Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 971410 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5250 on: February 02, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

which reminds me, I still need to ask Kyle about making some 3D gear.

you know, just for awesomeness
What, to engage dere mode?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: February 02, 2014, 03:53:41 pm »

yy..yeaaah. The kind of dere that after a while leaves tiny holes from the grabling hook everywhere, including unfortunate people, but it's somewhat dere
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: February 02, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »

If they believe in the Abrahamic God, then they get sent to that dichotomy. Though if they don't believe in an afterlife at all, then see atheists or samsara depending on the specific beliefs involved. And again, what you believe they have as entry requirements doesn't really count for anything unless they actually stick to them.
Which dichtomy? The Abrahamic God's associated afterlives have had a wide variety of entry requirements. Heck, different sects of Christianity not only have vastly different entry reqirements, but some have a whole different type of afterlife (Purgatory) added to the mix.
Not helping matters are the inconsistencies of Biblical verses on of it's deeds or beliefs that get you into heaven.

Point is, either God is somewhat schizophrenic or some are getting judged by the standards of other sects.

(It's entirely probably that I'm overthinking this.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: February 02, 2014, 03:56:59 pm »

yy..yeaaah. The kind of dere that after a while leaves tiny holes from the grabling hook everywhere, including unfortunate people, but it's somewhat dere
Dere Hai is best Hai.

Titan Kyle is best Kyle.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: February 02, 2014, 04:08:01 pm »

If they believe in the Abrahamic God, then they get sent to that dichotomy. Though if they don't believe in an afterlife at all, then see atheists or samsara depending on the specific beliefs involved. And again, what you believe they have as entry requirements doesn't really count for anything unless they actually stick to them.
Which dichtomy? The Abrahamic God's associated afterlives have had a wide variety of entry requirements. Heck, different sects of Christianity not only have vastly different entry reqirements, but some have a whole different type of afterlife (Purgatory) added to the mix.
Not helping matters are the inconsistencies of Biblical verses on of it's deeds or beliefs that get you into heaven.

Point is, either God is somewhat schizophrenic or some are getting judged by the standards of other sects.

(It's entirely probably that I'm overthinking this.)

Probably.

Basically, heaven decides what the rules are. In this case, whether or not you are useful to them.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: February 02, 2014, 04:09:27 pm »

Well, Kyle does seem like the kind of guy who would punch his face off if there is an enemy sitting on his nose, yes
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: February 02, 2014, 04:11:23 pm »

Again, best Kyle... And I just found a use for the AoT VR.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: February 02, 2014, 04:12:04 pm »

Aowhat?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: February 02, 2014, 04:12:51 pm »

Is it CHASTE HUGGING?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: February 02, 2014, 04:17:13 pm »

Aowhat?
The Attack on Titan VR.

Is it CHASTE HUGGING?
No... Maybe.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: February 02, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

VR ?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: February 02, 2014, 04:19:03 pm »

No... Maybe.

*twirls mustache* Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!

In all seriousness though, I'm surprised everyone has made more use of the VR stuff.

VR ?

Virtual Reality.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: February 02, 2014, 04:54:04 pm »

((right, the solve every problem button. doesn't mean shit if your hands keep up with your mind))
Why would they need to keep up?
1. Will sees Hai.
2. Will determines where Hai, on a ballistic trajectory, will be when she zooms by his head.
3. Will outs his hand where Hai will be.
4. Will closes his hand when the lilliputian hits it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: February 02, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »

sheer prediction does not replace hand-eye coordination. he needs to move his hand very fast and then close his hand at the exact right time. Dex plays a role here, and not a small one

I mean what, does Wills Mind stat completely replace his Dex stat?

I mean, he just predicts where every enemy attack will go, so of course he dodges them easily. likewise he predicts where they'll move, so he easily hits, all thanks to the power of minmaxing?

sheer intuition means nothing when your body can't keep up. the ability to make very precise movements, especially when moving very fast is hand-eye coordination and muscle memory from training, or put together, dexterity. It's the difference between putting theory into practise. Like a scientist and an engineer. I know a ton of stuff about the haber bosch process, because I study chemistry, but even if I had accurate blueprints, high quality tools and months of time, I'd not be able to properly built a fucking reactor

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: February 02, 2014, 05:26:24 pm »

sheer prediction does not replace hand-eye coordination. he needs to move his hand very fast and then close his hand at the exact right time. Dex plays a role here, and not a small one
Smaller than you'd think. Where do you think Will is? How are you getting high speeds without being visible a good way out? Pretty much the only thing you need timing for, if you know their trajectory (which is exactly what Will's power can do), is close your hand...and wouldn't you know, people have a reflex for that kind of stuff.

I mean what, does Wills Mind stat completely replace his Dex stat?

I mean, he just predicts where every enemy attack will go, so of course he dodges them easily. likewise he predicts where they'll move, so he easily hits, all thanks to the power of minmaxing?
Well, it's a possibility Elf and I discussed. In actual combat, it costs mana, but out of combat mana is restored fast enough that we don't actually track it.

sheer intuition means nothing when your body can't keep up. the ability to make very precise movements, especially when moving very fast is hand-eye coordination and muscle memory from training, or put together, dexterity. It's the difference between putting theory into practise. Like a scientist and an engineer. I know a ton of stuff about the haber bosch process, because I study chemistry, but even if I had accurate blueprints, high quality tools and months of time, I'd not be able to properly built a fucking reactor
Again, it takes less swift split-second timing than you'd imagine. Unless of course Hai was invisible and silent.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 1030