Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 222403 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1560 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:09 pm »

Okay, we've got some characterisation for Ursula, courtesy of the ideas previously come up with and some Derm and I figured out last night. Also discussion about the 'social' system. Probably difficult to make it believable.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ursula characterisation

-Faking amnesia. Gambit pileup bites her in the arse some time later
-Pretends to wangst about past life, heel face turn later when she realises the issues she's caused by faking amnesia, big reveal to the party, shit goes down
-Morally strong. Angst caused by collateral damage to people, somewhat like Terra
-interactions are stilted and bad actor-y, main chars are convinced purely because it fits the 'dumb hero' archetype.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:01 pm »

Was this done in the IRC?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:19 pm »

Certainly was. Also, Darvi, that looks good. :D

I'm in IRC now, probably not for much longer. We do need to come up with a plot, and characterisation for the other characters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: January 25, 2013, 10:01:39 am »

Certainly was. Also, Darvi, that looks good. :D
My brother suggested I make a microcline sprite for it too, as a Bug/Water type, but I don't feel comfortable putting the pron into the pokemans.

So Ursula essentially plays the hero because it's expected of her, (because amnesiacs always will be protagonists or at least important allies) and she reallly wants to, but eventually evolves into a more or less genuinely heroic person? Possibly even taking the role of the main character of an NPC who was made to look like the protagonist] [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUnchosenOne]up to that point.

As for the relationships, any decision made in-game should have an effect on them. Because decisions are based on a person's personality, and, while I'm anything but knowledgable on the subject of friendship, people tend to associate with others who have similar outlooks to them.

Spoiler: For instance, (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:12 pm »

let's assume that an evil sorcerer wants to kidnap a princess for whatever evil sorcerers kidnap princesses for.

If you understood the hygene that was available for peasants back then and how hard they had to work in the sun.

You would sort of understand that if you wanted a beautiful girl... the princess tends to be the best bet.

If he wants homely girls he can just pick the milk maid.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: January 25, 2013, 12:10:09 pm »

You make a valid point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: January 25, 2013, 12:14:11 pm »

Yeah... there is a reason why "Unwashed masses" is a term.

I am not sure where Evander Justice would fit there.

On that subject I am not sure where Evander Justice is, in terms of when he pops into the story now. Last I checked he was there rather early, but that may have changed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: January 25, 2013, 12:18:46 pm »

Yeah... there is a reason why "Unwashed masses" is a term.
You mean other than... what's the term again... the higher up's disdain for the plebes?

Not that it matters because, like many games, this isn't really set during a middle-age themed period.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: January 25, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »

I am aware they washed. Have you ever spent a month without bathing? It isn't pleasant! your skin will crawl.

Yet you arn't going to get the daily buttermilk baths, sheltered by the sun, and taught in being a great person to be around Princess out in the fields.

this isn't really set during a middle-age themed period

True.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:25:01 pm by Neonivek »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: January 25, 2013, 12:23:46 pm »

Actually they really fucking loved bathing in the middle ages. Apparently. According to online comedy writer Steve.

Cleanness is next to godliness and all that.

Then in the 1500s Syphilis came about and put an end to all that. Doctors said that bathing would open your pores and therefore increase your chances of catching the Pox, the clergy said that Syphilis was sent by god to punish man for his immorality, oh, and linen clothing became available, so people didn't have to bathe as often (linen is easier to clean than wool).

Yet you arn't going to get the daily buttermilk baths, sheltered by the sun, and taught in being a great person to be around Princess out in the fields.

If you're an evil sorcerer you might as well aim high, right? And only the Queen is higher than the royal princess. Actually, why aren't Queens kidnapped more often in games? Is it something to do with the romantic angle?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: January 25, 2013, 12:25:04 pm »

If you're an evil sorcerer you might as well aim high, right? And only the Queen is higher than the royal princess. Actually, why aren't Queens kidnapped more often in games? Is it something to do with the romantic angle?
Dude, have you even seen a non-evil queen in fiction?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: January 25, 2013, 12:26:21 pm »

Actually, why aren't Queens kidnapped more often in games? Is it something to do with the romantic angle?

Why is Princess Peach not Queen Peach?
Why isn't Princess Celestia, Queen Celestia?

Also it is because the Princess would be a Virgin. You also have to be a virgin usually.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:46 pm »

My guess is that princesses secrete something called "princess dust", which is like pixie dust, but prettier.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: January 25, 2013, 08:21:07 pm »

Just to point out, a while ago I did outline a bit of a plot over a couple posts, later quoted into one.

I'll see if I can find it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 111