Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII  (Read 43389 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Gladiator Tournament VIII
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2023, 12:34:25 am »

Munke, the Gorilla Guerilla

Race: Gorilla

Skills:
Skilled Fighter - 30
Competent Dodger - 30
Competent Observer - 18
Adequate armor user - 6
Adequate Discipline - 9

Equipment:
Iron helm - 24
Iron mail shirt - 48

Background:
An expert in gorilla warfare, Munke has been entered into the tournament by a local zoo that was monkeying around with alternative revenue options. He is trained to ape out on his opponents and drive them bananas with terror.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SlitherPapi

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2023, 12:47:52 am »

Munke, the Gorilla Guerilla

Approved with 0 points remaining!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2023, 01:17:17 am »

PTW, also how many spots are left
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nibuddzhi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2023, 03:11:36 am »

Name: Horof DreadHoof

Race: Minotaur //+130 (130)

Equipment:
Bronze Great Axe //-30*2 (70)

Skill:
Skilled Dodger //-50 (20)

Spent 110
Leftover 20

Backstory: Horof proudly grew up with his brothers and dreamed of destroying many annoying adventurers with them. But Horof was afraid of pain and trained hard to avoid it, for which his brothers mocked him. He was expelled in disgrace. Only having earned great fame, he will regain the right to the name of the family.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 05:48:07 am by Nibuddzhi »

Martelleus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2023, 05:00:28 am »

Literally just joined the forum to participate in this tournament.

Squirtplank
Beaver man (240)

Equipment:
Iron Scimitar (40)
Leather armour (12)
Iron gauntlets (16)
Leather leggings (7)
Iron high boots (20)
Iron Helm (24)

Skills:
Skilled swordsbeaver (50)
Skilled armour user (20)
Competent dodger (30)
Adequate fighter (9)
Adequate discipline (9)
Novice Swimmer (2)

Should come out to 239 points.

Lore: As a young beaver, Squirtplank desired one thing above all: to be a pirate and sail the seven seas in search of treasure. However, as boats have not yet been invented by the benevolent overlords of this universe, his dreams were shall we say shipwrecked. Currently marooned ashore and umemployed, he has decided to enter this tournament to pay the bills.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 06:12:11 am by Martelleus »

Turbo_Udon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2023, 07:27:02 am »

I was afraid that my account won't be accepted in time  :o

Name: Gromp Gromp

Race: Roach Man (+260)

Equipment:
Iron Whip (-56)

Skills:
Adept Lasher (-168)
Skilled discipline (-30)

SPENT: 254
LEFT: 6

Backstory:
Gromp Gromp came from lands of untamed rainforests. His kin once lived burrowed in the ground, scared of wild animals. But in recent years they mastered the art of lashing. No beast stands a chance against the cockroach man's whip. Even the most feared monsters like vampire mandrills or giant blue eyed tigers.
Gromp Gromp came to the tournament to show every men the glory of his tribe, even if the stake is his life.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 05:00:43 pm by Turbo_Udon »

69420AnarchyWillWin42069

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2023, 08:14:49 am »

Name: Urist McGladiator IV

Race: Dwarf (220)

Equipment:

Featherwood Shield (45)
Iron Warhammer (52)

Skills:

Competent Fighter (18)
Competent Hammerdwarf (30)
Competent Dodger (30)
Competent Shield User (24)
Novice Discipline (3)

Leftovers: 18 points

Initial Promo:The latest and greatest in a long line of incredible gladiators, I'm gonna rock this tournament harder than any have before! Luck (And the referees) have conspired against me in the past but I'm not gonna let that stop me! NOTHING can stop me! My name is Urist McGladiator, and I'm not gonna stop until I hit the top!

SlitherPapi

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Committee
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2023, 02:25:01 pm »

Name: Horof DreadHoof

The great axe is 60, not 70 points as you listed, but otherwise your math checks out. Approved with 20 points remaining!

Literally just joined the forum to participate in this tournament.
Squirtplank

Approved with 1 point remaining!

I was afraid that my account won't be accepted in time  :o
Name: Gromp Gromp

Approved with 6 points remaining!

Name: Urist McGladiator IV

Hell yeah brother, approved with 18 points remaining!

Cutoff for applications has now passed, so looks like you're the final participants in the tourney! best of luck to you all. :>

Merfolk bait

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2023, 05:37:45 pm »

Cutoff for applications has now passed, so looks like you're the final participants in the tourney! best of luck to you all. :>
Dang, missed due to internet. PTW.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2023, 05:51:26 pm »

Offiziell Munke art

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2023, 09:49:21 pm »

Name: Sponge Bop Bonk

Race: Sponge

Skills: Talented Striker (105)

Background:
From parts unknown.

Edit: Can this be considered an addendum of my first application, which was declined?

Edit Edit: If I'm too late, thats fine.

Edit Edit Edit: "Yeah, well, I'm gonna go start my own tournament! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the tournament! ... Ah screw the whole thing."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 05:15:04 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Badfuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2023, 12:46:45 am »

Did I come up with this concept in a fey mood or was it only a dream?? Glad you're all having fun, I got in over my head for sure...

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2023, 05:47:50 am »

Light Battle Royale
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/eN1HfGHK

Welcome one and all to the Light Division Battle royale! The six contestants before you have come to the arena for different reasons, but each was chosen by the luck of the draw to compete for the honor of a spot in the tournament. Let's hope this collection of warriors are ready, as position 63 won't be an easy prize to claim. Now without further ado, sit back, relax, and enjoy the bloodbath!

The brawl commences with a few notable moves. Carlston Crabington Crabsworthy IV is the first to land a damaging hit in the melee, smacking Oogway in the head! Damage is slight however, as Oogway's helm softens the blow to a minor bruise. Wasting no time, El Escarabajo Carmesi demonstrates his legendary Crimson Technique by effortlessly tackling Clunk The Hunk to the ground! This could get nasty if Clunk doesn't quickly find his footing! Clunk is quick to respond however, ruining the crimson luchador’s foot with his trusty scimitar!

Carlston Crabington Crabsworthy IV has more luck against Bloody Sucky Stabby, who he knocks to the ground with a punishing hammer strike to the leg! He cries out in fear at the carnage inflicted on him. Marmota Monax meanwhile is unable to land many hits, as he is forced on the defensive; parrying some strikes while others are absorbed by his armor.
The furious melee continues, with fighters getting bloodied and losing limbs. Before long, the first victim is claimed.

62: Clunk The Hunk is decapitated by  Marmota Monax’s black bronze pick, sending the gremlin's head sailing! Seems that the groundhog man took advantage of El Escarabajo Carmesi immobilizing his prey with a well executed wrestle takedown.

125: Carlston Crabington Crabsworthy IV is decapitated by Marmota Monax after being knocked prone by the groundhog man! The poor crab man was ganged up on by several fighters it seems.

149: Oogway is knocked unconscious by a vicious strike to the leg, courtesy of Marmota Monax! However, before he can finish the desert tortoise man off, El Escarabajo Carmesi uses the distraction, and pounces on the bloodthirsty groundhog man!   

170: El Escarabajo Carmesi, the legendary luchador, is stabbed in the head by Bloody Sucky Stabby. The crimson luchador lives up to his name, as he collapses dead in a pool of his own blood!

Three fighters remain, yet the slogfest turns into an awkward 2 man duel, as Oogway still lies unconscious in the bloody dirt of the arena. The injured Bloody Sucky Stabby has proven himself a killer already, but Marmota Monax is shaping up to be a ruthless opponent, and has yet to take a serious injury. With everything on the line, the two fighters charge at one another, holding nothing back.

215: Bloody Sucky Stabby finally bleeds to death at Marmota Monax's hands; losing several limbs to his pick's onslaught! 

251: Oogway bleeds to death, after Marmota Monax shatters his upper body with one of many savage pick strikes. The poor tortoise man has had a rough fight, spending the last chunk of it puking in agony on the floor. At least he had the mercy of falling unconscious long before his gruesome death. His soul can also take solace in the fact he was the only one to injure Marmota Monax, bruising his arm and leg, before sweet unconsciousness claimed him.

With this final kill, Marmota Monax raises his gore spattered black bronze pick, and roars in triumph. His bloody rampage, quick reflexes, and murderous cunning, have earned him the coveted 63rd spot in this year's gladiator tournament! Congratulations, and rest up. You’ll need your strength for round 1 of the tournament!

Kill Count.

1 kill: Bloody Sucky Stabby.

5 kills: Marmota Monax.

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2023, 05:49:17 am »

Heavy Battle Royale
Gamelog: https://pastebin.com/vQ0U92gT

Alright ladies and gentleman, you know the drill by now. These 7 fighters are here to claim the 64th spot in our gladiator tournament by right of bloody conquest! These are some of the biggest, beefiest fighters of all the land, and they're getting ready to spill their guts for your amusement! Which one will prevail? Let's find out!

Unlike the Light Division, the fighters of the Heavy Division waste no time, and dive headfirst into the carnage. No mucking about, no sizing each other up, just straight to killing! 

4: Joanna D'Grandsknecht is brutally decapitated by Cat-GPT The Tiger Terminator! The crowd is in an uproar seeing the monitor lizard toppled so swiftly by her cold hearted android foe!

This sudden death seems to have been a stroke of luck, as the fighters are having a much harder time killing one another now. Certainly, it's not for a lack of trying, as Cackling Jack spills Malchus's guts with a flick of his iron two handed sword! Knocked to the ground in agony, Malchus repays the injury by stabbing Cackling Jack in the left leg with his halberd, knocking him prone as well.

Being knocked prone is usually considered a death sentence, but the bloody duo of Malchus and Cackling Jack seem determined to buck that trend, injuring Doft and Borgol Bargestone who try in vain to take advantage of the injured fighters' weakness. Speaking of weakness, it seems that Priest Ndrog is attempting to flee for his life, screaming in panic at Cat-GPT The Tiger Terminator's onslaught. As the tiger android presses his assault, all the priest can do is dodge his blows, but sooner or later someone is bound to slip up...

Fear is natural under these circumstances, but one must learn to control it. Like Malchus, who declares how shaken he is, before savagely slicing off his mortal foe, Cackling Jack’s right paw! This duel to the death takes another nasty turn, as Cackling Jack stabs the prone lion man in the chest, tearing apart Malchus's spine! Unable to move much now, Malchus loses his Iron Halberd, but lashes out in defiance as he bleeds all over the arena. 

129: Doft dies after having his head cloven asunder by Cackling Jack's iron two handed sword! A spectacular comeback by the wounded hyena man.

150: Defenceless Malchus is stabbed in the lower body, and bleeds to death at the hands of Borgol Bargestone's iron spear. The diminutive dwarf isn’t letting the size of his foes get the better of him it seems!

196: Cackling Jack's right leg is fractured by Priest Ndrog's iron halberd in the bloody melee. With this final injury, the hyena man falls into the sweet embrace of death. It appears as though the cowering priest has finally decided to join the fight!

220: Borgol Bargestone the dwarf is decapitated by Priest Ndrog's iron halberd, after having jinxed himself by declaring that he'd improved at fighting. It's unwise to tempt fate like this, folks!

After this drawn-out bloodbath, two fighters remain standing. Cat-GPT The Tiger Terminator analyzes his foe, having already shown himself to be a cold hearted murder machine. Yet despite a rocky start, Priest Ndrog circles him with growing confidence. His cunning has allowed him to claim two lives so far, but will it be enough to carry him to victory? It certainly seems to be the case, as after trading a few unsuccessful attacks, he knocks the android prone, and lays into him mercilessly. As if to seal his fate in the same manner as Borgol Bargestone, Cat-GPT The Tiger Terminator boldly declares that he has improved his fighting, before being knocked unconscious by the furious blood cultist.

264: By the gods, Priest Ndrog lands a gelding strike on the unconscious Cat-GPT! What kind of foul blood cultist ritual is this? You don't need to toy with him, Ndrog! give him the mercy of death already!   

296: Cat-GPT The Tiger Terminator is finally skewered by Priest Ndrog's iron halberd. He bleeds to death, to the shocked silence of the crowd.

As he stands surrounded by the corpses of his hardy foes, the demented priest grins and mutters "Death... I feel very happy." reveling in his brutal conquest. The crowds cheer and jeer at his outrageous performance. He may have started this round with a meek performance, but he has more than earned the final 64th spot in this year's tournament. After his brutal treatment of the dominating Cat-GPT, I'd be worried for Priest Ndrog's opponent in round 1…

Kill Count.

1 kill: Cat-GPT The Tiger Terminator
1 kill: Cackling Jack
1 kill: Borgol Bargestone
3 kills: Priest Ndrog

Battle Royales written by SlitherPapi

Mkhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2023, 05:57:31 am »

Bracket viewable here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10q3Qojz8f8PS7QeOnmhJ5Xi5ph5lDB_ASTOtj8jnCeY/edit?usp=sharing

Betting for Round 1 is now Open! It will close on Friday, 7/14, at 2000 GMT.

Rules:
  • Betting is open both to the managers and the spectators of the tournament.
  • Every bettor starts out with 100 gold to be spent on the betting. You can't at any given moment put any more gold into a bet than you already have.
  • Every bettor can only put money on one gladiator per round.
  • Bets made after the official deadline for each round are not counted.
  • The system works in a way that allows those who bet on the underdogs (those who have less bet on them) to receive more gold than those who bet on the favorites, so go wild with your predictions!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33