Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: -  (Read 14077 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: So I Killed a $20 Bill
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 11:28:55 am »

Here in Canada, bills have two serial numbers on them, and there are a few scenarios regarding money replacement I know of:
1. Both serial numbers readable: The bank replaces it for you. Thanks, bank!
2. Only one serial number readable (e.g. ripped in half): The bank gives you half of that bill's value (otherwise you could get rich by living near multiple different banks and owning a pair of scissors).
3. No serial numbers readable: No cash for you.

One of my friends used to own half of a $10 bill that he would leave under something so that it looked like a full bill. The humour was from people's reactions when they found out it wasn't real, until someone just walked off with it and showed up the next day with $5 in hand.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 07:17:04 am »

In Germany you need to haul in more than 50% of a Euro-Note to get back your money.

It doesn't matter if the serial number is unreadable or if the whole thing is burned to flakes. As long as they can reconstruct it into a Note and it constitutes more than 50% of that note you get the Note replaced.

This easily prevents the scissor system from above.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 08:10:18 am »

But not the "three full notes into four three-quarter notes" one, or any variant thereof.  (Which I'm was not condoning, BTW.)

One damaged note with two readable serial numbers being redeemable, or two half-values (one each for each serial number, hopefully still readable) seems to me to be a better policy from the counter-fraud POV, albeit hard on those where the damage utterly obscures one or both of the serial numbers themselves.  But I don't think any system is going to prevent money-sinking accidents or money-generating exploits, and ultimately it can only come down to getting the balance right for the treasury and the end-users of the system.

Meanwhile burn or shred or dissolve or pulp your money as much as you want.  It's... erm.. your money.   And if it isn't then the act of destroying it is probably not the original concern.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 09:50:13 am »

The only solution is Lioncash, which is accepted universally.

Alternatively, follow this guide to giving all your money Internet value, and making fiat currencies obsolete:
i. Acquire money, paper or otherwise.
ii. Acquire Sharpie, Shoupie or similar knockoff with sufficiently permanent ink.
1. Write ONE BITCOIN over any amount. If there is more than one amount, write 1B over numerical-only amounts and BITCOIN over text-only amounts.
2. Write INTERNET over any location, making the bitcoin universal.
3. Write RON PAUL over the name of any sovereign or leader featured on the cash. If space permits, draw your best Ron Paul on the false repressive government stooge's face.
4. Write WORTH ALOT over any motto. There must not be a space between A and LOT.
5. Scribble out any shaped bumps or insignias that may be the corrupt government's mint marks.
6. You have helped contribute to the death of fiat currency and freedom in America; no, not America, but the world! Distribute it to foolish non-bitcoin-users as "legal tender" (you may want to keep the Ron Paul face out of view during such corrupt transactions) and watch as they distribute it worldwide. Join the physical bitcoin movement and take away unjust government funds.

Since you still intent to distribute it to other sheeple who still use valueless paper as money (instead of valueless hex values: fools all!) and not directly to other noble bitcoiners, it's legal in the US. I'm not sure about Canada, but such are the struggles when you try to overthrow The Man. Vending machines everywhere already take physical bitcoins! They are accepted worldwide by our automated friends. Join the movement! Make Physical Bitcoins today! I already have. I expect their value to be infinite right now, as they are the only Physical Bitcoins in the world. If you make some, we can split the riches evenly!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 04:58:40 pm »

The only solution is Lioncash, which is accepted universally.

Alternatively, follow this guide to giving all your money Internet value, and making fiat currencies obsolete:
i. Acquire money, paper or otherwise.
ii. Acquire Sharpie, Shoupie or similar knockoff with sufficiently permanent ink.
1. Write ONE BITCOIN over any amount. If there is more than one amount, write 1B over numerical-only amounts and BITCOIN over text-only amounts.
2. Write INTERNET over any location, making the bitcoin universal.
3. Write RON PAUL over the name of any sovereign or leader featured on the cash. If space permits, draw your best Ron Paul on the false repressive government stooge's face.
4. Write WORTH ALOT over any motto. There must not be a space between A and LOT.
5. Scribble out any shaped bumps or insignias that may be the corrupt government's mint marks.
6. You have helped contribute to the death of fiat currency and freedom in America; no, not America, but the world! Distribute it to foolish non-bitcoin-users as "legal tender" (you may want to keep the Ron Paul face out of view during such corrupt transactions) and watch as they distribute it worldwide. Join the physical bitcoin movement and take away unjust government funds.

Since you still intent to distribute it to other sheeple who still use valueless paper as money (instead of valueless hex values: fools all!) and not directly to other noble bitcoiners, it's legal in the US. I'm not sure about Canada, but such are the struggles when you try to overthrow The Man. Vending machines everywhere already take physical bitcoins! They are accepted worldwide by our automated friends. Join the movement! Make Physical Bitcoins today! I already have. I expect their value to be infinite right now, as they are the only Physical Bitcoins in the world. If you make some, we can split the riches evenly!
What a stupendous idea!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 04:29:07 am »

Just don't do it in Thailand. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 11:34:15 am »

Just don't do it in Thailand. :P

Or of you do, make sure to leave the king untouched, possibly adding a halo, general glowing aura of awesome or whatever. Maybe a speech bubble along the lines of "I am Bhumibol Adulyadej and clearly awesome. Support Physical Bitcoins to show your respect for me!"

As an example:

"Support Physical Bitcoins or I unleash the power of the hat!"

or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 04:46:24 pm »

Guys, the problem's been fixed.
Do what you wish what the thread, I don't feel like locking it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:47:57 pm by IronTomato »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »

Who's up for sodomizing this thread against its will? First thing I could think of :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 05:15:26 pm »

I say go with a extension of the Space Program.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:12 pm »

Who's up for sodomizing this thread against its will? First thing I could think of :P

I can't seem to find the BBCode for that, tried [sod]"threadtitle[/sod], but nothing.
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 09:48:23 am »

Operation Physical Bitcoin is a success. Many vending machines across the school now have Physical Bitcoins in them, just waiting to overthrow the corrupt regulations of the government. I even fulfilled a TRUE AND HONEST monetary transaction: four Physical Bitcoins for an ice cream sandwich, and I received a small copper disk in return that I know the foolish, naive locals of this place call "money". Money? Nobody needs the curse of the fiat currencies imposed on us by the government! I suggested the upstanding privatized establishment change the price of one ice-cream sandwich from 99 "cents" to 4 physical bitcoins, plus a small copper disk back for novelty, but they did not respect the value of the randomly generated hex-value on each coin (I know every one is random because I made it up), only judging the size of the Physical Bitcoin and inquiring whether or not "is this legal even though it's written on? I can still see the elk, right?". Still, they have accepted them, and soon the allure of owning four shiny Physical Bitcoins will surely drive the cashier to throw off the yoke of government-imposed fascist currency and open his shop tomorrow a changed man: a Shop of Freedom. I have turned the copper disk into a Physical Bitcoin, too. Unfortunately, this seems to have less purchasing power than the old ones, even though they are all equal and perfect. Even the automated vending machines refuse to accept this new, equally worthy Physical Bitcoin! It must be the government! They intervene even now!! Friends, join the movement, and tell us of your own experiences using your noble Physical Bitcoins so we can become wise and learned in the ways of Free Currency for All!!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 07:32:49 pm »

Guh?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2012, 08:49:52 pm »

He's an artist of trolling - just sit back and enjoy the show ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2012, 12:42:52 pm »

No, I just demand equality for our new currency systems! We have only one demand and we know exactly what it is!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5