Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1086314 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.42.06-r1
« Reply #4230 on: May 03, 2016, 10:16:52 am »

Ah, shame.  I wonder how hard it would be to update tiletypes to just remove the orphaned constructions and blocks if it's turning a construction into not-a-construction.  I mean, would it be that easy?
Tile type manipulation is full of stuff like this. E.g. if it's part of vein you need to find the vein entry and remove the tile from it's mask. Also tree and shrubs have special logic and so on...

Making sure that each one work correctly would take someone ages (and it would probably break a lot) but anyone who wants to do that is welcome :)

Haha, fair enough.  Thanks for cleanconst, BTW, that actually does help a lot.

I actually might write a quick little script, just for myself, to clean up orphaned constructions from my tiletypes usage.  Shouldn't be too hard to iterate the list of constructions and remove the ones that are located at tiles that aren't constructions anymore.  I take it, from skimming the code on github, that the tiletypes enum isn't laid out in a sane way where I can just use a mask to figure out which ones are constructions and which ones aren't.  Unless I want to write a full plugin that can use df::enum_attrs, I'll have to just make a list of all the tile types that are constructions, right?
There is actually tile attrs for materials. And one of them is "CONSTRUCTION" so you could use that. Also scripts can use those attrs just finde you don't need plugin for that (unless you want to do it often on a whole map).

kane_t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: May 03, 2016, 10:57:45 am »

There is actually tile attrs for materials. And one of them is "CONSTRUCTION" so you could use that. Also scripts can use those attrs just finde you don't need plugin for that (unless you want to do it often on a whole map).

Cheers.  My script found 1650 orphaned constructions, which sounds about right, and deleted them without issue.  Easier than I was expecting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4232 on: May 03, 2016, 11:30:17 am »

The assumption is no, but can I:

1. Still use Rendermax with 42.06 and TWBT?
2. Still trigger invasions somehow?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: May 03, 2016, 11:45:39 am »

No to both.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4234 on: May 03, 2016, 12:29:20 pm »

Thank you again, even if that is fairly horrible news. Testing invaders will have to be done the hard way, countless hours of play and player feedback.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: May 03, 2016, 01:44:33 pm »

Thank you again, even if that is fairly horrible news. Testing invaders will have to be done the hard way, countless hours of play and player feedback.

I am working on a simulated siege script, but it is on the back burner until I finish my thesis (as is everything else in my life). For now I have the spawning component worked out, you specify the number or a range of numbers of units to spawn, it then uses the castes pop ratios to pick the correct mix of units, it then allocates a number of skill points (user defined) to each unit, and it uses the equipment and materials available to the civilization to create appropriate uniforms. You can also overwrite all the automatic selection stuff by saying you want X of caste 1, Y of caste 2, Z of caste 3, etc... and you want a specific uniform and skill distribution. But I haven't gotten it to register as an actually siege, so it doesn't do much and the units just hang out on the edge of the map.

And of course this all bypasses the whole "army" thing DF uses now. It's possible I will try to link it to armies in the future, but again, until June all I can do is read the forums and add to my to-do list.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4236 on: May 03, 2016, 01:54:22 pm »

I can work around it by making them allies and spawning caravans with bodyguards.

That way I can see which materials they use, if items and graphics work, how the guards are equipped...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: May 03, 2016, 06:12:20 pm »

on the back burner until I finish my thesis (as is everything else in my life) ... until June all I can do is read the forums and add to my to-do list.

Amen; and good luck!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: May 03, 2016, 07:42:31 pm »

until I finish my thesis
When DF is your sanity break, you know you've made a wise career choice.

Fortunately for me, I didn't discover DF until well after I'd finished my thesis.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: May 04, 2016, 01:54:25 pm »

okay got throwing to work so I figured why not recreate Golf strangely I kept throwing my musical instrument per stroke

which then I threw a stone throne around and then notice something wonderful about tagging the same item with projectile prompts
and tested this with a corpse.

so uhh telekinesis.lua is set up.

at least now I can scratch off itemshotgun off the Dfhack todo list.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: May 04, 2016, 02:46:27 pm »

until I finish my thesis

Fortunately for me, I didn't discover DF until well after I'd finished my thesis.

Not sure Physicist is a wise career choice, but I've been in graduate school for 7 years now so I am just ready to be done.

okay got throwing to work so I figured why not recreate Golf strangely I kept throwing my musical instrument per stroke

Two Questions:
1. What happens if there are more than one item at a position?
2. Do you find it faster to check for an item going through the entire item list instead of checking the occupancy? (I may be remembering occupancy wrong, does that just tell you True or False and you would have to look through the list anyway?)

On a side note I did manage to think up a way to get multilevel buildings to work. After a building is built it is possible to change the tile type inside a building to be a pillar (or wall or what have you) that can then support the next floor above it. I am thinking I will try to write a script that will modify a building to change unpassable tiles or something like that to pillars or walls and then build on top of it. The only question that remains is will it cause crashes? Who knows. (Also if I turn a workshop tile into stairs could a dwarf use those stairs? Could we actually allow for different stories that dwarfs can access? I doubt it, but it would be cool)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: May 04, 2016, 04:28:58 pm »

until I finish my thesis

Not sure Physicist is a wise career choice, but I've been in graduate school for 7 years now so I am just ready to be done.

Two Questions:
1. What happens if there are more than one item at a position?
2. Do you find it faster to check for an item going through the entire item list instead of checking the occupancy? (I may be remembering occupancy wrong, does that just tell you True or False and you would have to look through the list anyway?)

On a side note I did manage to think up a way to get multilevel buildings to work. After a building is built it is possible to change the tile type inside a building to be a pillar (or wall or what have you) that can then support the next floor above it. I am thinking I will try to write a script that will modify a building to change unpassable tiles or something like that to pillars or walls and then build on top of it. The only question that remains is will it cause crashes? Who knows. (Also if I turn a workshop tile into stairs could a dwarf use those stairs? Could we actually allow for different stories that dwarfs can access? I doubt it, but it would be cool)
1. it pulls the top most item from the list usually throwing 1 item
2. I comment out the occupancy stuff as I didn't figure out how to do item tile checks also that items usually don't block movement.
I also had to pull one of warmist old corpse explosion scripts to figure out how to check for items... then realized oh yeah adding a pause so you can poke the item then point to the direction you want to fling it.
also I think I possibly simpler to just swap out the items.all for items.other.IN_PLAY to search for stuff in field than all items in existence but hey.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: May 04, 2016, 11:16:21 pm »

@roses there is block-local item storage that MUST be up-to-date. It has item ids and you can get items quicker that way.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: May 05, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »

@roses there is block-local item storage that MUST be up-to-date. It has item ids and you can get items quicker that way.

Thanks, that's good to know. Better than searching through tens of thousands of items. Does the local storage also handle items that are in constructions/buildings/inventories or only those on the ground?

EDIT: So looking at tasks that are hardcoded that can't be done with a custom reaction I have
Code: [Select]
Butcher a dead animal (maybe a script which enters arena mode and hits the butcher key?)
Extract from dead animal
Capture a live land animal
Milk Creature
Shear Creatue
Capture a live fish
Engrave memorial (not sure about this one)
Melt Item (can be done, but doesn't handle the fractional bars and such, script should be able to replicate)
Prepare meal (not sure about this one)
Collect Sand
Collect Webs
Collect Clay
Are there any other I am missing, or are there any I have that people think could be done with scripts? Obviously I think they could all be "done" with scripts, but I was thinking about replicating the exact features not just, sand bag is created, remove some sand from map.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:13:49 pm by Roses »

indyofcomo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: May 05, 2016, 09:45:12 pm »

Auto-allocate beds/etc to mayor/etc doesn't seem to be working for me. Any known issues with that in 42.04-r1?
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 360