Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976053 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #13335 on: May 05, 2014, 08:37:06 am »

((Dat Mew be kinda useless without TMs. Or Pokemon to transform into.))
Not true. It has quite a few moves aside from that. Besides, if we wanted TMs or HMs, couldn't we ask IRIS for them?
And Transform can only be used on Pokemon?
Finally, do we need to define our Pokemons' movesets?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: May 05, 2014, 08:41:53 am »

Isn't the whole appeal of a Mew to be able to learn any move, ever? Also, STAB boost. :P

And yeah, that would help. Transform would probably have the same limitations as it does ingame.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: May 05, 2014, 08:50:24 am »

For me, the appeal of a Mew is "it's Mew!"

It only has those limitations in-game because there's nothing else to transform into, really. Pretty sure that supplementary material has Ditto Transforming into non-Pokemon.

Are you saying we should give them move lists?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:54 am »

So the appeal is that it's a cat fetus with a tail that happens to out-moe Meme? :P To each his own, I guess.
I meant I'm going to apply Transform's limitations; trying to transform into a human magical opponent will only give you weaker version of their moves. Or alternatively, make it obvious that you aren't them.

And yes, sure. Limiting it to eight moves.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: May 05, 2014, 09:02:24 am »

Mew is cool. And I'm not a Pokenerd like some people...

"Make it obvious you aren't them"? That removes most of the appeal.

Alright. Twice as many as expected.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: May 05, 2014, 09:04:29 am »

Vektor the Porygon-Z

Ability: Adaptability - STAB moves have 50% more base power (so normal moves have 2x STAB instead of 1.5)

I assume adding items and EV/IV spreads might be overkill

Moves:

Tri-Attack
80 Base power (so 160 with adaptability) (whatever that means for this game?)
20% chance to either set the enemy on fire (damage over time, halves str), paralyse(25% chance to miss a turn, halves dex) or freeze him (33% chance to thaw, until then no moves) (so 6.7% chance each)

Hyper Beam
150 (300 with adaptability, boom) base power
skips next turn, best for when the enemy just needs to die *now*

Dark Pulse
80 base power
20% chance to make the enemy flinch, thus lose a turn, probably super effective against holy stuff like Angels

Thunderbolt
90 base
10% chance to paralyse, probably effective against machines like ICARUS

((wait, 8 moves? eight?! alrighty then))

Icebeam
90 base
10% chance to freeze, good against whatever ice is good against

Recover
heal 50% health

Shadowball
80 base
20% chance to lower enemies special defence (so mind?), probably good against supernatural stuff, but useless against mundane enemies

Charge Beam
50 base
70% chance to increase how special attack (mag?), for when damage is needed in long fights

((also damnit, why did I have to choose a pokemon that fits ICARUS? Poor Gastrodon, how could I betray you so?))
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 03:38:36 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: May 05, 2014, 09:07:58 am »

Mew is cool. And I'm not a Pokenerd like some people...

"Make it obvious you aren't them"? That removes most of the appeal.

Alright. Twice as many as expected.
Hey, its cool. I personally like Celebi more. Mew isn't moe enough for me. :c

I'm at least limiting the power.

Also, yes, eight. Why? Because screw four.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: May 05, 2014, 09:11:35 am »

btw, Darkrai may or may not be OP. Dark void puts *all* enemies to sleep. insta win in a fight more or less
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: May 05, 2014, 09:12:09 am »

btw, Darkrai may or may not be OP. Dark void puts *all* enemies to sleep. insta win in a fight more or less
Dat shit needs a nerf.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: May 05, 2014, 09:17:01 am »

If we're going to be using the pokemon in actual battles we need some proper rules for them.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: May 05, 2014, 11:23:51 am »

Touche...
Any chance I can convince you to let Transform "stack" with other moves to allow a more compelling transformation? And on that note, can other moves do things beyond what they do in-game as their names imply? (E.g, "Amnesia")
And while I'm asking questions, would Baton Pass let Nuriel's Blaziken pass off his huge stat boosts to others? And if I finalized Angel no longer having Magic since Nuriel basically checked out, would you let her get more Pokemon/be able to use Pokeballs on various entities we come across to use them as summons?

Oh, and...what are Alice, ICARUS, and Lunette doing?
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: May 05, 2014, 11:26:43 am »

the Rose plot. Russian terrorist group is using some sort of teleport nexus to throw off people following them, so we just checked *all* the portals and are now investigating the interesting ones

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: May 05, 2014, 11:46:53 am »

Touche...
Any chance I can convince you to let Transform "stack" with other moves to allow a more compelling transformation? And on that note, can other moves do things beyond what they do in-game as their names imply? (E.g, "Amnesia")
And while I'm asking questions, would Baton Pass let Nuriel's Blaziken pass off his huge stat boosts to others? And if I finalized Angel no longer having Magic since Nuriel basically checked out, would you let her get more Pokemon/be able to use Pokeballs on various entities we come across to use them as summons?

Oh, and...what are Alice, ICARUS, and Lunette doing?
Possibly. And probably not. Unless you WANT Amnesia to make your Pokemon forget everything. EVERYTHING. Including, well, Amnesia.

Yes, but again, I'm figuring out how to balance that. I'd allow the former. Most other entities would destroy or eat Pokeballs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: May 05, 2014, 11:49:25 am »

That's...nonspecific.

I thought Amnesia gave someone else Amnesia. Alright, changing that move.

You allowed Kyle to tame Fluffy, right? Let Angel do that with Pokeballs instead of having any kind of magic. It's not like balance has ever been an issue.
Wait, so Pokeballs can hold gods and incarnations of various natural forces, not to mention giant dragons, whales, computer programs, turtles the size of mountains, and so on, but they can't hold "most other entities" we face?
Sig

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: May 05, 2014, 12:05:01 pm »

Wait, so Pokeballs can hold gods and incarnations of various natural forces, not to mention giant dragons, whales, computer programs, turtles the size of mountains, and so on, but they can't hold "most other entities" we face?
Yes.
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1030