Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: [W40k] Rogue Trader Test Combat: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (PbP)  (Read 11509 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [W40k] Rogue Trader Test Combat: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (PbP)
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2015, 11:55:08 pm »

Maxwell shrugged. For him, the choice was obvious.

"Point-blank, my lord. We want to deal maximum carnage to the bastards as quickly as possible, and that means getting so close that we'll almost have to try to miss. Once they're in range, it won't matter if they panic and flee or stand to fight; they won't be escaping the range of our guns anytime soon.

"In any event, the enemy shuttles will be landing soon. Shall I go and fight alongside the men, or would you rather I remain on the bridge in case they attempt a surgical strike on you?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2015, 03:48:05 am »

Echo weighed the chances of damage if the enemy ship got too close. As a priest of the Machine God, he would try to preserve the Bounty's Machine Spirit to the best of his ability. As an enginseer under the employ of the Rogue Trader, he had to consider the most efficient course of action. Not well-versed in tactics, he delegated the choice to Maxwell. That would be the most logical way.

"I agree with the Fleshbag-at-Arms. What he says is true; the wrath of the macrocannons is inescapable." He paused, then added, "My lord." He picked up his dataslates and gathered his servo-skull and servitors. "If you want, I can oversee the macrocannons and ensure the Machine Spirits fight to the fullest extent."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2015, 08:19:25 am »

"In any event, the enemy shuttles will be landing soon. Shall I go and fight alongside the men, or would you rather I remain on the bridge in case they attempt a surgical strike on you?"

"Your trust in the words of pirates is reasonably appropriate in this case. As for the bridge, the innards of this ship are a maze to boarders and to top it off we have competent armsmen." The several armsmen in the bridge stood to attention when they were mentioned. "You can coordinate the men, I'll be safe enough here."

Spoiler: Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2015, 10:41:29 am »

Maxwell threw a sharp salute to the Rogue Trader.

"As you wish, my lord. The Emperor watch over you." With that, the Master-At-Arms gathered his equipment and moved to the closest shuttle bay where the enemy would soon board.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2015, 10:42:20 am »

"We have already discussed this, haven't we? Point-blank it is, even if we get boarded. If needed, we can disengage from boarding later, fire from our cannons, and then be boarded once again, by weakened crew.

"I can suggest focusing our augurs on them now that they have shown themselves. Explorator, would you lend your expertise? Officer of Etherics, the augurs are all yours."

"We need to learn about their hidden surprises and ship specifics, if only to let our gunners pick out the right targets. We might want to time the augury, though, if you think that it might arouse their suspicion - say, right before we fire our guns."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 04:44:41 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2015, 04:53:23 pm »

(To be honest, i did not. I will tonight. I have played a small number of RT campaigns,  but all the ship battles always ended up with me and a few others vs 20+ npcs)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »

Spoiler: Delay (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2015, 12:47:06 am »

(I should clerify that I will be taking the Rogue traders suggestion and staying with the cannon crew to bless their efforts and bring the God Emperor's wrath on our enemies. All hail the God Emperor.)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2015, 06:56:37 am »

((Ave Imperator. And yeah, I guess I'm bringing the ship to halt as planned, just cannot think of a witty way to phrase that at the moment.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]