Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mythland - A Longlan Tale  (Read 1849 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mythland - A Longlan Tale
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 09:15:05 am »

((I didn't know about your Starfire, but the hints were pretty clear to this troper... ;)
Since it seemed obvious that she was going to change and be forced into the coven, I gave it a little push along to what I thought would help you. BTW, I made a little rewrite on the psych-up to make it even more bloodlusty, as if the influence was gaining hold on her without her even noticing; you might want to edit it in.))

BTW, what happened to the chain?

I forgot to mention it. It was still wrapped around your waist and the shackle was still on your anckle, but it has now been removed by the coven of crones/witches.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:24 am »

Stop struggling against the Goddess, it's obviously doomed to fail - and she'll break your spirit in the process. Probably every member of the coven tried to fight, and all of them lost in the end, but he wispy willow that bends might survive storms that topple the stubborn oak.

Instead of trying to resist, feel her shape, look for where she's most alike yourself, hide there and let her think she won.

You won't be your old self any more, you'll be changed... but one does not fight a Goddess and come off unscathed. Accept the price - until you manage to strike back and recover your body, and those important bits of yourself that you temporarily put in the knapsack.

Wait and bide your time, you're no dog to be tamed; remember... the wolf!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:15:01 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 12:20:49 pm »

Test our control over the body(as I'm not sure we can call it ours anymore)

You find that you can move your body, and that you seem to be the one in control now.

You are, however, tied down. It seems you have to wait to see what the leader of the Crones wants to do to you. She did say you were 'almost done' after all. This implies something more is yet to come.

Stop struggling against the Goddess, it's obviously doomed to fail - and she'll break your spirit in the process. Probably every member of the coven tried to fight, and all of them lost in the end, but he wispy willow that bends might survive storms that topple the stubborn oak.

Instead of trying to resist, feel her shape, look for where she's most alike yourself, hide there and let her think she won.

You won't be your old self any more, you'll be changed... but one does not fight a Goddess and come off unscathed. Accept the price - until you manage to strike back and recover your body, and those important bits of yourself that you temporarily put in the knapsack.

Wait and bide your time, you're no dog to be tamed; remember... the wolf!

You decide to stop resisting the taint of the goddess that these crones have been talking about. Instead, you focus on hiding what is left of your own, untainted personality. Be cunning, like the wolf. (Roll=5) You manage to retain some of yourself, by forcing yourself to think of your home, your family and what it made you feel. It is not entirely successful, and there is now a thorough feeling of disgust, hatred and apathy related to those memories, but you can still feel the love and safety you felt there.

You vow that eventually you will find a way to fight back and get back your mind and body.

The room is now mostly empty. There are two other young looking 'crones', or witches as you might want to call them, in the room. One is sleeping by the looks it and the other is writing in a small book.

You are still tied to the bed.

What would you like to do?

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 12:41:55 pm »

((Can we read?))

Ask the crone about the book to break the ice. Ask her name.

Pump the crone for more information: ask what is supposed to happen, and if the crone would mind telling us about her own transformation.
Why did they pick her, was she specially chosen, or do they think she's special in any way? Will she get any powers?
Ask her more about the goddess, her philosophy, her powers, and her domains.
Ask about the coven. Who is the leader, how old is she, and how is the coven organized?
Ask her about the tree house and the lands around.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:35:41 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 02:35:08 pm »

((Can we read?))

Ask the crone about the book to break the ice. Ask her name.

Pump the crone for more information: ask what is supposed to happen, and if the crone would mind telling us about her own transformation.
Why did they pick her, was she specially chosen, or do they think she's special in any way? Will she get any powers?
Ask her more about the goddess, her philosophy, her powers, and her domains.
Ask about the coven. Who is the leader, how old is she, and how is the coven organized?
Ask her about the tree house and the lands around.
+1
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 [2]