Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: My first successioon game.  (Read 10814 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: My first successioon game.
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2014, 08:49:23 pm »

Oh, and there are two artifacts created during my turn.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2014, 11:15:24 am »

Hey guys sorry I didn't OP yesterday, I was building a cheapo wine press.
My guys may have had indiv melee equip. On that note where did we get wooden weapons from?

In response to 4mask build you guilds how you want. A little late on that answer I know.

At least iton zubb died being usefull-ish.

Good turn, is interesting.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2014, 03:59:15 pm »

My guys may have had indiv melee equip. On that note where did we get wooden weapons from?
Got that and a bit of wooden armor and wooden crafts when I robbed the elven caravan.

You didn't think that I'd take ONLY a giant panda, right?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »

Got that and a bit of wooden armor and wooden crafts when I robbed the elven caravan.

Whatever happened to the Panda. Did he starve, like I said he would?
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »

Whatever happened to the Panda. Did he starve, like I said he would?
Yep.  Dead in his cage.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2014, 06:05:18 pm »

Quick update on things: I'm currently not able to access my game right now, so updates will be delayed until monday.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2014, 09:31:41 am »

Bump.
Please get back to it 4mask.
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2014, 05:57:32 pm »

I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!!! I'M BACK ON THE GAME, WILL PROVIDE AN UPDATE LATER, PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!

Epichighfive321

• Bay Watcher
  • What?! I've never even heard of 4chan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2014, 06:25:49 pm »

Any room for one more in this succession game?
Insert something that would make you think I'm clever here

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »

I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The good news is I've got an update all typed out.

The bad news is that due to my stupidity, I'll have to post it tomorrow morning.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2014, 11:30:09 am »

Hey epichighfive321 I'll put you on the turns list, welcome to the fort fort.

Hey 4mask, I didn't see your "tomorrow" post until it was already "tomorrow". Secret service dorf asks "where is it?" 8)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2014, 12:10:14 pm »

From the diary of Wolf wolf, leader of the wolf clan:

The earth has provided well for us.  A quick trade with the overlanders yielded us an anvil in exchange for some of our cloth, and we have set up a small forge setup down in our lands.  We have a large quantity of stones and ore dug out from our humble abode, and our stone crafts will be useful in future trades.  A small amount of platinum ore has been smelted and forged into various crafts, with large amounts of tetrahedrite awaiting smelting.  The one thing we lack is wood with which to smelt these ores: perhaps we will have to trade with the others for their plentiful wood.

The only unusual event was a reacher attacking my fellow clan members while I was mining out a cluster of orthoclase, but the others beat it down with their bare hands before it could become a threat.

From the diary of an unknown forgedwarf:

Life has been going well for us.  The miners have dug out large quantities of iron ore, flux, and coal, channeling full production power into the creation of steel bars.  Work has now begun on steel armor for our local militia, following their equipping with steel battleaxes to replace the silly wooden blades we stole from the elves.  A dwarf went insane after losing his leg because nobody would bring him a crutch, but we are not poorly off.  When Zubb zubb was injured, we were forced to trade away a precious anvil to the wolf guild in exchange for cloth to bandage his wounds, but recent caravans have brought more cloth and anvils and leather than we could possibly need.  In general, life has stabilized for the dwarves of this fine fortress, with the only mix-ups of routine being the occasional attack by creatures of the caverns.  I can't imagine why the wolf clan would want to live in such a dreary place, but to each their own, I suppose.

Currently, the miners are involved in mining out a large cluster of kaolinite for possible utility in making clay objects.  While we have a large amount of clay currently, there is no such thing as too much, I say.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2014, 02:42:18 pm »

Alright, so, year over.  I'm going to be posting some pictures here, so that you all can see how the fortress is right now:

Spoiler: Project Part One (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Project Part Two (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Steelworks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolf Den (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wolf Metalworks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Todo (click to show/hide)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:00 pm »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:36 pm »

The save:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9927
Ill be on it in a few days, or else somebody can go before me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11