Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 325344 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2100 on: September 26, 2012, 11:50:38 am »

Active sattelites would probably be devestating too, not only because they crash, but mostly because they are sattelites being used for something.
All people that research the universe and stuff would go in a huge nerd rage.
And lots of people would get lost due to the lack of GPS.

...And we're practically back to the satellite hijacking thing again.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 26, 2012, 11:52:51 am »

Hell, if we're going to hijack sattelites, we should try subtle modifications. Derailing global shipping and airtraffic shouldn't be so hard. I doubt anyone there can navigate on the stars, and they'll be lost on open sea before they notice anything.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 26, 2012, 12:09:03 pm »

Hehe, that would indeed be nice.
But wont they notice that their coordinates suddenly shifted by 50 degrees?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 26, 2012, 12:23:07 pm »

They'd also notice if a satellite fell into their backyard.

Selected targeting would be required.
We don't want to crash the Internet.
We could get rid of satellite TV though...
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: September 26, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »

I did say subtle.  There's a small problem though. I forgot about the invention of the compass.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 26, 2012, 12:29:52 pm »

I did say subtle.  There's a small problem though. I forgot about the invention of the compass.
Perhaps, We could send a rain of artificial meteors to redirect them for us.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: September 26, 2012, 12:30:13 pm »

How many average people can use a compass properly?
Our reliance on tech may be our downfall.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 26, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

Compas is kinda easy.
If we could selectively make them drop, we could have them crash in nuclear plants and other high-importance targets. Pentagon, anyone?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: September 26, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »

I was chatting with the person I met a few pages back, and while we were talking about a moonbase for reasons that don't matter right now, she mentioned weaponizing the moon. I think this was while we were talking about exporting power to Earth.
She'd fit right in.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: September 26, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »

Are there any plans for tackling the outer solar system?

I suggest using Io as a prison moon to dump any undesirables on.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 26, 2012, 03:39:41 pm »

WEAPONIZING THE MOON, WEAPONIZING THE MOON...

BINGO! We threaten to demolish moon or crash it into earth.
Just demolishing / stealing it would muck up the tides, etc.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: September 26, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »

It would also cost us the best point to stage an attack on the groundhogs from, and probably wipe out all macroscopic life on Earth. She was thinking more like firing lasers at Terran targets.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 26, 2012, 05:05:29 pm »

On satellite hijacking - why not manipulate the GPS sattelites into giving information that is slightly... off? That's not a major modification, but quite a few sailors will notice that the Panama canal seems awfully cold that time of year.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:42:39 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: September 26, 2012, 05:42:38 pm »

On sattelite hijacking - why not manipulate the GPS sattelites into giving information that is slightly... off? That's not a major modification, but quite a few sailors will notice that the Panama canal seems awfully cold that time of year.
Apparantly, if a GPS satellite is a cm (or something) off, that equates to about 2m on the ground (I think).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 26, 2012, 05:45:56 pm »

On sattelite hijacking - why not manipulate the GPS sattelites into giving information that is slightly... off? That's not a major modification, but quite a few sailors will notice that the Panama canal seems awfully cold that time of year.
Apparantly, if a GPS satellite is a cm (or something) off, that equates to about 2m on the ground (I think).
Geez. Well, just push them a few mm/hour or so off-course and if they don't go hurtling into the ground or off into space, it'll screw things up.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 192