Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 924525 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7845 on: March 31, 2018, 01:29:29 pm »

Have you played Stronghold?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: March 31, 2018, 01:34:30 pm »

Have you played Stronghold?

Yea. Not really castle-building, although that would be cool, I meant more like ww1/ww2 era of semi-permanent fortifications.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

SangerZonvolt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: March 31, 2018, 01:54:05 pm »

I would love a strategy game where you actually design your troops by handing them different equipment and then designing training curses to teach them how to react and those define how and how good they actually fare in the field. Kind like the old AI simulator Nero 2.0 where you trained an evolving neurological network to control some robots in a fighting area. Still remember how I wanted to teach my robots how to use cover but actually trained them to face the nearest wall when being fired at.

Another game concept I would like to see is one where you control a dungeon, but not like in dungeaon keep, where units are under your direct command, but more like in "What did I do to deserve this my lord?" where you had to manage an ecosystem to get the stronger creatures. But in 3D with freely evolving mosters and trap designs.

And lastly an RPG where you fight by telling your guys exactly what to do (down to the limb) and damage is actually phsical force that is applied to the bodies. How it owuld work is that time stops when it´s your turn, then you tell your guy where to go and what to do and the time flows again. If something unforseen (liek something accelerating towards you) happens or some time passes you can give a new order (depends on the reflexes of your guy). Mix this with a really wide array of special attacks or powers (maybe even modular one to create for yourself).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: March 31, 2018, 02:04:48 pm »

For the last one Ex Anima is out and quite fun and Sui Generis still being worked on I THINK.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: March 31, 2018, 02:23:28 pm »

Oh, thanks, i forgot how this funny "drunk battle" eternal alpha was named.  :D

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: March 31, 2018, 05:39:02 pm »

Oh, thanks, i forgot how this funny "drunk battle" eternal alpha was named.  :D

Welcome! I love the combat so much although... why oh why did they have to make it isometric? Damn this system would be better than Mount & Blade if they made it 3rd person over the shoulder!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: April 14, 2018, 08:20:49 am »

Some kind of mixed city building/survival/4x game where you would take a tribe of hunter gatherers, forming the first cities and civilizations until the Late Bronze Age Collapse.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: April 14, 2018, 08:34:39 am »

Some kind of mixed city building/survival/4x game where you would take a tribe of hunter gatherers, forming the first cities and civilizations until the Late Bronze Age Collapse.
Ymir?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: April 14, 2018, 09:54:16 am »

Ymir?

Close enough, but I would prefer it wasn't fantasy. I will take a look into it.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: April 16, 2018, 04:13:26 pm »

A game where they only way to win is to de-escalate violence.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7855 on: April 16, 2018, 05:00:05 pm »

Have you played Cultures? It doesn't have age-spanning scope but it has elements of what you're looking for.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: April 16, 2018, 05:08:57 pm »

Also isn't Ancient Cities doing that?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: April 16, 2018, 05:55:39 pm »

Invisible Inc. sometimes gets a little that way. Reducing the number of unconscious bodies you are sitting on can be a priority...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: April 16, 2018, 06:59:43 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions.

Have you played Cultures? It doesn't have age-spanning scope but it has elements of what you're looking for.

I didn't know this game, will look into it, though I guess it may be quite dated by now. Lets see how well it aged.

Also isn't Ancient Cities doing that?

Sounds like what I'm looking for.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7859 on: April 17, 2018, 01:44:58 am »

I made a suggestion like this on this very thread way back, for some kind of RTS-like where your job is to stop a fight between NPC factions with as few deaths as possible rather than winning it for one of them. Unfortunately I have zero time to code non-work things, but it's a fun idea.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 577