Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 247

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 315363 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.40.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1155 on: September 25, 2014, 03:23:39 pm »

There's a modding guide over at the wiki
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Modding_guide

I suggest you start by creating your own creature, preferably using another creature as a base. That's the easiest/most fun form of DF modding.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Modding_guide

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 25, 2014, 05:27:58 pm »

I figured the 34.11 was more accurate. The 2014 isn't finished yet.
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 25, 2014, 06:16:16 pm »

Hey guys i'm drawing sprites for a mod and i have one question. For the woodcrafting,stoncrafting,metalcrafting and bonecarving labours, do you have to draw a seperate sprite for each or do you draw a generic craftsman sprite, because based on playing the game it seems that i need to draw a generic one.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 25, 2014, 06:46:19 pm »

Hey guys i'm drawing sprites for a mod and i have one question. For the woodcrafting,stoncrafting,metalcrafting and bonecarving labours, do you have to draw a seperate sprite for each or do you draw a generic craftsman sprite, because based on playing the game it seems that i need to draw a generic one.

Here's a list of unit type tokens, which are used for graphic sets.

Multiple unit types can use the same sprite, if you want them to.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 25, 2014, 07:37:10 pm »

I created a creature that is a giant humanoid that lives in hell. It is supposed to be as big as the cyclops. I want to know if I made any mistakes in the code.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 25, 2014, 08:51:08 pm »

Seems fine, Redzephyr. Size is the same as cyclops. Have you tried loading it in the arena and checking the errorlog for any obvious errors? That's the most surefire way of checking if you made any obvious gamebrekaing mistakes.

Question, does my inorganic metals look ok? Trying to make a "divine" metal that's better than candy, but can only be harvested from smelting custom demons/megabeasts made from the metal or harvesting and refining raw ore mined from hell itself. For the sake of refining I went with making multiple types of boulders with different densities and custom reactions in the smelter to "refine" it from one stage to the next.

Spoiler: reactions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: titanite metal raws (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »

You're missing a [ in front of the DEEP_SPECIAL tag.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 25, 2014, 09:04:46 pm »

You're missing a [ in front of the DEEP_SPECIAL tag.
Yeah. That's intentional for most, since they aren't meant to show up in hell except for the raw ore. Figured I'd keep the tags in case I wanted to change it but remove the starting bracket so it isn't run by the game.

Should probably test the metals in game, but that's a pain in the butt to make a world and do an embark for just to find "oops, it's not working, gotta bugfix and start over." Wish arena let you spawn items or build workshops.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 25, 2014, 09:07:53 pm »

Arena lets you spawn items...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 25, 2014, 09:20:20 pm »

Arena lets you spawn items...
Does it let you spawn a chunk of ore, build a workshop, and try using the reactions?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:38 pm »

Is it possible to make [POP_RATIO:0]? I intend to use the boiling stone trick to apply a transformation to make it usable in Fort Mode, but I don't want even a slight chance of these fellas coming with the other migrants.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 25, 2014, 09:28:51 pm »

No, but it is possible to make it ridiculously high for everyone you want to actually be born.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 25, 2014, 10:44:53 pm »

Am I not using the verb tag right? Testing in arena and no message is printed despite undead being raised.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 25, 2014, 10:58:59 pm »

[FREE_ACTION] is probably messing it up; you want [CDI:FREE_ACTION]

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 26, 2014, 07:58:54 am »

Can you mod more than on syndrome into a material?  Say a buff for one species but a curse for another that will respect their different conditional activations?

[FREE_ACTION] is probably messing it up; you want [CDI:FREE_ACTION]
Do CDIs take time in this version?  It seems all of the ones I mod in are free despite not expliocitly having the Free_Action Token

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 247