Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678179 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2015, 11:08:22 am »

Another artistic decision that deeply affected the visuals of the ship designs was the choice of having visible turrets on the ship. Since we want them to be visible to the player if they are zoomed out a bit, they also have to be a fairly large, and mainly placed on the top of the ship. The turrets aim towards their target and gives a satisfying broadside at times.
Honestly though, this, I think, will end up being a proud addition to my 4X library.
Yarr. And early space ships should use solar sails.
Now we just need stealth ships that rise out of deep space to shoot torpedoes at you, and I'll be satisfied.
(You can take ships out of the sea, but you can't take the sea out to space. Alright, I'm done, honest.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 04, 2015, 09:31:38 am »

manly placed on the top of the ship

ftfy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 04, 2015, 11:09:47 am »

Is that a ship wielding a katana? A kilometer long katana? A kilomatana?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 04, 2015, 11:22:33 am »

The commander of that ship must have a really microscopic penis to feel the need to compensate so.

Agh, all this Stellaris talk has made me hungry for 4X. Been playing Distant Worlds, but somehow I'm a bit bored of it. Makes me considering installing Sword of the Stars II, a shame it was never finished. I mean, it is playable as a space war simulator, but the lack of functioning diplomacy and so forth makes it somewhat annoying.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2015, 04:41:31 pm »

So excited for this - every time I hear more it seems to be getting better.

Conversely, did anyone see the TERRIBLE trailer for MOO3!? looks seriously awful, and whatever they were trying with the robots missed the mark by quite a stretch.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2015, 04:47:49 pm »

The World of Tanks and World of Battleships currently has the MOO franchise and is currently working on a game.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2015, 05:12:47 pm »

I'll just write that off right now then...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 05, 2015, 10:22:12 am »

I'll just write that off right now then...
That's essentially my own reaction.  But, if you buy the collector's edition, you can get a special rare species: Terrans. 
Yeah, I know Humans are in the base game.  Still, that was a bit of a rude shock to me when I checked in on their website and saw that.  :P

At any rate, back to the main topic: ooh, pretty.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #324 on: October 09, 2015, 02:02:24 pm »

ptw

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 09, 2015, 02:12:59 pm »

Hmm, that indicates they plan on different races having different locomotion mechanics, something I thought was brilliant about SotS.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2015, 02:26:49 pm »

Hmm, that indicates they plan on different races having different locomotion mechanics, something I thought was brilliant about SotS.
They already stated there will be three forms of travel that you can pick at the start (and gets randomized for the AI): "lanes" like SotS Humans, No FTL but can build teleporters like SotS Hivers and Warhammer 40k style Warp travel (including dangers like the "natives" deciding to attack you and such), IIRC.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2015, 01:54:26 pm »

They already stated there will be three forms of travel that you can pick at the start (and gets randomized for the AI): "lanes" like SotS Humans, No FTL but can build teleporters like SotS Hivers and Warhammer 40k style Warp travel (including dangers like the "natives" deciding to attack you and such), IIRC.

There has to be a 40k mod for this game.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2015, 02:12:22 pm »

There surely will be one.
It will be fucking amazing proably.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2015, 03:10:58 pm »

There surely will be one.
It will be fucking amazing proably.

... H-heresy?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 632