Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677282 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1365 on: April 14, 2016, 02:44:38 pm »

Well, fuck. I accidentally went and bought it. My first pre-order since Master of Orion III if you don't count early access purchases. My weak ass logic is that the more preorders Paradox gets emm the more resources they allocate for support right after launch? Ehhh.... not a very good excuse. Umm, the devil made me do it?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 14, 2016, 02:53:20 pm »

Well, fuck. I accidentally went and bought it. My first pre-order since Master of Orion III if you don't count early access purchases. My weak ass logic is that the more preorders Paradox gets emm the more resources they allocate for support right after launch? Ehhh.... not a very good excuse. Umm, the devil made me do it?

I may also "accidently" pre-order the game. Tomorrow when I get home from work. :v

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 14, 2016, 03:59:48 pm »

to actual space on a weather baloon.

Well, not really.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 14, 2016, 04:19:58 pm »

to actual space on a weather baloon.

Well, not really.
Upper atmosphere is space if you wish hard enough.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 14, 2016, 04:43:19 pm »

Look, you just have to use creative thinking, some cognitive dissonance, and maybe a little insane troll logic: If you don't know it's a weather balloon, it's an Unidentified Flying Object, and everyone knows UFOs can go to outer space.

This just in: Paradox has UFOs! :o
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 14, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »

Preordered the Nova Edition at Nuuvem. Seemed fairly cheap for a new high-profile game (91 BRL = 26 USD). Could've settled with the standard version, but there wasn't a significant price difference.

The jump was more marked for the Galaxy Edition, which ultimately contained too much stuff I didn't care about.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 14, 2016, 05:09:06 pm »

Look, you just have to use creative thinking, some cognitive dissonance, and maybe a little insane troll logic: If you don't know it's a weather balloon, it's an Unidentified Flying Object, and everyone knows UFOs can go to outer space.

This just in: Paradox has UFOs! :o

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:57 pm »

Preordered the Nova Edition at Nuuvem. Seemed fairly cheap for a new high-profile game (91 BRL = 26 USD). Could've settled with the standard version, but there wasn't a significant price difference.

The jump was more marked for the Galaxy Edition, which ultimately contained too much stuff I didn't care about.
What about this though?

Available Regions

This game cannot be activated outside Latin America.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 14, 2016, 06:17:26 pm »

What about this though?

Available Regions

I live in Argentina. :D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 14, 2016, 06:24:27 pm »

What about this though?

Available Regions

I live in Argentina. :D
I am guessing steam doesn't support argentine pesos?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 14, 2016, 06:29:55 pm »

So...wow. My mom is going in to have her cancer removed on the day this releases... so I'll be stuck having to get LOTS of bloody sleep to do the papers on my own instead of playing Stellaris :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 14, 2016, 06:36:37 pm »

There's no Argentina region for Steam, nor are we included in the Brazil region.

We get full American USD pricing, so it's usually better and possible to find third-party sites with better discounts. Nuuvem, following the Brazil regional pricing, is usually at least 50% cheaper. The downside is that the available selection is limited, and a few AAA games are specifically locked to Brazil. My backup is Green Man Gaming, which follows American pricing (for me at least), has a greater selection of games, and usually 20-25% discount coupons.

I do buy things on Steam directly sometimes, but it's usually minor titles during major sales.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 14, 2016, 07:04:02 pm »

There's no Argentina region for Steam, nor are we included in the Brazil region.

We get full American USD pricing, so it's usually better and possible to find third-party sites with better discounts. Nuuvem, following the Brazil regional pricing, is usually at least 50% cheaper. The downside is that the available selection is limited, and a few AAA games are specifically locked to Brazil. My backup is Green Man Gaming, which follows American pricing (for me at least), has a greater selection of games, and usually 20-25% discount coupons.

I do buy things on Steam directly sometimes, but it's usually minor titles during major sales.
I don't think anyone these days would fault you for not buying from Steam.

I'm a bit jealous you can get Stellaris so cheap. It's the first time I've seen that message on Nuuvem too. I got so excited after I saw that you bought it on there too.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 14, 2016, 08:07:09 pm »

I'm a bit jealous you can get Stellaris so cheap. It's the first time I've seen that message on Nuuvem too. I got so excited after I saw that you bought it on there too.

There used to be less region-locking on Nuuvem, before late 2015, but I suppose someone (presumably publishers) saw too much out-of-region activity and decided to apply harsher measures. I mean, it's not something the storefront decides, but rather something embedded in the keys they acquire from the various publishers. XCOM 2 was locked to South America when I preordered in September, but later I saw that change to Brazil-only. I asked customer support about it, and they told me I'd have no issues with my key as it was purchased before the lock was enacted (before they purchased that later batch of keys, I guess). And indeed, my copy of XCOM 2 activated just fine.

Anyway, Green Man Gaming has a universal 20% off code active right now, so you can get the standard version of Stellaris for as low as $31.99 USD right now. I'm guessing the code applies to Nova and Galaxy Editions, too. That's something, at least. You could also wait and see if more uncommon discounts pop up: 23% and 25% off codes do appear periodically.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24:50 am »

It costs 699 rubles for me. Or roughly $10.5. :P

I wouldn't think of not buying something from Steam as long as it keeps up this sort of regional pricing here. :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 632