Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Daggerbleeding  (Read 9644 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Genesis Succesion Game
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 04:06:59 pm »

Because no one has volunteered i may take the next turn if no one volunteers in the next couple hours

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »

I suppose I could take a turn.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »

Dear god, I don't think I'll last a year. But on the off chance I do, I will post my logs.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 06:46:09 pm »

Post if you dont make it.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Daggerbleeding
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 07:21:00 pm »

Also if there is a way to rename a for while it is running, when i was setting up i pressed random name i got Daggerbleeding which is in my opinion the best name ever, then it crashed after rebooting it and getting the same location i forgot to put in the name  :-[.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »

1st Granite 93

All I ever wanted was to own my own tavern. But first I had to get some experience brewing. So I joined an expedition to a new fortress. Easy way to get a bit of on the job training my ass. All I’ve been able to do is cower in fear of the undead monstrosities outside and the blood mind flayers. Oh god the mind flayers. I have heard the expression “mind rape”, but that was the first time I have ever seen it happen. The images haunt my dreams. I don’t even sleep anymore. And to top it off, our fearless leader has decided to retire and give me the reigns. I hate my life.

I suppose I should take stock of the situation. On the plus side, our stocks are good and everyone has a bed. On the down side, we are currently being sieged by scavengers, attacked by undead monsters, and being hosts to a very pissed off giant crab in the tunnels. Just bloody great.

I suppose my first order of business should be to deal with the poor bastards outside. Since there is no way I can go out and save them, I will draft them to the military and hope they survive a fight.

7th Granite 93

And so they died a brave and noble death.
Filled with screams and pleas of mercy as they were beaten over the head by their own legs. Maybe one day we can go collect their corpses. The silver lining is that now they won’t starve to death and the pushed the creatures farther away from the fortress, thus slowing our inevitable death.

8th Granite 93

The people are in a state of unrest, and the creatures draw closer. In desperation I have started construction of a magma piston. And the metalcrafter is now assaulting the engraver. Bloody morons.

Oh dear god, he is brutalizing him.

After breaking every bone, the Engraver was finally choked to death and left on the floor to rot.

9th Granite 93

His murderous rampage continues. He suffocated a dog, caused a farmer to bleed to death, threw a miner down the magma piston shaft, beat the woodworker insane then promptly beat him to death, beat the clerk to death, caused a nord to go stark raving mad, and caused the stonecrafter to die of suffocation. In that order and before the military was able to stop him. Fortunately, a wrestler broke his spine and collapsed his throat so that he suffocated to death slowly in a hall.

Damage report:
-1 dead animal
-5 dead dwarfs
-completely ruined the magma piston project

9th Granite 93

The expedition leader is throwing a tantrum and attacking dogs. Death will surely follow.

To my surprise he has calmed down.

2nd Slate 93

The scavengers are outside the walls, their beady eyes staring hungrily at me. Afraid of the scavengers outside all the dwarves refuse to do anything. Falling into states of unrest, the refuse to eat and drink.

All my dwarves died shortly thereafter.

I am sorry, but I couldn't survive.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:28 pm »

So you didn't use the RESCUE BUNKER?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011, 08:42:42 pm »

Um no, no one would go downstairs because of our forgotten beast buddy, no one would go up stairs because of the siege, and the military evidently got stuck in bed some how, nothing I did would get them up.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »

Wait, a forgotten beast got INTO the Fortress?

Sans context.

diamondwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2011, 08:50:03 pm »

Yeah, the freaking metalworker caused my piston to collapse prematurely and I had to go save the miner. Unfortunately this caused the beast to have a place to enter, I sealed him off but his standing outside kinda freaked out the other dwarves. I didn't add the post did I? *facepalm*

I vote you guys just throw my try out.

Also, now we know that the four strandees should probably be saved.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:55:34 pm by diamondwolf »

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 09:41:54 pm »

yeah dying on the third turn would not be worth it i will start a turn tommorow

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:57 pm »

Oh, for a second I thought I had somehow left a leak that wasn't used for a whole year and miraculously became your problem. Wouldn't put it past DF.

Be sure to use the RESCUE BUNKER unless it sucks in which case don't.

Sans context.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2011, 10:33:15 pm »

Godamn insomnia taking the turn tonight, maybe it could help to distract me from the depressing day i have been having.

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 10:45:56 pm »

The Journal Of Magnus The Red

1st Granite

I am unfortuneately forced to leave my retirement and take up my former job i swear most of the people in this fort have a bizare suicide by zombie badger plan going on.

10th Granite

What the fuck just happened? according to the scouts a group of undead moose walked into the siegers and the siegers turned tail and run weirdest siege ever the people outside just sort of wandered in.

13th Granite

Both the stonecrafter and the spinner have been taken  by melencholy. I have already started making their coffins.

20th Granite

The Bulldogs are being trained to fight so that the militia has back up.

18th Slate

The Melancholic dwarves died today.

19th Slate

Wierd week the Fish Disector has taken over the forge declaring he needs shit, yet never grabbing anything.

15th Felsite

More Scavengers maybe they'll turn tale and run at the sight of a gosling.

3rd Hematite

The Scavengers have killed a brewer who managed to remain outside for half a month without telegraphing me about how he is lost.

10th Hematite

The Fish Cleaner has finally noticed that we had two metal bars right next to him and has started working.

13th Hematite

If he wasnt suddenly so ammazing at making armor i would kill that damn fish cleaner he just sat on his ass for half a year AND MADE AN ELVEN BOOT!

3rd Malachite

We have breached the fourht cavern layer.

7th Malachite

One of the militia just died of dehydration.

9th Hematite

PRAISE THE MINERS ADAMANTIUM!

6th Galena

Holy shit this is bad a tantrumming dwarf pulled the bridge lever! WHY! Kat died befiore we managed to pull the fucking lever her death is on that guys hands! AND WHY DO YOU ASSHOLES THINK THAT THE MIDDLE OF MURDEROUS BASTARDS IS A GREAT PLACE TO TAKE A BREAK! FIVE DWARVES DIED BEFORE WE PUT THE BRIDGE BACK DOWN!

18th Galena

A Vile Force o-An Ambush Curse them! Illithids and goblins arived at the same time! Wait did the goblins just... HOLY SHIT i love goblins they just killed the ilithid siege! At this pint all of the siegers have left but we are still aparently under siege. Also the unit screen has lots of zombie demons being deceased how does iot know that?

9th Limestone

DAMNIT! there is a Balor now! AND THE GOBLINS KILLED IT TOO I LOVE THOSE GUYS! Oh my god half of my goblin mercenaries melted and the other half ran uill miss them they where so cool.

16th Timber

An Ambush Currse Them BECAUSE THEY KILLED ME and two other people! THEY ARE ALL DEAD (the goblins)

4th Moonstone

I have had a halberd squad to defend against those damn invaders maybe we can finally get a caravan or even some migrants if we wherent beeing slaughtered.

SAVE!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4467
That was a really stressful turn  that rquired like two savescums also the game refuses to believe the siege has ended.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 12:57:05 am »

Wow...  :o

I gotta say: Only a few years in and it sounds like your fort is already living up to the name "Daggerbleeding".

Major. Though, I was kinda hoping for a screenshot or scribble / MSPaint art, though.  :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:59:40 am by Thundercraft »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5