.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: January 22, 2014, 11:18:39 am »

of course Hainuwele has no proof - neither has Jack.
Isn't it innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around?

anyway, I would not rely too much on Will's power of figuring things out making him always aware of anything at all times.

because frankly, if it is a constantly active passive that requires neither roll nor mana, it's more overpowered than anima, that would burst any plot that is not focused on fighting.
You know, Elf and I never really worked out how it worked for the most part. A few specific examples, sure, but not in general. Guess that's what happens when you import a character wholesale from one RP to another.

Akroma? No comment.
Gold? Nope, truth. immortal serial killer or not, get shot enough and you're gonna pass out. She didn't know what exactly would happen until she was tied up in a room with her knives taken.
kufufufu.
...?
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:33 am »

Akroma? No comment.
kufufufu.
...?
His power didn't activate because she wasn't lying.

Then again, you don't need to lie to misdirect people.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: January 22, 2014, 11:25:40 am »

has confessed to being jack the ripper and that she spent the last 100 years murdering her way through the world. she is plenty guilty. hainuwele simply lacks proof that she can't be trusted, while jack lacks proof that she can be trusted.

as for elf not working out with you how the stuff works, well, it might be for the best to get that discussion going then. GMs and players alike benefit from knowing the limitations of an ability beforehand. eventually, there will be a misunderstanding at a crucial juncture. it makes the GMs job significantly easier if the game is not disrupted mid-play by long discussions

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:12 am »

Hey, lets stop arguing and go back to making fun of Kyle.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:47 am »

I am not argueing, for the plot I have in mind, I really have to know where Wills limits are, beforehand. I don't wanna have to arbitrarily somehow keep Will away from it, should he express interest, nor do I want discussions with GWG when he does what he thinks should be no problem, while I think that this shouldn't be possible. It's in a GMs duty to try and spot disruptions like this *before* they become relevant.

--

what's kyle power anyway?

I only got that he is super sturdy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:30:28 am by Akroma »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1030