Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 963902 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #5880 on: August 22, 2016, 04:05:39 pm »

God Emperor is from Central Anatolia, while the Donald is another thing we can blame on Germany. Checkmate cultists.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5881 on: August 22, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »

Fools, Erdogan is not the Emperor, it is none other than Gocek Melih from central Anatolia

Is he trying to get people to respect the spehss mahrin by stealth?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5882 on: August 22, 2016, 08:33:07 pm »

It's not really good to be honest, I am not good at colouring. And is it menancing? Eh, it looks like Tau...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: August 22, 2016, 09:07:01 pm »

Not quite. There are Tau who engage in melee combat, other than radicals like Farsight, and that's Ethereals. In fact, honor blades are the primary weapon of Ethereals, when they do fight.

There are two basic approaches you can take to that. Either the Kot Theorm, which states that Tau are mind-boggling hypocrites who will accept anything they normally disagree with as long as the Ethereals do it, or the Rollpgeek Theorm, which states that the Ethereals are exempt not because of their status but because of the artistic grace and skill of honor blade combat.
What da fuq you talkin about?

Ethereals are 'exempt' because they're an elite class, much like nobles were 'exempt' from not having to learn to duel. They aren't supposed to use it in the field. It's ritualized and shit.

Tau don't have some sort of mandate against learning melee combat; they just see it as a waste of time when a. they could be learning to use their tech instead and coordinate, b. They're shit at it anyway, c. They have auxiliaries, and d. if the enemy reaches you then you've already fucked up and would be better off getting thehell out of there.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: August 22, 2016, 09:16:48 pm »

You see? I try so hard to be a filthy weeabo and it just doesn't happen. The Tau are unpleasable, and as a result will surely wipe themselves out in internal fighting.

Second Mon'tau when
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5885 on: August 22, 2016, 09:20:50 pm »

They're shit at it anyway
What a glorious day for Imperium it is, Rolepgeek actually wrote something about Tau that made sense. :)

I spent time on that Tau battlesuit, someone notice it please ;-;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: August 22, 2016, 09:29:30 pm »

To be fair, the IG is just as shit at melee too Kot :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: August 22, 2016, 09:30:50 pm »

Do the tau have somethin' against good ol' cybernetics? If they really needed some tau facekickers that sounds like it'd be the way to go. Know GW probably wouldn't do it just to maintain army theme and whatnot, but you'd think they'd have a pretty easy time of leveraging that technology into a melee advantage. Cybereyes fix the base problem, various augs jack the physique to something competitive, so on and so forth. Wear the combat enhancement suite on the inside instead of as a suit. Then you wear the suit, too, and get to punch anything that breaks your mech to death. Not sure if there's a better ambush than hiding your anti-titan inside your anti-tank :P

Or at least turn some kroot into T-1000s or somethin'. Not sure how that'd work with the whole omnom thing but I'm sure they could figure out some way to leverage a set physical form being optional.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: August 22, 2016, 09:36:19 pm »

Eh, if you want tau punchbots they already have a weapon for that on their XV8s. Actually pretty good too since it's practically a faster powerfist.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: August 22, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

Cyberkroot sounds awesome.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5890 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:38 pm »

Eh, not really, they're all issued with bayonets and belive me, Emperor does guide their bayonets.

Cybereyes fix the base problem, various augs jack the physique to something competitive, so on and so forth.
The base problem is not their shit eyesight, that's just part of the problem. They have shitty reflexes by nature. Think of it as deer (not the best equivalent but I can't think of anything better now), when one hears/sees something out of place, instead of INSTANTLY RUNNING THE FUCK AWAY, it raises it's head up and stares for a while judging what is going on before RUNNING THE FUCK AWAY. Tau do posess great sense of smell, though. As I said, Fire Warriors are already at peak and equivalent of your standard Guardsman so they don't really see a point in making one better, because what would it fight? Astrates? There is not enough space in a Fire Warrior to get augs to fight that. Orks? Same thing. Tyranids? I guess, kind of, but why the fuck would you ever want to be in melee with Tyranids as ANYONE? Eldar? Superior reflexes anyway. Necrons? Uh, no.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: August 22, 2016, 09:52:16 pm »

Eh, not really, they're all issued with bayonets and belive me, Emperor does guide their bayonets.

Faalse. Panic guides their bayonets.
Although sadly enough they are exactly one shit less shit than tau in melee.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: August 22, 2016, 09:55:24 pm »

You make space, man. You make space. And tech the reflexes like you tech the eyes. Cyborg supremacy, etc., etc.

Or just use the kroot. Or vespids, or whatever. I'm sure if nothing else bug people with laser eyes is a worthy goal.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5893 on: August 22, 2016, 10:08:07 pm »

But... why?
Tau do not run on the rule of cool, Tau run on the rule of uncool.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: August 22, 2016, 10:10:47 pm »

Transtauism is contrary to the Greater Good. Probably.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 824