Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 71296 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 1: 14/14]
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2011, 02:13:04 am »

Anything else, Urist? Any details could be important.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2011, 06:31:54 am »

Votecount

Think0028  - 1 -  Urist_McArathos,
BDthemag  - 0 - 
Vector  - 0 - 
Toaster  - 1 -  Flandre,
Dariush  - 1 -  Think0028,
Pandarsenic  - 1 -  Ottofar,
TolyK  - 1 -  Simple,
Urist_McArathos  - 0 - 
IronyOwl  - 0 - 
Flandre  - 0 - 
Simple  - 0 - 
Ottofar  - 0 - 
Jim Groovester  - 1 -  IronyOwl,
Max White  - 1 -  Dariush,
-
Not Voting  - 0 -  BDthemag, Pandarsenic, TolyK, Max White, Toaster, Jim Groovester, Vector,
No Lynch  - 0 - 
-
Extend  - 0 - 
Shorten  - 0 - 

The Day will end Wednesday, 8PM GMT.

You need 5 players to Extend and 8 players to Shorten.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2011, 06:56:44 am »

Such an impressive shiny head, and a strong masculine nostril!
So you would lie to the town to cover your own ass? Don't you think if you were inspected (And I mean it if you, of coarse you are inspected!) it would be better if you claimed early?
Why are you projecting scum fear of inspection on someone else ?

Yea, that sounds like you Jim.  :P
I'm a self made man, who is currently living off some wise investments I made in coffee beans.
LNCP: Why is this not a role playing mafia? It would have been perfect for this game!
Coffee beans as in trade or as in "i got plantation somewhere" ?

I'm a merchant, resting at the inn.  I could be the merchant you purchase your supplies from, Max.
What's the inn name ?

FlandreWhat role you would not want to see in this setup ?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2011, 07:00:43 am »

Why are you projecting scum fear of inspection on someone else ?
Digging for info. I wanted to know more about why Jim wouldn't claim as miller, so that I could make a more informed choice for myself. I was thinking strongly about claiming, as it seems to be a popular choice for kooks in paranormal, but still better to double check.

Coffee beans as in trade or as in "i got plantation somewhere" ?
I'm not sure, just that I made my money from investment, and that could be either. Based on the fact that I get to live out my days reading books, I would guess I own a plantation, but that is speculation.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2011, 07:01:52 am »

Also, before I forget, what of the three role types town have to lynch worries you most, Simple?

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2011, 07:12:38 am »

Also, before I forget, what of the three role types town have to lynch worries you most, Simple?
Have to ? Well i guess it would be witch and the unknown second threat (that could as well not exist?). As for what powers : some kind of multi-kill, cult-like ability and maybe a time-based win condition role ?

Also what do you think are these magical entities mentioned in the OP ? If they are not village and witch oriented and are not serial killers, and they need to be eliminated (this excludes survivors/jesters i guess) i can't think of anything that fits this description.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2011, 07:18:46 am »

Hmm, ok. So I as told there were four types of roles to look out for, and you didn't pick up on that. Interesting. I would be worried if you hadn't then named some of the entities.

As for magical entities, things like lynchers (Requires a certain player to be lynched to win), assassins (Requires a certain player to be NKed), observers (Need to survive for a certain number of days or need the game to go for a certain number of days) and maybe a cult might be involved. I'm not sure what else.

Any flavour text about yourself you want to share? A love of books? Your lodging?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2011, 07:35:13 am »

I might be a miller also, due to flavorstuff.
Yeah.
Actually LNCP, are millers informed of their millerhood?

Of my flavor, I'm a farmer, growing mostly wheat and rye. I sell it. Also, I'm trying to find a good brewing mixture, and am good friends with the apothecary.

Because my farm is located further away from the town, the plague affecting the other fields hasnae affected me.

I was gonna bring my crops to the market tomorrow. But yeah.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2011, 07:40:37 am »

Two millers?
Something inside me really wants this to be a tribute to the salem witch trials, and every townie is a miller.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2011, 07:44:40 am »

Hmm, ok. So I as told there were four types of roles to look out for, and you didn't pick up on that. Interesting. I would be worried if you hadn't then named some of the entities.

I'm not sure what you mean by four types of roles to look our for. We know of townie/witch/miller/lyncher, right ? Unless have access to some information i'm not aware of ? Or i missed something important ?

I'm innkeeper, and only unusual thing mentioned is "extortionists". Is there a role-type with similar name ?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:07 am »

As for magical entities, things like lynchers (Requires a certain player to be lynched to win), assassins (Requires a certain player to be NKed), observers (Need to survive for a certain number of days or need the game to go for a certain number of days) and maybe a cult might be involved. I'm not sure what else.

Note that role types, even when mentioned in the wincon, do not need to be included. If not included, you will simply win as if they had been dealt with already.

Actually LNCP, are millers informed of their millerhood?

RTFM.

Miller Villager
   Abilities: Will show up as a Witch to any investigative roles. The player may or may not know about this.
   Wincon: Eliminate all Witches, Witch-aligned entities, magical entities and killers present from the game.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2011, 07:49:22 am »

*Sigh* My double posting and badly trimmed quotes lead my to think I have come down with Panda syndrome, where as my ability to post fails when I'm tired. This will be my last before bed then.
I'm not sure what you mean by four types of roles to look our for. We know of townie/witch/miller/lyncher, right ? Unless have access to some information i'm not aware of ? Or i missed something important ?
???

Witch, witch aligned, magical and killers. How did you not know that?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:11 am »

Oh derp. Sorry.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2011, 07:51:58 am »

SHIT!!!
SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!
I pressed modify instead of quote!!!
The plan was to trim out the quote bit and post again! SORRY! DON;T KILL MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!1

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2011, 08:35:48 am »

Max:  An edit?  I believe this is yours:

Code: [Select]
  |
  |
  #
  #
 / \
|   |
|   |
 \_/

In any case, what do you hope to get out of flavorfishing?

Simple:  Do you agree that failure to know the townie wincon means that you're not a townie?

Think:  Interesting- you'd inspect someone you thought was town over someone you thought was scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39