Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793 794 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560950 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 11000 laughs, somehow
« Reply #11865 on: June 05, 2021, 09:24:54 pm »

Guy takes wife to bird-people village as honeymoon destination. Needs flint to light a fire to make baked apples to keep his wife happy. I give him 1 flint, gives me 100 rupees. I ask him again to exchange flint for rupees: dude asks for 100 flints.

How many fires does one man need to light?! I took him up on his offer, too, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next time I come back, he's just burned the whole place down!

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11866 on: June 06, 2021, 02:08:46 pm »

Laughed about how succession forts are a closed club, but then realized that I would make an underground railroad because I wouldn't want to read the entire thread.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: June 06, 2021, 05:34:28 pm »

Laughed about how succession forts are a closed club, but then realized that I would make an underground railroad because I wouldn't want to read the entire thread.

I'd be more than happy to pawn off helpfully open my play-though fortress to other player meddling.  Link is at the bottom of my profile.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11868 on: June 07, 2021, 03:19:36 pm »

Watching a playthrough of God of War (2018), and taking the time to pause and peek at the runic writing they've put in the environment.

...and finding the mistakes. There's a section where whoever was in charge of the set design ended up using the wrong rune. For the entire phrase.

In their defense, the futhark runes for F and A are pretty similar... But I have to say that I was definitely scratching my head trying to work out what the hell "Hfti eltf Mfni" was supposed to mean.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: June 07, 2021, 03:34:28 pm »

Watching a playthrough of God of War (2018), and taking the time to pause and peek at the runic writing they've put in the environment.

...and finding the mistakes. There's a section where whoever was in charge of the set design ended up using the wrong rune. For the entire phrase.

In their defense, the futhark runes for F and A are pretty similar... But I have to say that I was definitely scratching my head trying to work out what the hell "Hfti eltf Mfni" was supposed to mean.

Obviously the carver of the runes was gagged at the time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: June 08, 2021, 04:44:30 am »

This is what happens when you let novice engravers carve the runes on the walls.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: June 08, 2021, 04:53:40 am »

This is what happens when you let novice engravers carve the runes on the walls.

The idea of negative skill is something that was brought up in a DF Talk, yes. Just the idea of an engraving so bad that it decreases room value is pretty entertaining. I'd do it just so that I could read the descriptions. I'm imagining one right now:

"This is purportedly an engraving of a dwarf and an elf. The dwarf is supposedly attacking the elf, but the engraving is so lacking in quality that it is not clear what is going on."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: June 08, 2021, 10:09:16 am »

TWO YEARS OF STONESMOOTHING DUTY
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: June 08, 2021, 06:04:11 pm »

"This is supposedly an engraving. The stick dwarf is standing near to an object. The object is either a throne or a hippopotamus. The object is screaming."
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: June 08, 2021, 06:17:24 pm »

Now it just needs integer overflow and you'd be set.

"[...] is world breakingly terrible. *glitchcode, followed by bleeding letters* Magnificent."

Room value promptly maxes out.

e: also I'm now imagining engravings bad enough they leak syndrome material or otherwise infect things nearby

if that's not a thing yet, it needs to be
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 06:20:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: June 08, 2021, 07:04:41 pm »

Infohazard engraving tricks all who view it into believing they are carp, more at CARP O CLOCK I mean six.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: June 08, 2021, 08:28:41 pm »

e: also I'm now imagining engravings bad enough they leak syndrome material or otherwise infect things nearby

if that's not a thing yet, it needs to be

Dude, that should be a thing in evil biomes. That would make those places way more dangerous. I'd extend it further and suggest that all negative-quality items produced in evil biomes do this, just to make the early game in evil biomes so much harder.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:35:01 pm by methylatedspirit »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: June 08, 2021, 10:15:34 pm »

snow crash
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: June 08, 2021, 11:19:56 pm »

"This is supposedly an engraving. The stick dwarf is standing near to an object. The object is either a throne or a hippopotamus. The object is screaming."

Quote from: translation
AAAAAAA
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: June 09, 2021, 12:06:46 am »