Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1564657 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: Capitalism and murder
« Reply #3465 on: September 27, 2015, 02:44:09 pm »

Could someone please explain what is going on in this image?
There is a man who has come to the conclusion that his/other men's instinct to cater to women is horribly stupid because some part of the societal structure does so already (Men Going There Own Way).
The joke is that the sign's argument is equally applicable to himself and his own self-identified movement.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: September 27, 2015, 03:11:08 pm »

There is a man who has come to the conclusion that his/other men's instinct to cater to women is horribly stupid because some part of the societal structure does so already (Men Going There Own Way).
The joke is that the sign's argument is equally applicable to himself and his own self-identified movement.
As with a great many others, he's shifting the blame for his own social/sexual ineptitude onto others. And by "great many others" I really mean modern authoritarian feminists, redpillers, and MRAs. They're united in spirit beneath the banner of absolving themselves of personal responsibility and treating all opposition as intolerable abuse. It's like Romeo and Juliet, except the families are mostly sane, rational, and greatly confused, while the young lovers are all-yan no-dere for each other.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: September 27, 2015, 03:44:31 pm »

And by "great many others" I really mean modern authoritarian feminists, redpillers, and MRAs.
You say MRA but do you mean people that are Men's Rights Activists or the source of the caricature Modern Authoritarian Feminists(capitalized for later abbreviaton) have painted them as?
I ask because MAF seem to be the shakers of feminism in the media now and if enough MRAs are that caricature to disgrace the label MRA then the long reach of MAF in feminism is enough to be known simply as feminists.

I mean I still occasionally hear the Wage Gape being cited that women don't get equal pay for equal work.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: September 27, 2015, 04:39:07 pm »

This thread always makes me giggle.  Mostly about how horrifying some of the bay watchers are, but that's no different than the rest of life.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: September 27, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »

This thread always makes me giggle.  Mostly about how horrifying some of the bay watchers are, but that's no different than the rest of life.

That thread cracks me up every time. It's also an example of "a time when it was probably a good thing that the thread owner decided to lock it before it got worse."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:50:56 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: September 27, 2015, 05:11:00 pm »

And by "great many others" I really mean modern authoritarian feminists, redpillers, and MRAs.
You say MRA but do you mean people that are Men's Rights Activists or the source of the caricature Modern Authoritarian Feminists(capitalized for later abbreviaton) have painted them as?
I ask because MAF seem to be the shakers of feminism in the media now and if enough MRAs are that caricature to disgrace the label MRA then the long reach of MAF in feminism is enough to be known simply as feminists.

I mean I still occasionally hear the Wage Gape being cited that women don't get equal pay for equal work.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

I'm not even going to get into the assertion that MRAs are all reasonable people who are being slandered and misrepresented. Though it does help support the parallel, amusingly enough.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: September 27, 2015, 05:19:40 pm »

Mgtow stands for "Men going their own way", which I have complete sympathy for in theory. But I can't get why any self-professed MGTOW gives a shit about feminism one way or the other. They're unrelated concepts as far as I am concerned.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:21:53 pm by Reelya »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: September 27, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »

Because they don't live in a vacuum, I would imagine.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: September 27, 2015, 05:25:05 pm »

They're only weakening their own case though by linking anti-feminism to mgtow though.

I'd compare it to religious believers who cling to Young Earth Creation science. Religion and YEC are linked, but they don't have to be. Religious types who accept or reject fossil evidence for evolution are 50/50 in the USA for example.

In the same way Men's Rights doesn't have to be anti-feminist, but the water's already polluted so you can't really through your cards in with that lot.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: September 27, 2015, 05:44:39 pm »

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/on-equal-pay-day-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-gender-pay-gap/

I'm not even going to get into the assertion that MRAs are all reasonable people who are being slandered and misrepresented. Though it does help support the parallel, amusingly enough.
Good, as I was not making that assertion. The assertion is that if you don't consider the people labeled feminist to be shitty for their well-heard assholes you should do the same for mra.
Ya know how a bunch of lay-feminist hate TERF? A bunch of lay-mra hate PUA. It all looks very symmetrical to me with the big difference being who is better connected and won the shit flinging contest.

And uh, I've gone through the whole link before. I'm just shit at debating serious things with people I'm invested in. Good to see it again and get a refresher of course.
edit:The most damning things about it is one of the writers own comments a month after the mentioned edit
Quote from: 4 months ago
Hi Lucas,

This analysis looks at the hourly earnings of all full- and part-time workers. It does not make adjustments for job title, status, and etc. but looks at the issue in the aggregate.

-Eileen
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:03:15 pm by ArKFallen »
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: September 27, 2015, 06:14:57 pm »

Yeah! How are MRAs any stupider than feminists!? They both seem like a bunch of utterly stupid, loudmouthed, insane, paranoid assholes.

EDIT:
(Come to think of it, that actually applies to just about any group that believes strongly in anything)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:21:18 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: September 27, 2015, 06:25:20 pm »

because ad-hominem is definitely the best way to criticise a group

loudmouthed, insane, paranoid assholes
urge to snark rising

but whatever it is you're trying to say, it's pretty funny how you're going about it. it's like edgy but different
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 06:29:21 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: September 27, 2015, 06:26:18 pm »

Yeah! How are MRAs any stupider than feminists!? They both seem like a bunch of utterly stupid, loudmouthed, insane, paranoid assholes.

EDIT:
(Come to think of it, that actually applies to just about any group that believes strongly in anything)
... and here, ladies and gentlemen, we have an example of a person taking an egg and vigorously impacting it upon their own face. What a sight.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: September 27, 2015, 06:28:40 pm »

Omnia vanitas
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: September 27, 2015, 07:00:09 pm »

Big words for someone will egg all over their face.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 879