Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: RTKEOAES, aka Necrothread the RTD (what is happening I don't know)  (Read 30938 times)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Going on a trip to the woods for 5 days - don't expect an update any time soon. Sorry.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

((Why not. Might as well waste my titanite now.))
Dwyn didn't exactly know how a forge was going to be used to improve a whip, but this was not his domain. If the smith said he could do it, well, that was that. He'd simply wait and see what the improvement was.

Dwyn hands over his whip and the blood sample.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dark Souls IV - Cloaked Person of the Abyss
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2017, 07:44:50 pm »

((Why not. Might as well waste my titanite now.))
Dwyn didn't exactly know how a forge was going to be used to improve a whip, but this was not his domain. If the smith said he could do it, well, that was that. He'd simply wait and see what the improvement was.

Dwyn hands over his whip and the blood sample.
u ass this isn't Dark Souls
"I, as well, have a globule of sandy blue blood. Is this enough blood to imbue my bone spear?

Request an imbuement for my spear
Erethus grins.

"This will work."

He takes the two weapons and places them in the bloodforge, along with the sandy blue blood. Nothing happens.

"Huh. This is... err... I think I know the problem!"

Erethus takes your weapons out of the bloodforge.

"This isn't imbuing blood! It's smithing blood!"

He returns your weapons to you and starts working with the blood, shaping it into a pair of round luminescent orbs. When he's done, he hands one to each of you.

"I forgot to mention this at first - weapons aren't the only things that I can make and imbue. Armor, trinkets, spells, and memories - physical manifestations of an experience - can be made with them. Please return soon."

Memory: Willpower (Increases the user's STR and END by 2 at the cost of 1 DEX and 5 red blood. Lasts 3 turns, has a 10 turn cooldown. User cannot retreat while this memory is active.) - This is the memory of a creature that refused to surrender when vastly outnumbered. It gives you strength if you stand your ground.

"I trust you with my weapon as you trusted me with your life. I am sure you will not disappoint me."
agreeing with the plan, he would hand over the halberd to Kien. He then turns his attention to the fellow knight following him.
"Deikos, I am undertaking a dangerous mission in hopes of bringing peace between us and Kien's people. I will not hold it against you if you do not agree with my sentiments, but I wish to minimize the bloodshed caused in this trip. If you wish to join me, stay your blade unless we are attacked first."

Deikos smiles grimly before pulling down the visor on his helm.

"I will do my best to assist you. Peace is something I too yearn for - if I must die to save the lives of hundreds, so be it."

Deikos nods to Kien, and the three of you set off. You pass the wall, and notice that the plains are empty - there isn't a sign that there was ever a battle here. You grow a bit uncomfortable - everything here is so silent. It seems like you aren't the only one who feels that something is wrong - Kien has his your halberd at the ready, and Deikos is resting his hand on the pommel of his blade. After what seems to be an eternity of silence, Kien finally speaks.

"We're coming close to a small village - it's guarded, but only little."

Sure enough, the three of you happen upon a small hamlet consisting of mud hovels and a few larger timbered buildings. Three cuttlefish man guards eye you as you enter. One of them stops Kien, and the two of them start talking in their language. After a long talk and an even longer silence, the guard shakes his head. Kien then points to Deikos, and talks in what you think is a menacing manner. Deikos, his face concealed under his visor, has a truly menacing look. He steps forward slightly, but otherwise doesn't move. The guard relents and lets you all through, shooting an angry look at you. After you're a safe distance from the guards, Kien turns back to you.

"He was... how you say, sush-pish-shus. We aren't have much time."

You briefly wonder what Kien said about Deikos that made the guard relent, but your thoughts quickly return to the task at hand. You continue through the village. Various cuttlefish people come out of their homes to stare at you. They seem to be a primitive people - they aren't the type who would wage war on their own, although a greater force could easily convert them into an army of expendable pawns. You make your way out of the village, and discern two structures in the distance. One of them looks like a small outpost or keep, built roughly from stone. Farther in the distance is a much larger castle-like structure that seems to be built in a body of water. You can only assume that the Lake Spirit resides there. You finally come to the gates of the outpost. Four cuttlefish people, each armed with pikes and clad in light bronze armor, stand at each side of the gate. They seem better trained and equipped than the cuttlefish men that assaulted the wall earlier. Kien again converses with them, and they let you in without batting an eye. I mean yeah they don't have eyelashes but you get the fucking point smartass You step inside. Kien whispers to you and Deikos.

"The only way to the Lake Spirit is through this gate - you will see soon."

The three of you proceed through the outpost. It's rather empty - the occasional cuttlefish man strolls by and, for some reason, salutes Deikos, but for the most part you're left in peace. You finally arrive at a long underground tunnel, lit with sconces. Kien looks at you.

"You both have go on alone. I am not allow further. Good luck. If you ever want exit, simply come back way you came, speak to nobody."

Kien shakes both of your hands, hands your halberd back to you, and goes back to the village. You and Deikos are left alone.

"Well, I hope there aren't any more cuttlefish men ahead, because I don't know a damn word of their language. Also, I suppose I'll take your halberd. You know, so you look like a prisoner and all."

You hand your halberd over to Deikos, and the two of you press on. A couple of cuttlefish men guards pass you, but they all just salute Deikos and move on. When you ask about it, he shrugs.

"I haven't a clue."

The two of you make it to a stairway leading up. When you ascend it, you enter a richly decorated yet small room, with a single arched doorway. Masterfully woven tapestries decorate the walls, and the stone here is smooth and finished, etched with intricate designs. You and Deikos head through the doorway and enter what appears to be a dining room. There are three guards here, two of which are sitting down on benches and sharpening their weapons. They're even more well equipped than the guards at the outpost - they wear heavy steel armor, chain mail, and a visored helm, and carry finely fashioned weapons. The one guard who isn't sharpening their weapon walks over to you. Deikos whispers to you as the guard approaches.

"What should I do if he asks me something? I don't know his language. If we get into a fight, we have to make sure it's qui-"

Deikos stops speaking as the guard draws within hearing range. The guard stares at you for a second, then turns his head to Deikos.

"What business do you have here? I'm pretty sure the prisons are back at the tower." he says, speaking fluently.

"Uh... well, this captive is... uh... very important. He knows... a secret passage around the wall! Yes, he know a secret passage. Around the wall. That guards the village."

The guards laughs.

"Yeah, yeah, quite funny."

Deikos says nothing.

"I get it. We know the secret passage already. Funny joke." says the guard, disinterested.

Deikos laughs nervously, but the guard just stares at him.

"Really though, what's your captive here for? Actually no, what's your name?" asks the guard, suspicion

"Oh, me? I, um, I'm Deikos."

The guard pauses for a second.

"I haven't heard that name before. Why are you here?"

Deikos pauses for a second. You're growing nervous, but you know there isn't much you can do.

"Here, let me show you."

The guard leans in as Deikos reaches into his belt. In a quick movement, Deikos draws his sword and drives it through the chest of the guard. He then tosses you your halberd and turns to the two remaining guards, who are now understandably charging you.

Spoiler: Guard 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guard 2 (click to show/hide)

"Greetings. I have need of information."

Approach the third, cloaked figure, ask the questions needed to learn more about the amulets, and blood.

Before you can even utter a single word, the cloaked figure stands up. They walk straight by you, seemingly ignoring you. You turn around to look at them when you notice that a piece of paper has slipped out of your hand and is fluttering to the floor. You grab it, and see a small sentence scrawled out on it.

not safe here talk outside when case falls

You scrutinize the paper looking for hidden clues, yet find not. Not safe to talk here? When case falls? The message is rather cryptic, but you wait at your table nonetheless. Sure enough, it isn't long until the person playing the lute in the bar takes a swig from their mug and stands up quickly, knocking the case for their lute onto someone's head. The confusion of the ensuing barfight allows you to slip away with ease. When you leave the tavern you notice the cloaked figure standing underneath the shade of a tree. You walk up to them, but before you can say anything, they begin speaking.

"I know who you are, and I know what you seek. You possess the Blood of the Ancients. I can tell you where the Blacksteel Amulets are - for a price, of course. Now, I seek the same ultimate goal as you do; I, too, wish to end the reign of darkness. However, I lost a rare and powerful spell scroll to a group of thieves and I need it back. While said thieves aren't exactly proficient in combat, they have the advantage of numbers. If you can distract them long enough for me to regain my spell scroll, I will not only tell you where the Blacksteel Amulets are - I'll help you get them."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Fair exchange. Lead on."

Head over to these thieves and aid the cloaked figure in their attempt to retrieve their scroll.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

taking the guard on the left (number one) he opens his assault with a quick swipe from his right with the blunt side of his halberd head, followed by feinting a swipe with the pommel and handle from the left and attempting to shoulder barge and shove them over.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Dark Souls the RTD (4/4, we even have catalysts)
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:30 pm »

Dwyn shrugged and pocketed the orb. Odd thing, perhaps good for chucking at someone later on down the line or bartering for something more useful. A refusal to retreat when the odds were impossible was a refusal to see reason in the face of fact- a folly which Dwyn had no intention of pursuing.

"I think, at this juncture, we have the option to either seek out our allies of circumstance in order to consolidate strength, or to strike out on our own to cover more ground. For my own candor, I would suggest going our own way. I doubt destiny will let us stay apart for long, and we might as well seize the momentary freedoms afforded to us."

Put forth the idea of a bit of independent exploration and profit to my scaled friend.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:24:15 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2017, 10:27:52 am »

Vinger pocketing the orb and inspecting how such a thing could imbue something with invigorating ones mind into becoming more resilient, and makes a reply to Dwyn suggestion

"If we want to be ago the exploring, than I remember some of the tentacle monsters to the southeast are valuable with precious red blood, maybe we could even acquire the sandy or the ones you can imbue with your weapons types of blood"

Suggest that if one wants to doing independent exploring for fun and exploring l, that we go southeast for the tentacled fiends

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fair exchange. Lead on."

Head over to these thieves and aid the cloaked figure in their attempt to retrieve their scroll.

The cloaked figure nods.

“My thanks to you. Call me Revenant. I suppose we should get going then, if you really wish to do this now.”

The two of you walk towards the mostly abandoned town, and you briefly wonder what the others the voice spoke to are up to. You suppose that it’s not really your concern - someone has to get the amulets. As you walk, your mind flits back to the blighted tree-creature that assaulted you upon your initial entry to the land. Perhaps that was connected in some way… (18) or no, it’s probably just another quirk of this strange place.

You’re startled out of your thoughts when Revenant taps you lightly on the shoulder and points to something.

“It’s my knowledge that the bandits set up their lair in the expansive cellar of this building.”

You look at the building he’s pointing at. It’s a rather small one-story stone building without any windows and only a single entrance. You notice a few barrels by the entryway, and you realize that it must be a Winery of sorts.

“I need you to make some kind of distraction. I care not what it is, as long as it draws out a decent number of the bandits and allows me to get inside undetected. Don’t worry about escape - that’s my specialty. Just keep them stalled for a while.”

You start to think for a second. Revenant sighs.

“Fine, fine, I can do it myself. Just don’t die. If you kill a few of the thieving bastards, that’s a plus, but I suppose it isn’t necessary.”

Revenant walks up to the entrance and knocks loudly on the large oaken door before ducking behind a barrel. When a rather musclebound bald man steps outside, wielding a mace, he sees only you. A couple of grunts stand behind him, scowling.

“Piss off, elf. Ye’ve got no business with us, n’ I’d hate to hurt you. Well, on second thought, I s’pose I could use a bit of practice.”

The macewielder growls and steps in your face. You growl back, and before he can even lift his mace, (20!) completely sever his head from his body. The other bandits, upon seeing this, start pushing their way out of the small door, armed with a variety of wickedly pointed, spiked, and hooked weapons.

Hey, at least it isn’t raining, right?

Spoiler: Human Bandit 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Human Bandit 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goblin Bandit 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goblin Bandit 2 (click to show/hide)

Revenant quickly slips inside the building and runs down a staircase. Hopefully he won’t take too long.

taking the guard on the left (number one) he opens his assault with a quick swipe from his right with the blunt side of his halberd head, followed by feinting a swipe with the pommel and handle from the left and attempting to shoulder barge and shove them over.

I’m just going to put the final numbers down for this turn instead of showing all the modifiers to speed things up. I don’t have too much time, sorry.
(13 vs. 13)

The guard narrowly parries your halberd strike. You use the momentum from your weapon rebounding to keep swinging it the other way. He tries riposting…

(12 vs. 10)

But you angle your shoulder just in time so that his strikes glances harmlessly off of one of your pauldrons.

(17 vs. 2)

The guard completely falls for you feint, losing his balance as you do a masterful feint. You take advantage of his distraction to charge at him…

(4 vs. -3)

And knock both yourself and the guard on the floor. Meanwhile, Deikos keeps the other guard occupied. While neither of them lands a hit on each other, you’re glad that Deikos is at least keeping the second guard from engaging you.

(3)

Just as if on cue, the second guard notices you sprawled out in a vulnerable state. He disengages from combat with Deikos, who is startled when he bounds towards you. He performs a quick strike to your right arm with his falchion…

(13 vs. 8)

Which you manage to deflect with the shaft of your halberd. Deikos takes advantage of the other guard’s distraction…

(19 vs. 2)

And knocks his out with a pommel strike to the temple.

+11 EXP! (Dustan Hache, Deikos) The guard pinned under you quickly surrenders upon his companion being rendered unconscious. You and Deikos engage in a victorious high-five, when you see a flash of movement above you. You look up, and see that a balcony overlooks the room that you’re in.

Deikos gasps.

Standing on the balcony is what looks to be a massive knight, wielding an impossibly large rectangular shield and a curved greatsword. He jumps down, doing a three point landing barely two meters away from you. Only then do you realize how impossibly large the knight is. Their shield alone is just about as tall as you. The knight is about two times the height of a grown man, and clad from head to toe in dark steel. The guard drags his unconscious companion away as the giant knight readies its blade.

Deikos shakily readies his weapons, which look like sewing needles in comparison to the knight’s armor.

Spoiler: Blacksteel Knight (click to show/hide)

Dwyn shrugged and pocketed the orb. Odd thing, perhaps good for chucking at someone later on down the line or bartering for something more useful. A refusal to retreat when the odds were impossible was a refusal to see reason in the face of fact- a folly which Dwyn had no intention of pursuing.

"I think, at this juncture, we have the option to either seek out our allies of circumstance in order to consolidate strength, or to strike out on our own to cover more ground. For my own candor, I would suggest going our own way. I doubt destiny will let us stay apart for long, and we might as well seize the momentary freedoms afforded to us."

Put forth the idea of a bit of independent exploration and profit to my scaled friend.

Vinger pocketing the orb and inspecting how such a thing could imbue something with invigorating ones mind into becoming more resilient, and makes a reply to Dwyn suggestion

"If we want to be ago the exploring, than I remember some of the tentacle monsters to the southeast are valuable with precious red blood, maybe we could even acquire the sandy or the ones you can imbue with your weapons types of blood"

Suggest that if one wants to doing independent exploring for fun and exploring l, that we go southeast for the tentacled fiends

Since Dwyn doesn’t object, the two of you set off eastward in search of fun, adventure, death, and blood. As the two of you stroll along, Vingar examines the orb. It’s about the size of a small apple, the same vermillion color, and pulsing almost as if alive. (2) Struck with a sudden idea, Vingar lifts the thing to his mouth and tentatively bites it. That turns out to be a bad idea - Vingar instantly shouts in pain, and drops the orb. It rolls down his chest until it comes to the area where one of his three hearts is (lizard man anatomical structure is strange to say the least), where it suddenly stops, despite the fact that it should be falling to the ground. It starts pulsing more violently. Just as the two of you think it’s about to explode, the orb rockets into Vingar and fuses with him. The end results leaves Vingar bewildered, stunned, and with the power to activate his very first memory (which he should place with his spells).

It isn’t long until the two of you are strolling along once more, bound towards the home of the tentacled fiends. It’s not that hard to spot - a giant purple cloud hangs over it, practically screaming “if u come in here im totally gonna fuck u up kid lol”. You know immediately when you’ve reached the boundary of the area - the normally green grass is dark purple and wilted, and fallen trees litter the area. The two of you bravely enter.

Almost immediately, you’re both assaulted by the oppressive mindfog that clouds the tall grass fields by the tavern. Although it’s disconcerting at first, you get somewhat used to it after a few minutes.

The two of you pace around searching for anything that fits the description of “tentacled fiend”, weapons at the ready. You a howl to the side of you, and see what looks like a large canine with wriggling appendages growls at you menacingly. Another howl comes from behind you - there’s another one there. As you turn around, it seems that there are five of these evil dog beasts are snapping at you and closing in.

Spoiler: Blighthound 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blighthound 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blighthound 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blighthound 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blighthound 5 (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2017, 02:41:32 pm »

despite being in danger of being slaughtered, he would seem to relax. He was not afraid of the giant of a man clad in black steel before him.
"I have no quarrel with you or your men. I merely want to meet and speak to the lake spirit. I was hoping to avoid bloodshed, not cause it. I request that you let us pass in the interest of bringing peace."
attempt to reason with the blacksteel knight*. Failing that, get ready to dodge it's first strike and try to sprint past it.
(Dat instant boss battle of nopenopenope)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:21:37 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2017, 03:19:47 pm »

despite being in danger of being slaughtered, he would seem to relax. He was not afraid of the giant of a man clad in black steel before him.
"I have no quarrel with you or your men. I merely want to meet and speak to the lake spirit. I was hoping to avoid bloodshed, not cause it. I request that you let us pass in the interest of bringing peace."
attempt to reason with the blacksteel sentinel. Failing that, get ready to dodge it's first strike and try to sprint past it.
if you think this guy is the blacksteel sentinel you're in for a treat
Oh, also
Shitty art alert

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2017, 03:22:25 pm »

attempt to reason with the blacksteel sentinel. Failing that, get ready to dodge it's first strike and try to sprint past it.
if you think this guy is the blacksteel sentinel you're in for a treat
Oh, also
Shitty art alert
Fixed. Just lined the names together and thought they were interchangeable. Also, top kek.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: RTKEOAES, aka Dark Souls the RTD (4/4, we even have tower knights)
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2017, 03:58:40 pm »

"Come forward, and meet your destinies."

Utilise hit and run tactics, attack the ones that get nearest to me, aiming for their legs in order to cripple their movement.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2017, 10:26:47 pm »

Bumpy bump mcbumper

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2017, 08:03:23 am »

"Be interesting to catch a few alive. I used to know a number of women who'd pay a fortune for anything with tentacles on it."

Defensive fighting with the lizard, use the whip to keep the dog things at bay and try to aim the snaps for their eyes (if any).
---

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2017, 08:06:25 am »

"It's seem like these fiends want to take a bite out of us, I'll show them what happens when they try that"

Take a few swings at the first incoming blightdogs who gets in the range of my spear. Try to strafe and move around during combat.

(I'll note it in my character sheet, but the stat bonus I choose is a +1 to Dex) Just calculated, didn't level up yet.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 08:11:16 am by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18