Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678242 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5175 on: August 03, 2017, 11:32:22 am »

Servitors sound fucking dank, now I can make all my space habitat xeno preserves even more utopian

I was pondering the other day how fun it would be to have a sort of "evil Prime Directive" game where you'd absorb other species but try to keep them like they were at the point of meeting (for their own good, of course). I haven't yet played enough to know if that's just wild fantasy or at all viable, though. I'd think probably not.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: August 03, 2017, 11:35:28 am »

Servitors sound fucking dank, now I can make all my space habitat xeno preserves even more utopian
I was pondering the other day how fun it would be to have a sort of "evil Prime Directive" game where you'd absorb other species but try to keep them like they were at the point of meeting (for their own good, of course). I haven't yet played enough to know if that's just wild fantasy or at all viable, though. I'd think probably not.
With a Servitor civ, it seems a more benevolent version of what you described. Servitors are probably the best of the three. First variety is just fanatical purifier/devouring swarm but with more flexibility, the second is Borg, the third is what we are discussing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: August 03, 2017, 12:39:57 pm »

... I know that it was either in the base game or some random mod I picked up.  But it allows you to set-up shielded sanctuary planets and put pops in them.... then change their technology level to pre-space.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5178 on: August 03, 2017, 01:06:57 pm »

... I know that it was either in the base game or some random mod I picked up.  But it allows you to set-up shielded sanctuary planets and put pops in them.... then change their technology level to pre-space.
Definitely mod. I guess it should be possible to have an event which reduces a civ's tech level or keeps in constant, what with events that automatically put civs back to lower stages. For that matter, has anyone seen civs survive nuclear war in the most up to date version? In older ones I remembered seeing certain civs actually having survivors rebuild on their (now tomb world) with iron age tech, becoming spacefarers hundreds of years later. Haven't seen that happen at all now

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: August 03, 2017, 01:34:16 pm »

Sounds like a decent DLC. Wonder how they will price it, and when it's scheduled for.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: August 03, 2017, 02:08:39 pm »

Sounds like a decent DLC. Wonder how they will price it, and when it's scheduled for.
My guess is 20 Dollars or Euros or whatever equivalent of that.
As for when.. Well.. Since they released the trailer, my estimate would be soon. And as we know, in game developer terms, soon is relative.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 04:38:44 pm by Ultimuh »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: August 03, 2017, 03:59:43 pm »

Because of the new portraits and art assets, I think it'll be higher than people expect, but 20 dollars seems high. I'm gonna guess at 15.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: August 03, 2017, 11:48:10 pm »

After we beat the prethoryan finally, the awakened empire that rallied us all (sans me and my vassals) became a member of a federation... They can do that?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5183 on: August 04, 2017, 04:04:45 am »

Once awakened they can do almost anything a normal empire can do.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: August 04, 2017, 04:07:47 am »

Was kind of sad, since the Star Axis was actually our next target, and the awakened empire took out my neighbour between use just before the Prethoryan arrived. With them in tow in the Axis, there's no way we can take them till I get my hands on some super dreadnoughts to match those titans.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: August 04, 2017, 11:34:54 pm »

As for when.. Well.. Since they released the trailer, my estimate would be soon. And as we know, in game developer terms, soon is relative.

Since Utopia is $20, I see no reason that this DLC would be any other price.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: August 04, 2017, 11:40:00 pm »

I'd say utopia added more than this will, what with the unity changes and all, finishing one of those is actually a huge change in how my game goes when I have a game that's actually getting a little challenging.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: August 05, 2017, 01:49:51 am »

Since Utopia is $20, I see no reason that this DLC would be any other price.
This is branded as a story pack, so it should be priced more like Leviathans.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5188 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In honour of the update I decided to see what's the biggest uprising I could make before this crisis was replaced

1582 <tier2 robot pops, not counting the modded synthetics

*EDIT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's beautiful

ayy lmao already made a pact with the shroud too so it should get pretty spicy soon. Also edited the files so prethoryn and spooky space ghosts may also spawn, fingers crossed it'd be a 4 way crisis battle, but really I'll settle for 2
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:14:54 pm by Loud Whispers »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: August 07, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »

Apparently FE's have grown stronger since I last played. One just steamrolled me with a 90+k fleet.

I have hypershields and Zero-point energy, and Gauss Cannons, and my battleships are still only 1.7k each. I just can't seem to get enough minerals... >_>
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 632