Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 740546 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #16260 on: February 12, 2023, 05:22:25 am »

Our military is exhausted. We need more than just one year to recover. Let's be the better men and offer peace - C

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: February 12, 2023, 05:24:18 am »

C

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: February 12, 2023, 08:07:45 am »

If our involvement is ever discovered, they'll unleash hell on us. Just sitting by idly and waiting for that moment as tens of thousands of their citizenry is dead is a bad idea. We better prepare, just in case.

B
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:10:16 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: February 12, 2023, 09:46:16 am »

I’m re reading to catch up, but just incase you guys are making any giant mistakes with ally’s right now

The dwarves have historically always fucked us over

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: February 12, 2023, 11:10:05 am »

Going to say that the Damdamians have suffered a severe setback – but with their large empire it is only a setback.

A follow-up attack is what gets them thinking it's a disaster. In particular, if we can put down the professional soldiers while the raw numbers are more even and they have neither modern weapons nor genius commander, it could drive a wedge between the military wing and the religious zealots. If we wait, they'll reinforce and we're back to fighting 2+ to 1.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: February 12, 2023, 03:40:53 pm »

B Lets give it some time and hope the moderates and zealots destroy eachother in the process if we attack now it is quiet likely they will put any internal conflicts on hold just to kick our butt. Im also content with option C although I see no reason why they wouldn't just try to attack us again in the future if they end up recovering from the current disaster mostly unscathed especially if the zealots end up winning the almost inevitable at this point civil war.

Remember when deciding on things its always a good idea to try to put yourself in the enemies shoes for how they would react.

Edit: Also remember that one of the reasons we did the assassination like this in the first place is cause the zealots really dislike fireblood if we attack now they will still be using it but if we wait a year its entirely possible that the stuff is entirely banned by then as a form of political compromise to avoid revolt.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 03:48:51 pm by Fluffe9911 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: February 12, 2023, 04:47:48 pm »

C A part of me wanted to wait, but since this is a holy war, I think it might benefit us greatly if we undermine the religious authority by pointing out the hypocrisy of dabbling in fireblood heresy.

Damadia is massive. We will not be able to conquer them. Either we find a diplomatic solution to this holy war, or we stay on the defensive forever.

Actually, option D: Have Eldrican talk to the damadians, would be even better.

He’s officially neutral, but a faithful worshipper of their god. If we convinced Eldrican to argue on our behalf instead, he could send a few letters expressing his outrage at this loss of life due to their dabbling in heretical arts, as a well as a few words expressing his fears that the war has caused the damadians to lose their way. It may convince the damadians that this holy war is taking them down the road to hell, and the only way to return to their god’s good graces would be to stop.

Of course, Eldrican may not actually feel this way, but he may be persuaded to think differently if we give him a good enough offer.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: February 12, 2023, 10:15:34 pm »

What is our offer of peace anyway? A white peace im assuming?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: February 13, 2023, 11:11:59 am »

If we won't be preparing while doing C then my vote is B. I'm not really sure if they're both mutually exclusive, I'm not sure why we wouldn't prepare in case peace talks fall through, but I'd rather be as recovered as we can be. Eventually they'll lose to much to keep up their cohesion, this is a crusade of multiple nations after all, and either weaken or be forced to quit. While our own nation has, being the defender in a blood thirsty crusader by a foreign invader, has every reason to keep fighting despite loses. I know Haspen takes stuff like that into a account, since that happened to one of the Yoes back when we were the Kingdom of Methiant. While we were either trying to conquer Cydwyl or Pars, at least I'm pretty sure I remember the Officer Rebellion being during one of our wars with them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:15:40 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

S1lentWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • S1lently Wandering
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: February 16, 2023, 04:33:12 pm »

Just spent most of this week binge-reading this entire thread. It's been... I won't say it's been a good experience, but it sure has been an experience. Saw this quote around 800 and thought "yeah, I gotta agree with Haspen on this one"

* Haspen vuvuzelas.

800 pages of this madness already. Pity the fool who one day decides to join and tries to read it from beginning!

Anyway, I'm recommending C. Strike while the iron is hot. Or rather, while it's a bombed out shell of what it used to be. I'd rather we obtain peace now, than wait and learn from experience that their empire/republic/commune/whatever Damdamia is calling itself these days has a finite-but-arbitrarily-large supply of Martial Leaders, Soldiers, and Fireblood Units. Given its size on the maps, from what I remember, it's probably got more Martial Leaders than we have soldiers. And they're motivated by their faith, so they're not going to slow down until the entire army's been put through the meat grinder. Better to push for peace while they're reeling, than after they have a chance to regroup.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: February 18, 2023, 05:36:20 am »

a
bbb
cccc

You announce that enemies-in-mourning will be offered peace.

There's some grumbling, especially amongst the officers and soldiery-minded officials.

1218 AD, Mid-Autumn

2to5, 2to4

You receive a note from the Treasurer; the springwine brought the usual profits, while glassware sold solidly.

1218 AD, Late Autumn

The emissary sent to Rucus to discuss peace with Damdamians has returned.

"My liege! I bring good news?" He says, sounding rather unsure.

"What are those good news you speak of?"

"I have spoken with the general in charge of Damdamian forces in Rucus, which are busy rebuilding the city of Koral. His name was Multus Platius. The Damdamian Senate is willing to make peace with Methiant, if we provide ten years of tribute to the Rucusians who suffered the most in this war." Your court bursts out into murmur, groaning and angry shouting before the Advisor brings order to it.

"Ten years of what tribute?"

"A moderately reasonable* amount of tribute, my liege. From what I've heard from amongst my fellow men, our glassware brings us more money than the Damdamians demand of us." The mood of the court again flares, but the angry shouting is quieter than murmur and conversations.

Again, the Advisor has to slam the iron ball against his seat to quieten your officials.

A) "Outrageous!! Bring me the Marshal, we have a war to discuss!"
B) "Go back, these terms are not satisfactory! Get me a better peace deal."
C) "That is fairly reasonable. Agreed, we can swallow this bitter drink of tribute."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 05:39:35 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: February 18, 2023, 05:46:04 am »

B - They have already received tribute, at the end of Methiant blades. If they want more they can come and get it, otherwise leave us alone.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: February 18, 2023, 08:32:17 am »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: February 18, 2023, 09:02:53 am »

C
More negotiations will not produce more concessions; the Senate can be almost as difficult to appease as the Emperors of Methiant, if you can believe such a thing possible.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: February 18, 2023, 10:03:23 am »

C
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087