Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1274664 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #1380 on: September 19, 2013, 11:53:09 am »

If she's over 9, this might work:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If she's younger, you might want to make her a few pixels shorter, instead.  Try to reduce the arms/body and the legs by the same amount.

At that resolution, you might also consider working without outlines.  Doing an image search for childrens' clothes might help you get some ideas for gendered clothing, which should make up for the lack of gender dimorphism in children.  Even for older children and adults, clothing is made to fit differently between genders.  Things like shirt buttons and belts also overlap differently.  Female clothing is right over left, but male is left over right.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 19, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »

I'd say she needs shortening in both body and legs. The bottom of the shirt I think needs editing because it makes it hard to tell what perspective shes being viewed from. Also make head rounder somehow?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 19, 2013, 02:33:56 pm »

1: It's kinda hard to make an area seem dark. There are varying shades here (Not much shading on the character however) with the darkest being (Obviously) total darkness. However, I tried doing a backdrop and it doesn't work well with tiles. Should I just get rid of the backdrop or try something else with it?
Tried reducing saturation for the shaded areas as well as value?

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 19, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »

1: It's kinda hard to make an area seem dark. There are varying shades here (Not much shading on the character however) with the darkest being (Obviously) total darkness. However, I tried doing a backdrop and it doesn't work well with tiles. Should I just get rid of the backdrop or try something else with it?
Tried reducing saturation for the shaded areas as well as value?

I don't have good experience with changing saturation to brightness. Here is an awesome tutorial for pixel art shades, taking the "with brightness the hue should change a bit" approach.

http://kiwinuptuo.deviantart.com/art/Pixel-Art-Tutorial-Colors-184802567
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 19, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »

Tadaa.

Ready for filling, finishing, and paint.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:12 pm »

Ever wondered just how big the planets are that dwarf fortress generates?

I did some math today.  Turns out, they are 1/60.75 the size of the earth, when the estimate of 1 square meter is given for 1 play tile in fortress/adv mode, and when more or less riggorously examined for the degree of insolation using the temperature data from legends mode as an analogue.

Wondered how big a large region is compared to the planet? Approximately 1/8 total surface.

Here's what it kinda sorta looks like, forcibly mapped onto an appropriately scaled sphere.
Spoiler: 2mb image file! (click to show/hide)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 19, 2013, 10:13:36 pm »

Tadaa.

*snip*

Oooh that looks cool. What is it going to be?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 19, 2013, 10:20:09 pm »

Ever wondered just how big the planets are that dwarf fortress generates?

I did some math today.  Turns out, they are 1/60.75 the size of the earth, when the estimate of 1 square meter is given for 1 play tile in fortress/adv mode, and when more or less riggorously examined for the degree of insolation using the temperature data from legends mode as an analogue.

Wondered how big a large region is compared to the planet? Approximately 1/8 total surface.

Here's what it kinda sorta looks like, forcibly mapped onto an appropriately scaled sphere.
Spoiler: 2mb image file! (click to show/hide)

Wow. That's big. I did some maths a while ago and got the result that a large DF map was roughly the size of england, which seemed right-ish. I trust your maths more. That's cool.

~

Tadaa.

*snip*

Oooh that looks cool. What is it going to be?

A cosplay prop for my GF (from homestuck). The top bit... linked a random kinda crappy image but you can get the point. (See previous pages for the staff bit)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:24:48 pm by acetech09 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:58 pm »

Well, given that the DF planets work out to being 1:60.75 scale that of the earth, based on the wildly smaller sphere radius I computed for all the other data being fed in, it being about the size of England is probably about right.  The earth is amost 61 times bigger!

Next up on the list of todos, is to derive what kind of star the system needs, and how far away it is.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 20, 2013, 12:53:29 pm »

Clouds! Clouds forever!

I'm satisfied with these, so I'll have to decide whether I want thunderstorms in there or if I just want to move onto the landmasses.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 21, 2013, 06:32:27 pm »

Spoiler: "Pants are for elves" (click to show/hide)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 21, 2013, 06:36:31 pm »

He's quite cross-eyed, holding a mug and an axe, and most notably not wearing pants. Must've been one hell of a night.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 21, 2013, 10:29:42 pm »

He's quite cross-eyed, holding a mug and an axe, and most notably not wearing pants. Must've been one hell of a night.

Did you not notice him having two mustaches? He seems to have two mustaches. Other than that he looks like a typical dwarf.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 21, 2013, 10:38:50 pm »

Did you not notice him having two mustaches? He seems to have two mustaches. Other than that he looks like a typical dwarf.

I thought those were his lips... but NO this isn't a standard dorf. He's holding a wooden mug. As we all know, only stone mugs are useful, only for selling to traders. Unless this is an off-duty axedwarf hauling a wooden mug from the siezed elven caravan, I'd say this is a pretty special occasion.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 21, 2013, 10:40:23 pm »

Ready for painting the eyes (might have to have gf do that herself, somehow. I'm rubbish with that kind of stuff), then lacquering. Nearly done.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:17:12 am by acetech09 »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 845