Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 921 922 [923] 924 925 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2024178 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13830 on: October 06, 2018, 05:37:05 am »

The bright curse their short, miserable existence whilst the fools cherish their eternal youth.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13831 on: October 06, 2018, 06:37:04 am »

Of course.

Long live his cruel proud wroth paranoid imbecile harelipped nephew.
It was actually his lunatic clubfooted son.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13832 on: October 06, 2018, 11:41:07 am »

Fuck I had a spicy run in. My friend lost Lithuania to my heir, but my heir was going to unify my Kingdom with the Byzantine Empire. My friend assassinates my heir and I discover this, I'm at this point immediately livid as he just cost me the Byzantine Empire. He wanted Lithuania, but I meme'd him saying I wouldn't - in reality I would have given him Lithuania. He says that he's going to keep assassinating my heirs until he gets Lithuania, at this point I'm telling him that warning works before you start assassinating heirs, and is rather alike the Americans warning the Russians after they've already nuked the Russians. He continues to try assassinating my next heir, at which point I remind him that I have four more heirs with claims to every single one of his Kingdoms, and send 70,000 troops to take his land. When the troops arrive he is shocked I actually sent them via truce break, I say of course - you're killing my sons. He calls in our third player in the British Empire, and before long it's looking like the first world war.
After some intense diplomacy, we manage to negotiate a diplomatic solution, wherein I would leave Lithuania provided it was put under the protection of a Greek ruler, to protect all the Baltic Greeks. He would pay me 2,000 gold in return for the loss of my heir, while he would help me regain the Byzantine Empire. In actuality he married the Byzantine Empress and her heir to his heir the moment I gave him peace and withdrew my troops; when I delivered him the ultimatum warning him why I shouldn't destroy everything he has even at the cost of my Empire, he sent me a private message detailing how he had made the marriages to thwart the British Empire's own attempts to secure the Byzantines, and that our prior anti-British pact remained in force. He broke the marriage and helped me remarry, but Byzantine politics fucked all of that up. It's now a sheer mess, but he is correct - when we port into EU4, Britain will be too powerful, and efforts must be made to ally Greek and German to thwart Anglo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:43:00 am by Loud Whispers »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13833 on: October 06, 2018, 12:02:28 pm »

How does multilplayer even work in this game? With all the different realms  and the real time nature of this game I didn’t think it would even be possible.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13834 on: October 06, 2018, 12:05:33 pm »

How does multilplayer even work in this game?

Slowly and with many game reboots, unfortunately

With all the different realms  and the real time nature of this game I didn’t think it would even be possible.

No but jokes aside that is actually how it works. Everything happens in real time. Game time keeps going even while events are on your screen, so you better read quickly.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13835 on: October 06, 2018, 12:42:45 pm »

How does multilplayer even work in this game? With all the different realms  and the real time nature of this game I didn’t think it would even be possible.
It works extremely carefully in a state of deep trust and paranoia

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13836 on: October 06, 2018, 04:40:30 pm »

Multiplayer is when you discover both your true self, and the true selves of the people who play with you.

There's something different between getting owned by your friend in Overwatch 1v1 duel... and getting cuckolded by your friend as he seduces your wife, impregnates her, and defeats you in the duel you challenged him to. Also he convinced your own council that he's a better ruler of your lands than you are.

Edit: Also lots of desyncs. Lots and lots of desyncs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13837 on: October 06, 2018, 08:36:19 pm »

Multiplayer is when you discover both your true self, and the true selves of the people who play with you.

There's something different between getting owned by your friend in Overwatch 1v1 duel... and getting cuckolded by your friend as he seduces your wife, impregnates her, and defeats you in the duel you challenged him to. Also he convinced your own council that he's a better ruler of your lands than you are.

You forgot the part where your best friend does all that with a character picked at random while you min-maxed yourself into a god via Ruler Designer.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13838 on: October 07, 2018, 05:33:07 am »

Back when The Old Gods was new, me and a handful of friends played as the Sons of Lothbrok (well they did, I was "smart" enough to just pick that viking guy who holds Dublin at the start date) and it would be a beautiful conquest of the British Isles and Scandinavia, everyone being all chummy and allied, up until the moment the initial character dies off and gavelkind fucks up most of the realms, turning the previous familial solidarity into an insane patchwork mess where everybody has claims on everybody else due to the shared lineage, and it ended up with total viking war across the north

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13839 on: October 07, 2018, 09:02:40 am »

Ha, my friends and I tried the same thing!  We only got about 30 years in though before the desyncs got crazy.  Other people complain about the desyncs, but they were basically unplayable for us, and later got literally unplayable (new game couldn't successfully start).  We gave up like a year ago though, so maybe it's better now.

RPing as the Sons of Lobrok and voluntarily consolidating our forces was an interesting start, anyway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13840 on: October 07, 2018, 12:05:58 pm »

You forgot the part where your best friend does all that with a character picked at random while you min-maxed yourself into a god via Ruler Designer.
Oh yeah. It's always the guy who isn't even trying who destroys everyone else.

Like your character will die 5 years into the game, replaced by a regency, and his is immortal.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13841 on: October 07, 2018, 02:17:09 pm »

Oh yeah. It's always the guy who isn't even trying who destroys everyone else.

Like your character will die 5 years into the game, replaced by a regency, and his is immortal.

Dont forget the ol' "your bad luck is the same as good his luck", like when your heir to put your dynasty on the byzantine throne dies of plague and the inheritance goes to his heir's wife who he only married for the NAP or whatever
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #13842 on: October 08, 2018, 12:50:03 am »

Hey, it could be like reality, where somewhat forced abdication turned into "so totally a good monarch" after a generation or so.
You know Victoria 2? It would be a very interesting game if it was Elizabeth 2. That poor bird's been through a lot.....
Actually, a game of the old monarchs, the banking families, the industrial legacies, the corporate uprisings, alongside WWI and WWII, the depression, the rise of communism, corporate captilism, and the cold war, even into the post soviet era (cold war II: the revenge?)  would be very interesting. As a CKII'ish title.
Oooohhh, that would be fun.
Paradox, do that next!
(or grab another Wargame license off Eugine to do an Epic40k game, but kinda properly. Only kidding. Lol 😂)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:57:06 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13843 on: October 08, 2018, 06:35:39 pm »

I want to play this game, but the combat system annoys me

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile