Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678186 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1920 on: May 11, 2016, 09:58:10 am »

So how do I not get owned? Outnumbered, outgunned, I don't know how do they get 2K firepower when I have 500 at the cap.
You been upgrading your ships and getting weapons techs?

Were the other guys advanced start?
I assumed advanced start meant Fallen Empires, then I removed them since i'm a wuss that want an equal start against AIs...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 11, 2016, 11:23:12 am »

There bugs regarding the end-game threats (not spoilering) that make getting rid of them even harder than it should be. Should be fixed in the next hotfix, I suppose. Part of that is that AI empires don't fight them.
Ok, it would seem you are correct, the event finally progressed but another empire got the solution, now they are sitting on it and I'm assuming doing nothing since they haven't even taken the system where they got it from.

I just found out you can stop the purge from happening, once you do the planet will never flip to the scourge.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:05:48 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 11, 2016, 12:18:00 pm »

So it turns out that slavery and xenophobia are pretty much pointless. As expected of the Swede.

Also, turns out you should really keep a nice standing navy instead of continuously thinking "I'll build it up later". Saving on upkeep isn't worth decades of costly war while you build up a fleet on a secret backwater world that they don't know about.

Wow they've really flubbed that one. RIP PDS, you will be missed.
(Paradox then goes on to make more money in the first two days than they made in the first week of each of their other games combined)

OK yeah that's pretty lame.  Hopefully fan response makes them reconsider sooner rather than later.
Personally as a fan I'm prioritizing that after both map modes and making genetic modification usable for xenophobes. And, you know, making xenophobia worth investing in in general. Right now it seems to be only a detriment.

I really love the feel and ascetic of it all!
Yeah, Spiritualist is pretty good.

I didn't know you could build sectors up to a couple minutes ago. :-[
There's a tutorial droid for a reason.

I like wormholes myself.
I'm finding them to be frustrating to maintain during wartime.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 11, 2016, 12:44:25 pm »

Heads up there are serious bugs with sectors right now:

1. The AI will constantly and randomly move your pops around every few seconds for no reason even when the entire planet is completely full. So it will put slaves in science buildings, etc.
2. The AI can not upgrade capital buildings by itself because it doesn't have any influence. Since it can't do this it can't upgrade any other buildings either unless you manually go in and upgrade them. And that means you have to remove the planet from the sector, upgrade it, and put it back in.
3. If you put a strategic resource in a sector, you lose access to it and vice versa.
4. The AI will not follow the "respect tile bonus" button and will just do what it wants whether you select it or not.

-----------

By the way, I've noticed that fighters and bombers don't seem to do anything. They just kinda float around the carrier itself. What are your guys experience with them?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 11, 2016, 12:52:10 pm »

Actually I've seen mine upgrade the reconstructed ship to capitol building. It just takes a crapton of time for them to get around to it. Unless my memory is derping.
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: May 11, 2016, 12:56:08 pm »

Actually I've seen mine upgrade the reconstructed ship to capitol building. It just takes a crapton of time for them to get around to it. Unless my memory is derping.
If I were to guess they probably get influence at a snail's pace or something? I'm just reporting what the official forum is saying.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: May 11, 2016, 12:58:14 pm »

Two of my power plant are running on strategic resources located in sectors. Just be sure that the sectors doesn't run out of energy credits or the mining stations will go offline.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: May 11, 2016, 12:58:52 pm »

Does Steam Multiplayer with friend work now?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: May 11, 2016, 01:08:29 pm »

I'm playing an Ironman game and discovered that the AI is pretty buggy when it comes to huge empires that are mostly sectored. AI only bothered to try and conquer my core worlds, so I just waited 20 years (!!!) and used far off planets that I got from integrating observed pre-ftl species to build navy after navy which I then lost to the invaders. Eventually I could white peace because the war went on for too long. They invaded twice before I just switched from monarchy to democracy and they quit invading. Stopped playing now, because I have over 800 pops and the game is just too damn slow.

TLDR; use sectors liberally and sprawl is good!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:10:57 pm by Baijiu »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: May 11, 2016, 01:16:08 pm »

Heads up there are serious bugs with sectors right now:

I'd noticed my sectors were terrible at managing my slave pops. Didn't know about this building upgrades though.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: May 11, 2016, 01:24:16 pm »

I can assure you that sectors will upgrade buildings, that's why I have an 11 world sector pumping out over 150 of each research type, and also turning out over 200 energy credits.  I don't know about pops being relocated tho' I haven't been paying close enough attention to that element.  They will also build constructors and ground armies without any prompting, they even seem to mange their energy reserves very well.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: May 11, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »

I'm playing an Ironman game and discovered that the AI is pretty buggy when it comes to huge empires that are mostly sectored. AI only bothered to try and conquer my core worlds, so I just waited 20 years (!!!) and used far off planets that I got from integrating observed pre-ftl species to build navy after navy which I then lost to the invaders. Eventually I could white peace because the war went on for too long. They invaded twice before I just switched from monarchy to democracy and they quit invading. Stopped playing now, because I have over 800 pops and the game is just too damn slow.

TLDR; use sectors liberally and sprawl is good!
Yeah I noticed that too. I've only ever had the AI attempt to attack me once (I'm surrounded by buffer empires who are my allies). But when they actually tried, they sent their fleet soaring through all my space for in-game years before they reached my capital. I was like "wtf dude? Are you lost?".

I've also noticed that when you're in an alliance, your allies will stick to you like glue and won't do anything on their own. Even if it's their own war that you got dragged into.

----

I also just learned that you get different tech options depending on your government and ethos. I was wondering why some guys have so much better weapons than me and why I'm just getting stuff for exploration and buildings and stuff.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: May 11, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »

So... how feature rich/barren is the post-colonization phase of the game? 
I see a lot of complaints about hitting a point where you can't expand peaceably anymore in this thread... what comes after?

Also, mentions about AI sticking to their alliance/federation through thick and thin, despite things, sounds... bad.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: May 11, 2016, 02:02:31 pm »

This was my experience too. I assumed that the resource output calculations didn't find it to be worthwhile but it was failing to take into account that upgrading would result in migrants.

I don't think the reason is slow influence generation, I think it just doesn't use influence or has some other system, because in my case, at first none in the system upgraded by themselves then they all did it at once.

I see a lot of complaints about hitting a point where you can't expand peaceably anymore in this thread... what comes after?
War.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: May 11, 2016, 02:13:07 pm »

War.
Ah, so less CK-like and more 4x?  Wants me some elaboration.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 632