Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7061 7062 [7063] 7064 7065 ... 10985

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13337264 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #105930 on: July 13, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »

No one likes Frank, he's as bad as Chad

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105931 on: July 13, 2016, 05:45:11 pm »

Nahnahnah nothing happened. No racist urls, just generally quite abrasive. I shall miss the frankness, though.
Not sure if it really counts as trolling honestly

Scrolling back though, looks like some stuff was purged. Did the offensive words thing happen here and get wiped? I forget.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105932 on: July 13, 2016, 05:55:32 pm »

Yeah there was a debate on whether using racist slurs could be done academically a while back, that has been purged

I think the precedent set is at least censor it if you're gonna do it academically, or don't say it at all
I guess it joins the list of things like Catalonian independence that is Bay12's can of worms to not be discussed

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105933 on: July 13, 2016, 06:12:10 pm »

I wonder if it's his use of the words, or the way he was a asshole about it when called on it. To be honest, I think the way he used the word originally was perfectly fine. Just the way he reacted to people being angry at him wasn't so good. The fact that it's flaming/trolling listed as the reason and not bigoted language makes me think it's the latter and not the former.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105934 on: July 13, 2016, 06:14:21 pm »

Agbgbl we should not be having this discussion.

@OW:Yep
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105935 on: July 13, 2016, 06:16:33 pm »

Why not? Talking about people who were banned is not against the forum rules. It's a bad idea if it's likely to bring up bad feelings or an argument again. However, currently everyone except you is managing to be calm about it.

Just take a chill pill and extend your relaxed state mate. Life is copacetic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105936 on: July 13, 2016, 06:25:18 pm »

So this person who I loved the videos of... Is STILL Being paid a lot of money to produce videos... that they don't make anymore.

And at first I was REALLY pissed at this person... but now I am just staring incredulously.

They aren't doing anything and the fanbase is TOTALLY fine with that and funding anyway.

At this point it isn't even false advertisement or lying... The person is clearly willing to sit on their butt and do the base minimum... and people will throw money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105937 on: July 13, 2016, 06:25:51 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105938 on: July 13, 2016, 06:41:26 pm »

Why not? Talking about people who were banned is not against the forum rules. It's a bad idea if it's likely to bring up bad feelings or an argument again. However, currently everyone except you is managing to be calm about it.

You do realize this whole thing happened like... 20 minutes ago, yes? That the thread was locked and 109 posts deleted? Err on the side of caution, brother.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105939 on: July 13, 2016, 06:55:10 pm »

You do realize this whole thing happened like... 20 minutes ago, yes? That the thread was locked and 109 posts deleted? Err on the side of caution, brother.
Exactly.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105940 on: July 13, 2016, 06:58:14 pm »

What are we being cautious of? Starting another argument? If that's the case, we might as well all log out and go home. Too much much bad joujou on the internet to never argue with people.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #105941 on: July 13, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »

You all are so silly paranoid over talking about banned people for no reason. You do remember the time there was literally an open campaign to get GreatWyrmGold unbanned, right?

You are literally trying to bunker down and not discuss a non-threat, we're not even on a forum where the owner comes down and bans people for talking about bans. It's like cowering in fear from a European social democrat because they might send you to an extermination camp for talking shit about them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #105942 on: July 13, 2016, 07:04:42 pm »

feckin' wols huv eers n stuf
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #105943 on: July 13, 2016, 07:08:01 pm »

If that's the case, we might as well all log out and go home
But OW, I am home.

EDIT: Anyway, actual WTF: While on the bus earlier today I passed an evangelical church (ok, I passed way too many, but this one stood out) whose logo is "the jews are the source of the truth". Um... are you sure you're actually christians?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:11:07 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #105944 on: July 13, 2016, 07:27:59 pm »

EDIT: Anyway, actual WTF: While on the bus earlier today I passed an evangelical church (ok, I passed way too many, but this one stood out) whose logo is "the jews are the source of the truth". Um... are you sure you're actually christians?
Jewish Church?
Pages: 1 ... 7061 7062 [7063] 7064 7065 ... 10985