Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89

Author Topic: Mission 18: The final sunset  (Read 170330 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 18: They that dwell within the heat.
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2014, 02:25:29 pm »

Examine closely the designs on the pole.  Make sure to capture them using the camera on my suit, if they seem interesting.  Observe the woman.  Is her skin any redder?  Her behavior any different?  Continue moving with the group.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:11:25 pm by Nunzillor »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2014, 03:03:42 pm »

I'm glad all those hours spent learning how to make notes is coming in handy.

Continue making notes. Notes! Notes Everywhere! For !!Science!!

Also follow the group.

Notes about? Writing shit down is like the one action you can actually personally do in this format, what do ya want to write down?

Basically, making notes on the woman, temperature, time etc. every ten minutes.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2014, 04:01:25 pm »

You called it a big and powerful generator. Liar.

Be near the center of the group. Watch for trouble and charge a dynamic con bonus.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2014, 04:04:35 pm »

It's big.  When it's on, it's full of power!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2014, 04:07:29 pm »

(("I performed a blatant act of thievery, and all I got out of it was a free bullet to the faceplate."))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2014, 04:43:09 pm »

Follow group, stay near the fringe and out of line-of-fire. Continue intuitively scanning for trouble. Do signs point to bad nights too?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2014, 05:39:16 pm »

Buck the trend by hanging around near the middle of the group. Check if the Captive's near-body temperature has changed. Assuming that nothing changed, wave my magic wand of thermomising around to record ambient temperature, how hot the sand is on the surface compared to below, etc.
((Not hugely interested OOC in specifics for the non-host readings, in case my science is annoying you.))

'We gonna park here like, heh, sand hogs, or move onto them other ruins up there?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2014, 08:40:25 pm »

"I reckon we keep moving. Probably a good place to set up a trap, these pillar things. Wonder if the posse back at town is just tooling up to kill us when we get here? Actually, other than pointing people in the general direction of the pit 'o ghastly beheadings, what the fuck are these for? Not like what we're doing is a full-time job requiring pillar craftsmen.

Hey Steve! Can you do some translation work for me? Chuck a message through me suit speakers, like, in their lingo, then translate whatever gibberish this guide-bloke garbles back? Ask him what the fuck the pillars and ruins are for and where they lead to? What ruined 'em? Also, how many of the damn things are there between here and the hole? Where's the damn hole in relation to 'em? But nicely, like."

Sambo walks over to the guide, motions for him to listen, and lets Steve do the talking. He also examines the pillar a bit, trying to look interested while in a space suit, but really just keeping his laser rifle ready in case of any reaction by the woman to this information. With pillar based cover.

If this is a long stop-over, then keep an eye on the woman, but keep scanning everywhere for signs of trouble. Mostly the horizon and the ruins though.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:15:42 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2014, 10:33:25 pm »

"It could have a trap waiting for us, but don't we have the numbers on our side at this point? Wouldn't the bigger threat at the moment be getting lost in the desert?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2014, 12:31:56 am »

Over suit comms only:

"Yeah, but see this guide-bloke? See our weapons? See that other pillar on the horizon? Either he's going to do his damndest to make sure we don't get fucking lost, or the poor prick is going to walk 3 hours back home without his legs. I'm pretty sure he understands."
It's a game. Have fun.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2014, 12:52:27 am »

"Pretty sure our translator said the guide's job was done once he led us to the first marker and pointed us in the right direction."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2014, 12:55:50 am »

"Seeing as that is on the horizon that is approximately seven miles... Ill go and check it out"
walk towards the next pillar
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:45:31 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2014, 01:23:47 am »

Suit-comms still:

"Well, I reckon the right direction will be the one he's willing to walk with us. Because otherwise he's going to have a lot of trouble walking home. We don't have to be nice to this prick out here. And I bet he'll keep us well away from any shit that could hurt him, just so's we don't. Problem being, it might mean he'll call his mates back at town, or go nowhere near this fucking hole we're going to.

How hard do you think we'll have to tap him around before he gets all helpful like? We'll see what he reckons on the pillars and shit first, ey?"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 01:34:27 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2014, 05:10:38 am »

"Remember how we left town? We were shot at. What do you think happens if our guide doesn't return on schedule? We, as in ARM, certainly won't be welcome back in town. Even if we, as in this sorry group, don't go back, they'll remember. Talk about it. It'll spread elsewhere. Like to the place where we have a ****ing diplomatic team going on. We're not going to jeopardize that with a kidnapping. Yes, before you say anything, it's possible that no one else would care. No, that doesn't make it okay to risk."

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2014, 07:51:58 am »

"Idea - flesh people stay back and rest for some time when needed, some robots remain to guard, some robots continue on path, check areas we will go to. So we can tell if landscape changes as we pass with Eater of Cold."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 89