Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2023050 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14145 on: November 19, 2018, 03:04:15 pm »

The best part of the Nazgul Andalusians bug is that if you play the old gods start date the umayyad sultunate slowly becomes invisible the more successful they are. Maybe it should be a new decadence feature.

Also, I'm currently playing as swole Poland and have reformed the Slavic faith to have a pope, but he seems to have disappeared somewhere along the line. I gave him a landed title on one of the holy sites when I reformed, but when my dude died it got taken over by one of his sons I wasn't playing and then disappeared. The pope dude still lived for a while after as a count level temple vassal, but I have no idea how to get the actual Slav pope back since the game is just telling me that I can't make it because it's an inactive title.

Anyone got ideas for what happened and how to fix it?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14146 on: November 19, 2018, 06:15:02 pm »

Oof, it would be helpful if the 'search character' thing had a 'narrow down by trait' option because Lucifer's Own told me to sacrfice a Dwarf.... I can cancel it obviously, but narrowing it down would be helpful by far.

Edit: Feh with it, the only one which I could find up to this point didn't have the 'attempt to abduct' option available.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:22:08 pm by smjjames »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14147 on: November 19, 2018, 06:33:25 pm »

... you totally can search by trait though. Just type in the trait's name in the searchbar.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14148 on: November 19, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »

... you totally can search by trait though. Just type in the trait's name in the searchbar.
Indeed

I'm also fairly sure that the "sacrifice a *foo*" mission only pops up when there's a *foo* in range, but I can't really prove it.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14149 on: November 19, 2018, 09:24:07 pm »

You can absolutely search by trait. It's how I find my children genius people to betroth them to. What, do you think I hunted down that genius welsh woman by hand? When I was the Byzantine Emperor? Far from it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:25:49 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14150 on: November 19, 2018, 09:48:18 pm »

You can absolutely search by trait. It's how I find my children genius people to betroth them to. What, do you think I hunted down that genius welsh woman by hand? When I was the Byzantine Emperor? Far from it.

+1

Though I don’t like the Byzantines.

Reformed the African faith. Bloodthirsty warmongering. Fun times.

Also got myself a bloodline, and discovered a “bloodline of the survivor” which ironically died out pretty much immediately.

Unfortunately the Abassids have all of North Africa as well as all of the Middle East and most of Persia. Holy shit. Though I did take advantage of that when I took one of the holy sites to reform my faith.

Carpathia also has a great deal of Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Brittania and bits of the various Francia empires.

So the warrior lodges are a bit OP. Had one guy have 41 martial. Also had a one-armed, one-legged, one-eyed, disfigured dude still have enough personal combat skill to win duels. Interestingly I think only one of those injuries was self-inflicted... he also developed leprosy in later life, though I’m not sure anyone would have noticed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14151 on: November 19, 2018, 10:07:20 pm »

Can somebody give me a quick brief on what are the various options of having a head of church for? So far I've been only choosing 'autonomous' for the +2 stat bonus, but I think I might be missing out on some fun mechanics.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14152 on: November 19, 2018, 10:09:56 pm »

I think temporal is what I chose, ‘cause it means your character is the head of the church. Like the caliph or fylkir. Prestige and piety bonuses, plus declaring Great Holy Wars when I want.

Beyond that I wasn’t paying attention. I’m not sure what the one that said something along the lines of each region has their own head does.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14153 on: November 19, 2018, 10:36:12 pm »

I wanted to try reforming the Hellenic faith.

Chose the count starting in the only province with Hellenism. Realized he is actually Orthodox so need to wait for event to proc.

Holy warred my neighbor who somehow became independent as well as pagan. Not sure how, since this is the middle of Greece but whatever. My Duke dies of natural causes and the Emperor makes me a viceroy. So things are good so far.

Then out of nowhere I get syphilis. Which means lunatic of course. I checked my children and both of them have awful awful stats at mostly 0 for everything. So apparently I'm a terrible father. Daughter is Empress of Byzantine though, matrilineal too so that's good.

Decided to play like a lunatic. Send son to become a mercenary captain even though he has no martial skill and is Craven. Join the assassins and proclaim loudly that I'm Shia.

Randomly invite people to parties and do stupid shit. Kill people for the order. Extort my vassals, revoke lands, make enemies of everyone around me.

Die to the chess with death event. Idiot son takes over. No kids. Not even 10 seconds later he is killed by a runaway wagon. His sister, the Empress of Byzantine with 0 stats in everything, assassinated him to take control on my measly 2 counties.

Except women can't inherit. So I lose the game.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14154 on: November 20, 2018, 12:29:42 am »

Can somebody give me a quick brief on what are the various options of having a head of church for? So far I've been only choosing 'autonomous' for the +2 stat bonus, but I think I might be missing out on some fun mechanics.

Temporal: You become the head of faith (like the caliph)
Theocratic: The religion gets a pope like figure to handle divorces and holy wars and what not
Autocephaly: Similar to having a pope but works like Orthodox (I am not familiar with that system)
No Head: No religious head, you can choose a branch of the faith which gives +2 to a stat of your choice

Personally the two best options seem to be Tenporal or no head. Temporal allows you to personally start holy wars and the like.

No head with a monastic doctrine (+2 to learning) is good for more peaceful or less expansion focused religions and you get some nice stat boosts. I do not believe you can call holy wars though

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14155 on: November 20, 2018, 01:15:24 am »

Alright, thanks. I don't have any experience with Muslim mechanics, so what does being 'like a caliph' entails, mechanics-wise?

Also, does anyone have a better understanding of the blood-sacrificing doctrine? So far, all I could get out of it was an option to sacrifice prisoners for measly piety gains, eventual shitty trait (ok if you're tribal, I guess), and organise blood olympics or whatnot, which I've done twice. One time I could choose my 'champion' dude, the other time I couldn't. No idea why. The dude didn't win, so I also don't know what good winning does, since otherwise it doesn't do anything.
There's also the war sacrifice bit, but you need to be super-crazy with prisoners to enable the option.
So, if anyone managed to successfully do either of those, what bonuses did you get?

Oh, right, and I could build a pyramid for my dog.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14156 on: November 20, 2018, 01:30:18 am »

Have you played any as the Fylkir of a reformed Norse faith? That also gets you the features of being head of the faith.
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14157 on: November 20, 2018, 01:34:56 am »

No, I haven't.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14158 on: November 20, 2018, 01:39:14 am »

Well, it basically gives you control over who to declare Great Holy Wars/Jihads on. Probably some other things to, but that's all i ever used it for.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14159 on: November 20, 2018, 07:51:59 am »

Head of religion also nets you a monthly prestige and piety bonus for controlling a religion (2 and 1 respectively, I think)

Also the blood sacrifice thing is pretty cool, if only in my mind. You get 30 piety for winning the blood olympics, and the mass sacrifice thing gets you morale bonuses for your army but also penalties for your provinces for 10 years (or 5 or 20, I wasn’t paying that much attention) depending on how harsh you do it (the three choices hitting either your capital demesne, all your demesne, or all the demesnes held by you and your vassals)

I’m also thinking you get a bloodline unlocked for doing it a lot, but I’m not sure.

Pages: 1 ... 942 943 [944] 945 946 ... 1002