Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1677282 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #6345 on: April 23, 2018, 06:17:12 pm »

there is plenty changing in 2.1 generally, besides anomalies:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-111-anomaly-rework-expanded-exploration.1090092/

those changes will be released for everyone; the story pack will just have the extra events and space monsters and stuff in them

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: April 23, 2018, 06:29:54 pm »

Ah, interesting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: April 23, 2018, 06:32:58 pm »

I'm looking forward to it, if only because it will give more stuff for modders to work with.

---------

I'm playing a modded game where every single faction is some kind of human. There's 13 of them. Sadly while the game can track the same species for a race for like 2 - 3 factions for some reason it can't track it for 13 so it splits it into different species even if they're the same, but 2 - 3 will be considered the same species.

Anyway, I set it so their ethics are all about the unrest and deviation. What happens is that every faction constantly has rebellions and changes their ethos nonstop. Thus it becomes a game of CK2 in space.

I did this too, although I did it with Fermi Paradox and let myself explode organically, and I didn't have that problem. Did the game start with all those factions separate?

Anyway I almost wish it had happened in my game. Space racism would've really greased some wheels to keep the galaxy interesting. As-is they rebelled but always ended up drifting to fanatic egalitarian / pacifist, having peaceful relations with everyone forever, and finally federating. Still a good story I guess, but not the one I was expecting, and probably not as fun to play through either.
Fermi Paradox?

----

My all human game has had an interesting twist. One of the empires got eaten from the inside by a robot uprising. I'm not sure if this is in vanilla, but this uprising was of assimilators so they converted all their host humans into the Borg. After they finished eating up their host, they went and declared war on this giant-huge-ass federation created by about 60% of the other human empires.

I thought they'd be smooshed instantly because those guys are pretty frigging big, but I think because the federation was fighting against 6 rebellions on the go (goddamn I love the unrest mods) it can't actually defend against them properly. Though the member states is doing its best to stem the tide.

It's particularly great because the gand majority of the Assimilator's forces are actual cyborg humans. The robots are a tiny miniscule portion of their population. So it's just humans vs robot humans.

I'm thinking whether to actually step in and save them. On one hand it's quite fun to watch. On the other if I wait too long, all the humans will be gone. And we'll be left with humans.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: April 23, 2018, 06:37:17 pm »

Adding binary and trinary star systems is cool.  Now my modded species won't have to feel like special snowflakes because I massaged the way their starting solar system worked so it would appear to have two stars.

I think I agree with the changes to anomalies too.  I've definitely been afraid to try to research some because my scientist was too low level, only to leave it for later.  25 game years later when someone was good enough, I had to send them from across known space to get to it, only to have them fail the project.

Unrelated, but now that I got my modded species portraits working (decided to give up on the weird format Stellaris uses and just switched to TGAs), I've actually been playing the game some for real for the first time.  I can't remember the last time I was this anxious to have opportunities to play a game when at work or otherwise indisposed.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6349 on: April 23, 2018, 06:39:56 pm »

Perhaps more importantly, under the new system you should never get an anomaly repeat as it will track which anomalies your empire has experienced already.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: April 23, 2018, 06:50:44 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: April 23, 2018, 07:46:49 pm »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: April 23, 2018, 08:02:19 pm »

The biggest part of the update for me is the anomaly tracker. Such a huge quality of life change; I can't keep count of how many times I just lost track of anomalies that I had saved for later.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6353 on: April 23, 2018, 10:19:54 pm »

It'd be cool to have a civic like "Evacuee Civilization," where you start with just a colony ship plus a slightly better fleet than normal -- and your starting system is crap. In return, your technology starts much higher to compensate your slow start, and your first colony gets some bonus like "last hope," canceling out the initial costs.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: April 24, 2018, 03:56:31 am »

It'd be cool to have a civic like "Evacuee Civilization," where you start with just a colony ship plus a slightly better fleet than normal -- and your starting system is crap. In return, your technology starts much higher to compensate your slow start, and your first colony gets some bonus like "last hope," canceling out the initial costs.

Suggest it on the game forums

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: April 24, 2018, 10:32:31 am »

It would be cool, but I don't think it's actually possible for them to do from a technical perspective. Considering that even their Mongols have home worlds, I'm pretty sure that the game requires a nation to always have a planet for technical reasons.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: April 24, 2018, 10:49:42 am »

It would be cool, but I don't think it's actually possible for them to do from a technical perspective. Considering that even their Mongols have home worlds, I'm pretty sure that the game requires a nation to always have a planet for technical reasons.
Not quite. The space nomads are very much an exception, as are the crisis empires.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6357 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:31 am »

You can even use console commands to take over space monsters with no homeworlds.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: April 24, 2018, 02:53:13 pm »

One of my traits mods has starts where you start without a planet. It can totally be done.

You can start on a habitat, start as a colony ship, start as a lost Fallen Empire colony, start as a colony with a working Dyson Sphere and disabled gateway but no hyperlanes out of the system, etc. etc. etc.

Hell, there's even tech I can research that will obliterate all my planets and give me a single colony ship. I'm not sure when I'll ever press that button but it is tempting.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: April 24, 2018, 03:57:48 pm »

One of my traits mods has starts where you start without a planet. It can totally be done.

You can start on a habitat, start as a colony ship, start as a lost Fallen Empire colony, start as a colony with a working Dyson Sphere and disabled gateway but no hyperlanes out of the system, etc. etc. etc.

Hell, there's even tech I can research that will obliterate all my planets and give me a single colony ship. I'm not sure when I'll ever press that button but it is tempting.

Fun one to mess with: combine the start as a habitat in space with the start that gives you a dyson sphere.  You can get mineral production up really high by spamming the size 6 habitats around your starting system with the pool the dyson start gives you, then when you exit the system, you can spam those habitats along with gateways like crazy.  Will admitedly have very limited expansion space left, admitedly, but your economy can easily be strong enough to act like a mini-crisis out of nowhere.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 632