Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976044 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5985 on: February 06, 2014, 12:42:05 pm »

Being inside a painting doesn't directly change your existence, therefore it's not a curse. Arguably. I dunno.

start arguing, elf/rag. :P

I'd just chalk it up to angels are weird. They use different theories, but are mostly used for the same thing, debilitating something.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: February 06, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »

Being inside a painting doesn't directly change your existence, therefore it's not a curse. Arguably. I dunno.

I'd just chalk it up to angels are weird. They use different theories, but are mostly used for the same thing, debilitating something.

So basically you're changing it mid-combat to fit it into the favor of the Angels. Gotcha.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: February 06, 2014, 12:43:10 pm »

@Elf, is what Grandiose did still binding and not curse? Would the field still block a self sustaining magic attack (if for example, Ester focused light into a high power laser and sent it into the house, would it be unaffected because the photons only require magic to get form a beam but not to remain a beam)?
Yes, yes, and Abraxas' upgrade counters Dumah beam.

I assume this is the relevant part for that statement you just made about Asariel's curse being null, Emp?
Yes, @Ragnarok argued the circumstances of her escape as being due to her having curse control. As the spell is now defined as binding magic and not curse magic, those circumstances are no longer possible, she would have likely gone last, lost her turn or failed outright. Hence, she would have been unable to use her curse, hence Marie and Kyle's attacks would have been used without the instant fail.

Trust me, at this point you really don't want Dumah to get killed.

All that Entropy has to go SOMEWHERE, after all. It's not just going to fizzle out.
Actually, it would probably all be used up empowering the Fate attack if it hits. That is, sabotaging Creation and causing the formation of a high intensity distortion.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: February 06, 2014, 12:44:34 pm »

Personally, I don't even know what the anti-magic field is doing. I suspect Elf has no idea either and is trying to pretend he knows what he's talking about.

The rest of that makes me very, very  ::)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: February 06, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »

Basically, @Elf is intending it as an anti-supernatural effect barrier. @Ragnarok however has created most of the lore. Without telling @Elf the details.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: February 06, 2014, 12:46:16 pm »

So basically you're changing it mid-combat to fit it into the favor of the Angels. Gotcha.

No.

I'm not.

Like I said, she would HAVE to have control over seals as well.

Because she made the shit that SEALED THE FUCKING FALLEN ANGELS' POWERS AWAY.

Basically, @Elf is intending it as an anti-supernatural effect barrier. @Ragnarok however has created most of the lore. Without telling @Elf the details.

Actually so did you by having your hail not vanish into nothing before striking the house.

I'm just pointing out the shit that has happened that SHOULD have been stopped if it works as it did, but wasn't.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: February 06, 2014, 12:46:26 pm »

Slendy's EM affected things because people decided to forget that there was a magical shield, I wasn't online and so nobody bothered asking me. By the time I was, nobody bothered informing me of slendy. (Elf much disappoint by this by the way :( )

The hail wasn't magical in itself; and it never hit the house.

The field works by directly suppressing it, yes. However, that isn't the thing stopping it; Abraxas' upgrade, which is supposed to handle Void and Twilight is. And THAT works by stopping things dead; however in theory if Dumah where to blast the house directly with an explicitly magical blast, THAT would damage it. It isn't, hence why the house would withstand it.

For the purposes of game mechanics, any immobilising or otherwise movement-impairing attack counts as a bind, unless otherwise stated by fluff or it's creator.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:48:00 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: February 06, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »

how did the magically created hail not vanish into the ether before striking the house?
I never mentioned it striking the house. I only ever mentioned it striking things outside the house.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: February 06, 2014, 12:48:06 pm »

Wait what.

no.

Void and Twilight shit wouldn't affect it.

It's not.

Pure creation.

Slendy's EM affected things because people decided to forget that there was a magical shield, I wasn't online and so nobody bothered asking me. By the time I was, nobody bothered informing me of slendy. (Elf much disappoint by this by the way :( )

The hail wasn't magical in itself; and it never hit the house.

The field works by directly suppressing it, yes. However, that isn't the thing stopping it; Abraxas' upgrade, which is supposed to handle Void and Twilight is. And THAT works by stopping things dead; however in theory if Dumah where to blast the house directly with an explicitly magical blast, THAT would damage it. It isn't, hence why the house would withstand it.

For the purposes of game mechanics, any immobilising or otherwise movement-impairing attack counts as a bind, unless otherwise stated by fluff or it's creator.

I'm not saying the rules need to change, I'm clarifying her ability. As I have been trying to for the last few posts.

if she doesn't have that sphere of control as I defined it, she doesn't work as a character.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:50:28 pm by ragnarok97071 »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »

Also, Cyrielle and Izzy are on the field's exception list if they weren't, they probably wouldn't be able to do much.

You said true magic was Creation, this is an antimagic field, it blocks creation.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: February 06, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »

Wait what.

no.

It's not.

Pure creation.
That case, the beam would be turned into a small laser causing a small hole in the walls due to the suppression of such effects by Alexander.

Either way, it shouldn't blow everything up inside.

I, however, have yet to say anything about her using it on something not protected against nigh-everything.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: February 06, 2014, 12:50:47 pm »

huh?

health and MP are entirely without correlation to the stats in question. Bad Rag. Don't do the Kyle way of health maths.

Anyway, the battle is about to end, and everyone will have plenty of reason to seek revenge. We will prepare, and then we will grind these fuckers like corn.

I would propose attacking them once they finished whatever they are doing (unless that involves earth being destroyed), seeing as they will seperate. Asariel is a fallen angel, she will stay on earth and Dumah did not seem to give much of a fuck about her. Once she is alone, she is toast.

Dumah, well, in heaven likely unreachable, unless Shis'm Caes gives us the authority to carry out his judgement. Dumah has been attacking him, which is open rebellion, so unless the entirety of heaven is unable to recognise Caes, nobody will help Dumah.

on a side note, Dumah possessed a girl who was in a rubber cell. *why* does this girl in a rubber cell also have a statpool of 160? It's entirely within reason to assume that the fucking vessel is weaker than the seraphim. Constanza has no business being that ridiculous.

------------

leaving that aside, lets brainstorm for ways of a) making dex less OP, and b) making other stats more relevant.

a)

- multiple actions are allowed in the 20/40/60 bracket, but every action beyond the first, main action can only be an unmodified physical attack, or a positioning action, or something that makes sense in the vein off "moves very fast". Not only do these actions gain the -10/-20 etc penalty on dex, but also the same penalty on str for the damage.

- when faced by multiple assailants or by multiple attack, the first two dodges are unmodified, everything beyond that will gain a -10/-20 etc penalty. No endless dodging

- a critical attack (attacker roll 100+ more dex than the targets dodge), no longer deals double damage, nor does it stun the enemy, but it does give you one more additional attack, with the same modifiers as if it was a regular additional attack gained by having high dex. Meaning you you normaly have three actions, and Crit, your now gained 4th action will be at -30 dex and -30 str. For high Dex chars, this may result in a flurry of blows, but very shortly, the damage will be negliable. Such a combo automaticaly ends if an attack fails to do damage.

- a critical dodge (targets rolls 100 more dex than the target) gives you an additional chance to dodge another attack with +10 to the roll. example, Seles is attacked by 5 dudes. She could dodge the first 2 attacks without penalty, and then at -10/-20/-30. Lets say she crit-dodges the second attack, making the penalties 0/-20/-30 for the following dodges.

so much for dex. useful enough to encourage high dex, but not dominating

b)

suggestion for Str/End

on hit, attacker rolls Str, target rolls End. If the strength roll is won, damage is dealt normaly. If the endurance roll is won, damage is reduced by 1d20+end

on a Str-Crit, damage is doubled and there is a chance to stun

on a End-Crit, damage reduction is doubled, and the recoil will end any possible combo the enemy is laying on you.

a similar interaction should be appliable for magic that deals physical damage, mag vs mind

those are just general ideas, please brainstorm.

I am unfamiliar with the works of magic, so someone should try to find a way if high mag/mind would have any effects on allowing multiple power uses per turn, possibly making spells more mana efficent and/or reducing cast time
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:53:59 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: February 06, 2014, 12:51:36 pm »

Wait what.

no.

It's not.

Pure creation.
That case, the beam would be turned into a small laser causing a small hole in the walls due to the suppression of such effects by Alexander.

I, however, have yet to say anything about her using it on something not protected against nigh-everything.

Howssat?

Entropic energy isn't magical itself, just weird as fuck and highly unnatural. The only thing magical is the generation and the bits keeping it from going nova.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: February 06, 2014, 12:52:45 pm »

on a side note, Dumah possessed a girl who was in a rubber cell. *why* does this girl in a rubber cell also have a statpool of 160? It's entirely within reason to assume that the fucking vessel is weaker than the seraphim. Constanza has no business being that ridiculous.

Blame Rag, not me. I originally statted her up at 80 or 100, IIRC.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: February 06, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »

leaving that aside, lets brainstorm for ways of a) making dex less OP, and b) making other stats more relevant.
We may not need to, remember, @Ragnarok wasn't clear on the normal rules that @Elf uses and thus used his own ruleset.

Wait what.

no.

It's not.

Pure creation.

Howssat?

Entropic energy isn't magical itself, just weird as fuck and highly unnatural. The only thing magical is the generation and the bits keeping it from going nova.
Entropy doesn't do any of that stuff! It's the tendency for energy to be evenly distributed over time throughout interacting systems. It doesn't convert mass into energy, that would be antimatter.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1030