Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678193 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2016, 04:42:18 pm »

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=234.0]C#[/url]? ^_^
OH MY GAWWWD!!!!! It's finally happened!!!!!! I thought the day would never, ever come.

Aurora is one of my absolute all time favorite things which I also really hate. I just can't deal with playing a game I know will collapse after a certain amount of time, no matter what I do. Even with the most careful play, it just ends up folding after a few hundred years unless you sort of basically cheat. It's also infuriatingly clunky - even when you've gotten to grips with it.

I literally could not be more excited.
Awesome!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 29, 2016, 04:51:38 pm »

So what race/ideology are y'all gonna play the first time through?

My $X standby is Usually a Human science-based, peaceful sort, but seeing the Blorg playthrough really have me itching for a fungus start. Emphasis on the FUN.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 29, 2016, 05:22:06 pm »

British Empire in spess! Horribly elitist and xenophobic industrialists are the name of the game!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 29, 2016, 05:30:11 pm »

My first run will either be peaceful Human fiercely egalitarian science focused or incredibly oppressive xenophobic dictatorship wherein humans are the prime species and everyone else is a slave race. Can't see myself playing as non-humans anytime soon tbh.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:59 pm »

My first playthrough will be an agonizing 15min decision on starting decisions, followed by a few hours of play at best before I find myself facing the consequences of a fundamentally stupid decision, rage-quit, then start over feeling smarter. Rinse and repeat.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: March 29, 2016, 05:56:39 pm »

I'm going to play as "what if ants space?". Probably Fanatic collectivist and Materialist in a Despotic hegemony or Despotic empire (can't decide between them, I'd love the research of a hegemony, but it comes to mind that a empire might actually be able to get more research if it can free up squares that it would normally have to put farms on for research labs, if such things are in the game, which I've not actually seen them yet so maybe not). Although I've also given thought to Fanatic Materialist individualist to represent a collection of queens guiding society (each pop basically being a queen and her offspring) in a Plutocratic oligarchy.

I'm thinking I'll take ether enduring and intelligent to represent the super royal ants that lead the society, or venerable for the same effect. Negatives with decadent being possible if I go for the collective choice, Slow breeders to represent that although they breed drones quickly, actually breeding queens to increase population is a slow process, and sedentary because ants don't like leaving the hive yo! Also possibly Solitary in the individualist choice, to represent that queens don't naturally work together, and this new unified space empire thing is something that's a bit uncomfortable.

RadtheCad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: March 29, 2016, 06:17:20 pm »

If I get it, I'll do robots.  The people will be robots.  The spaceships will be robots.  The planets will be robots.  Planets and asteroids will be dismantled to make more robots.  The stars will be matrioshka robots.  Everything will be robots.  Local space will reach maximum computational robot density until the sheer density amount of computation robotics going on creates a denial-of-service attack on the laws of physics, peeling them away along with the vapid outer layers of reality, revealing the fundamental computational structures underlying existence.

And then we'll take THEM apart, and turn THEM into robots, too.
You have to kill your son or nuke the commonwealth.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 29, 2016, 06:23:01 pm »

I don't think you can start as robots. You could trigger the robot rebellion though with too much AI research.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: March 29, 2016, 06:38:55 pm »

I'll probably play humans acting as a mix of stereotypical and historical castilian conquistadores. Which is to say, fanatic individualists (it was standard procedure to aggrandize your own feats and paint yourself as an agent of Providence while basically erasing your allies from history (example: the expedition of Cortés (and many after) included free africans and native allies.)), and regular militaristic.

Be our friends, and all will be well as long as you are okay with getting no credit when we do stuff together. Get in the way and... gib clay.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:21 pm »

Fanatic Xenophobe + Militarist humans probably. Space imperialism, ho!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: March 29, 2016, 08:33:16 pm »

Oh man, I just saw the Blog empire let's play.

Now that's how you preview a game. I'd like to think Paradox saw the other Youtuber's garbage preview and went "no one is going to understand anything from that... we better do our own."

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

Individualistic, materialistic indirect democracy humans. I think there's room for three non-fanatic traits, but I can't remember the third one I had picked while watching the Blorg stream. So nothing extreme: an economically-oriented neutral human nation christened the Solar League in honour of my Aurora empire and faintly inspired by one of the factions in the Honorverse.

First thing I'll do is try to figure out how to mod in new empire logos if there's no suitable one derived from a four-point star.

I'm constantly redoing the logo. Right now it's something like this, but I'm unconvinced:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:22:30 pm by Greenbane »

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 29, 2016, 11:35:33 pm »

I'm constantly redoing the logo. Right now it's something like this, but I'm unconvinced:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reminds me a bit of the European Union's thingy. Impressive art skills, bro.

As for me, I'll probably go with either a human Military Republic (not sure which ethos yet) or something a bit different ruled by the penguin-looking people. Divine Mandate of Antarctica anyone?
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1183 on: March 30, 2016, 12:41:26 am »

I'll be playing some sort of xenophile military dictatorship. They love aliens so much that they want to make them all part of their nation. By force.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 30, 2016, 12:46:47 am »

I'll probably do some sort of take on illithids/starspawn (Spiritual for psionics tech, Fanatic Xenophobes).  Or hypnotoads (similar picks, though might go regular Xenophobe with something else for the 3rd).  Enslave all of the aliens.  Or space penguins (Fanatic Materialists, unsure on the last pick).  Or maybe the Holy Raptor Empire (Fanatic Spiritualist Militarists), if any of them look sufficiently raptor-like.

I dunno.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 632