Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Six, Finally; Waitlist Open)  (Read 6784 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Turn Four: Observations and Hypotheses

Sector A:

Bekter is unfazed by his failures with the microphone, and heads straight to the cafeteria to meet the scientists and guard looting the food. He finds the three of them working together to lift a large palette of soft-drink cans over to their growing food pile, and stops them to talk. "What are you doing with all this food?" "We decided that our best bet was to hole up around here until this all clears up, and we're gathering supplies". Harvey calls their plan into question. "Look, someone - or something - could break in here at any moment. If you want to stay safe, you've got to keep moving and get out of here. You can come with me". "Alright", the guard responds, "But it's your fault if we all get screwed" (9). The scientists seem to agree, and the three set down their palette of soda.

"Damn it!"

Callum Reaney, using his legs and free arm, shoves at the furniture with all his might. After a solid push, the desk pinning his left arm rolls to the side. Reaney easily stands up from against the wall, and finds that his arm is surprisingly unharmed after the incident (11).

Sector B:

Cion Traber, filled with a sense of manly power after his lucky gun discovery, begins searching the nearby hallways for something to shoot. He looks around, paces down the hall a little, and points his shotgun and SMG in various directions, but he finds nothing worth shooting at (7)

Administration:

"Ah, the particle accelerator. Yes, I was one of the few who advocated against it."

Wallis Brenlyn pauses for a moment to collect his memory. He thinks of all the experiments he authorized recently. Radiation-proof mayflies? No. Transparent concrete? No. Searching for the Biggs hoson in the accelerator? Maybe. He can't come up with anything definite, though (6). He snaps out of his memory search and asks Nielsen again, "You have a radio, right? Maybe can use it to find other people and group up". Nielsen adjusts the radio to the designated emergency frequency, and hands it to Brenlyn. "Attention, anyone getting this. This is Dr. Brenlyn speaking. I'm trying to form a larger group to increase our chances at getting out of here". He waits about ten seconds, before a garbled voice starts coming from the radio. Brenlyn struggles to make out what they're saying, and repeats himself more loudly. The interference does not die down, and the other person just stops trying (6). "Damn!", Brenlyn whispers.

Sector E:

Drake inquires with Drummond again. "Hm. That's unfortunate. Did that Thompson guy seem any more knowledgeable?" "Thompson did say that the area around the lab he's in seemed fine, so I doubt the disaster started in this sector, anyway. He mentioned doing some work in the physics labs, and they didn't seem to have anything weird going on. I'm thinking it started in one of those outer sectors. Space launch gone wrong, geology coring digging too deep, something like that" (9).

Riley Thompson grabs some all-purpose cleaning spray and soap. He habitually goes about cleaning up the spilled cleaning supplies, leaving them tidily back on the cart (9). He takes his radio and makes another announcement: "Stay where you are, lads, an' don't touch anythin'. On my way". With this promise, he consults a wall map to find the quickest way to the medical center. He discovers a good route along the side corridors, and quickly weaves his way through to the center (8).

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:52:04 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Hm. Annoying. Did you hear any orders for what to do?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find a bag and load it up with food and drinks then lead the troop to see whats taking Callum so long.

Using my radio order all security personnel to check in giving me location and situation immediately.

Once done recommend that they all go to the nearest security office and bunker down fully armed until I reach them and we can regroup 1 section at a time for security.

(( Everything is going to hell, the chief of security always dies first. ))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:56:23 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

keep walking along, keeping my guard up.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Player name : Alexandria   
Name : Alexis Kitty Wagner.
Class : Guard
Personal skills : Melee
Position : Sector B       
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 06:02:10 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Pop into the medbay and meet with Dr. Drake and Julian. "Right, mates, first thing I'd figure is it'd be unsafe to get on the train or anythin' like that. I can get us into the maintenance shafts between the major sectors, but y'might wanna grab a hard hat or somethin' before we pop off. No tellin' what could drop on us, I mean." Attempt to get the attention of anyone else alive and conscious in the medbay, other than those that I've already met. "Anyone else comin'? Don't s'pose they'll wait for too long at the assembly zone... wait, anyone know where we're meant to be headin' if shite hits the fan?" Attempt to recall vague knowledge of emergency procedures. Wish I hadn't gotten lost in a maintenance shaft during that part of the orientation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait, what's going on?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

"Don't ask me, but havin' heard what I have on the radio, I know that people've got 'emselves killed. I'd rather not stick around in a place where people're dyin', yeah?"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

"Bekter! wait for me!"
Try to keep up with the others, look for anything that could be used as a good blunt weapon.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Player name : Alexandria   
Name : Alexis
Class : Guard
Personal skills : Melee
Position : Sector B       
You're in, but as a personal nitpick I would like to request a last name for the character.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"Oh, I should've expected it won't be that easy. Thank you anyways, Mr. Nielsen."

Hand him back his radio. Suggest heading to Logistics in case there's supplies. Ask for his feedback.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're in, but as a personal nitpick I would like to request a last name for the character.
I don't think the Alexandrias ever have nicknames.
Sig

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name : Alexis Kitty Wagner.
I have no intention of letting you live this down. Or at least of Alexis living this down.
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol whats wrong with that name? Half the girls I knew in middle school liked being called Kitty.

" Well keep up and stop being an idiot then, we need to escape not investigate the roof!!!! "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7