Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170834 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2014, 05:16:32 pm »

I don't think I'd be very good at that whole "Leadership" deal. Just let me know who's the new Boss. Cecil says aloud to nobody in particular. He looks around trying to find some way to keep cool in this weather.

Find a way to stay comfortable in this heat

Nunzillor

« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2014, 05:48:02 pm »

"We shouldn't have to drag her (yet, at least) as she supposedly follows instructions, I think.  Last questions, Steve: how do you say stop, follow, forward, and back in this language?."

Last questions.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2014, 07:24:46 pm »

Good to go!

((We have water, right?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2014, 08:39:43 pm »

Quote from: @Steve
I do not have a laser so do I just borrow one or what? also If I must borrow one can I have a "I have special permission from steve so cooperate" slip for an investigation into this?

ask steve
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2014, 09:22:44 pm »

Good to go!

((I'm reasonably sure the suits recycle water for you.  It has... tubes.  For collection.  Judging from M6, that sort of thing's abstracted away a bit.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2014, 09:30:07 pm »

((Thanks!))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2014, 10:05:42 pm »

((Judging from M6, that sort of thing's abstracted away a bit.))
((It's best to not think about the tubes. That's why most ARMy men try to ignore them and pretend they aren't there.
Also, PTW.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »

Good to go!

((I'm reasonably sure the suits recycle water for you.  It has... tubes.  For collection.  Judging from M6, that sort of thing's abstracted away a bit.))

((It saves pw doing posts like "You all have a dump and take a slash. Then you eat and drink that sweet, sweet food and water."

If we're in suits, assume there's water and nutrient paste. Or something. Don't think about it.....))
It's a game. Have fun.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2014, 10:29:40 pm »

Sambo aims his laser rifle at the woman from a position that won't involve friendly-fire and gets ready to move along with the squad. He does his best to keep a steady mind while doing so, considering that someone will probably be in the firing lane of his slow cooker/laser rifle.

"Right, so who's going to do the dragging? I'm not letting this bitch out of my sights for a moment. I've got this thing set on low for now, so it'll probably just tickle a bit if it hits us in our suits. But if I say move, then fucken do it! Or go home without legs and shit."

((Just to be sure, Vincent is using his backpack isn't he? Not Sambo's. Because Sambo is using his right now. Vincent can do a recharge when we've actually gotten moving.))
((I'm assuming Vincent has the same suit generator as Sambo? So yes, he is using his own? If he doesn't I'll retract my charging action))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 09, 2014, 03:39:05 am »

((My generator is a seperate thing from my MkI suit. But whatever. You probably can charge a battery really, really slowly off a suit generator.))
It's a game. Have fun.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2014, 05:34:05 am »

Actually, let's try something a little different as follows:

1. Get my Testament prototype from Feyri.
2. Trade some of my gauss rifle parts for a glass receptacle and glass stirring thingy.
3. Drain some of the crystal solution from the Testament (about 30-60 rounds' worth) into the receptacle.
4. Stir lightly to crystallize as much of it as prettily as possible.

Use resulting pretty crystals as currency to purchase small cart, electric lights, metal sticks, gasoline generator, in that order of priority.

Then move out with the rest.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:54:35 am by Harry Baldman »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2014, 10:36:41 am »

"Right, so three days if all goes well, which it probably won't. Hrmmm. Well, I still have questions, but the answers to those are gonna be "hell if I know", and "your guess is as good as mine". So, onto the next bit of business. Right you lot, who do ya think should be in charge, now that Steve here is buggering off back to the relative safety of the Sword?"

Continue metal barriers, and stand in a position slightly behind and to the left of the host, and keep an eye on them.

Gorat waves in front of Feyri's faceplate and concludes "Well, looks like it won't be Feyri after all. Any volunteers for leadership?"

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nunzillor

« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2014, 10:51:31 am »

A leader?  Tek had no idea, but he wanted to move out soon.  He guessed he could just suggest someone randomly, or he could wait sensibly.  But Tek had never been a sensible person...

"Tek nominates this guy," he says, pointing towards Morul, "as he has the look of a veteran and speaks in a Steve-ish accent. 

If no one steps forward, we could try a pure democracy, Tek supposes.  Grossly inefficient, but fair."
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:59:59 am by Nunzillor »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2014, 11:19:52 am »

"Democracy? Honestly, I don't know most of you well enough to trust you with such a concept. The freshly exhumed can be... less than rational."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2014, 11:27:28 am »

"Democracy? Honestly, I don't know most of you well enough to trust you with such a concept. The freshly exhumed can be... less than rational."

((Democracy is basically Tyranny by Majority, which would describe quite a few of our characters here well.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 89