Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976038 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14025 on: May 25, 2014, 03:59:00 pm »

sickness is good, now you can tell everyone who wants to bug you away from the computer *nope, I am dying* and just post turns
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14026 on: May 25, 2014, 04:01:02 pm »

That's a good explanation, but how do the uncreated like Bartimaeus percieve anywhere other than the predefined locations since they are native to the void? I recall Akroma saying that they appear as moving shadows in the void, but that was from IC lore text.

Well, Bartimaeus being a spirit would probably be defined as a shadow while inside of the void. Creation takes form. Void destroys form. Since Bartimaeus exists in Creation, he has a form (many different ones infact). Since you created Bartimaeus, what did his form in the void look like?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14027 on: May 25, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »

That's a good explanation, but how do the uncreated like Bartimaeus percieve anywhere other than the predefined locations since they are native to the void? I recall Akroma saying that they appear as moving shadows in the void, but that was from IC lore text.
Since the void is always being observed by external entities, that is, the souls in the soul mill, that forces the void into a finite number of states. Not necessarily a single state though. Seeing as this is beginning to resembled a twisted, butchery of quantum mechanics, the shadows could be akin to the probability clouds electrons reside in. That is, they see a 'shadow' consisting of the probability that the other objects are in a location and doing something. The darker areas are the more likely actions and locations.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14028 on: May 25, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Bartimaeus has a true form as every other entity, but has never really showed it. He explained stuff like 'it will blind you' or 'you can't comprehend it', but those were mostly lies to strengthen his ego. However, Bartimaeus isn't entirely void either--he's part creation from his soul link with Alucard, but only in a minuscule amount. And this is how he shapeshifts his magic as well.

Funny, this raises the question of Barti's gender again.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14029 on: May 25, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »

sickness is good, now you can tell everyone who wants to bug you away from the computer *nope, I am dying* and just post turns

:P I'll think about it and post a turn in like an hour or two. I have a headache so let me get that gone and I'll give you a really, really fresh turn. Deal?
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14030 on: May 25, 2014, 04:07:32 pm »

bedtime ETA 20 hours, so best not take too long
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14031 on: May 25, 2014, 04:09:26 pm »

Bartimaeus has a true form as every other entity.
The fuck would a true form be anyway? A fully collapsed superposition, that is, a single state? Or a superposition, so something like a probability cloud or some-such?

Or is the reason that people cannot see their true form because they could as external observers and a true form can only occur as in a superposition state and is never collapsed into?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14032 on: May 25, 2014, 04:12:22 pm »

I really have no idea, but I recall Akroma saying that entities have true forms and stuff. I already know what Bartimaeus's true form is, of course. In fact, I have pretty much all his backstory written now.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14033 on: May 25, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »

Eh, who knows. True forms are weird even with demons. Sen's true form, for example, looks like a large dog-like gorilla without eyes and countless books attached to the fur on her back.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14034 on: May 25, 2014, 04:16:45 pm »

What would a true form be anyway if the default state is a superposition? Demons seem to have monstrous true forms such as beasts (Sen) or dragons (Anyanya). Fate Aspects' truest forms would basically be the state of the entire future universe at the end of time. Actually, come to think of it, what precisely is the 'true form' of a human? Is it their soul? Is it their body? If it is their body, then at what age? In their prime? In their current state even if it no longer exists?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14035 on: May 25, 2014, 04:22:03 pm »

What would a true form be anyway if the default state is a superposition? Demons seem to have monstrous true forms such as beasts (Sen) or dragons (Anyanya). Fate Aspects' truest forms would basically be the state of the entire future universe at the end of time. Actually, come to think of it, what precisely is the 'true form' of a human? Is it their soul? Is it their body? If it is their body, then at what age? In their prime? In their current state even if it no longer exists?

True forms are all based on perception. Sen's true form looks bestial because of the time when she was created. Her 'Mother' (a human/demon hybrid. Sen is full demon) probably saw her and began to fear her desire and instinct to learn. Who knows really :/

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14036 on: May 25, 2014, 04:23:46 pm »

True forms are all based on perception. Sen's true form looks bestial because of the time when she was created. Her 'Mother' (a human/demon hybrid. Sen is full demon) probably saw her and began to fear her desire and instinct to learn. Who knows really :/
So, what would Yomiko's true form look like? Would a demon that had loving parents and whatnot have the true form of a fluffy bunny or something?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14037 on: May 25, 2014, 04:26:45 pm »

So, what would Yomiko's true form look like? Would a demon that had loving parents and whatnot have the true form of a fluffy bunny or something?

Whereas Sen's mother saw a monster with Sen, Sen saw herself in Yomiko. Thus, Yomiko's true form looks like a child-like Sen. Depends on the parents I guess.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14038 on: May 25, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »

Cue The Great Duke Dantalion, who knows and can change all thoughts, display the similitude of others and be in any part of the world as he wishes, having the true form of a fluffy wambler.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14039 on: May 25, 2014, 04:32:33 pm »

Hah.
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1030