Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1280190 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #5115 on: June 26, 2015, 07:58:45 am »

I have this peculiar combination of terrible self-esteem and a dap of perfectionism, so while i will work on something until i think it looks right, my expectations really aren't high at all, and therefore am i frequently positively surprised by the end result. :v

oh yeah also
See, I don't get that because my art quality takes a massive dip when I'm frustrated.
Anger and all its cheeky cousins (which includes frustration) have a tendency to ruin your focus and higher thinking, so naturally this makes drawing harder (unless you're at a "i can do this without thinking" skill level, in which case i'll consider you to be magical), as well as pretty much anything that doesn't involve hulking out and smashing. Ever heard a sensible debate between two angry people? :P

Also, i don't think it's as much about the intensity of emotions as it's about being in touch with them. I know at least one guy who says he's rather disconnected from his emotions, while i personally feel more like i'm haplessly floating around in the River of Feels. It's possible that i'm one of those HSP people, but it's also possible that i'm not. In any case, a strong connection to your emotions is typically good for "artsy" drawing, while the opposite is good for technical drawing. Of course, they're not mutually exclusive, and neither is impossible to do for anyone. IS IT NOT NICE?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: June 26, 2015, 12:13:19 pm »

It's got to do with emotions, atleast for me, like, the more intense they get the more easily will I switch to channel that shit onto paper mode. Now, this doesn't always result in something good, but more often than not I've been told that my best stuff came from these moments. It's kinda unrelated that most of my stuff is dark and depressing because I can do just the same with happy emotions, it's just that those have been somewhat more rare, and when they're intense I'd rather savor them while they last instead of throwing them out onto a piece of paper.
Though obviously, there's more to it than that, and certain styles and mediums lend themselves much more to an emotional approach than others.

In any case, here's something I've been noodling on for the past couple of weeks, it's been quite the piece for me and one that I've spent a relatively large number of hours on(alteast compared to most of my other stuff). It's gotten to the point that I'd call nearly finished, got some finishing touches to do, think up a proper background and fiddle with the various settings to make it look neater.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The idea for this came after I saw something similar in the shapes James Zapata was doodling during his demo at IFCC. I sketched it out several times but it just kept nagging at me to do it properly. In the end it deviates a lot from the original one but I don't think that's bad honestly, it just leaves me room to approach the idea again in the future :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: June 27, 2015, 11:51:35 am »

My 8 minute Drawception effort (2 minutes of googling).

Maybe not my best drawing, but the one I felt I did best under time pressure.

Caption was: "2 men point guns downwards." Glad I bothered to challenge myself with MIB, though the proportions never finished the process of becoming less horrible.
One wheel short of a wagon

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: June 27, 2015, 01:56:14 pm »

i recently started playing DnD, 5thEd. we don't play with miniatures but i thought it might be fun, so i went ahead and made our PC's

Made with wire, bandage tape, cork, tinfoil, a tin cupcake cup, toilet paper and other random bits of trash. i sculpted the faces of the chtulu worshiping warlock and half orc barbarian in a tiny bit of fimo. For the half-red-dragon priest of tempus i butchered a dinosaur
after i realized they were too big, and i couldn't do them so detailed or i would have trouble sculpting hordes of baddies and npcs, i tried a different approach
it's exam season now, though, so they're on hold for a while

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: June 27, 2015, 04:52:32 pm »

i recently started playing DnD, 5thEd. we don't play with miniatures but i thought it might be fun, so i went ahead and made our PC's

Made with wire, bandage tape, cork, tinfoil, a tin cupcake cup, toilet paper and other random bits of trash. i sculpted the faces of the chtulu worshiping warlock and half orc barbarian in a tiny bit of fimo. For the half-red-dragon priest of tempus i butchered a dinosaur
after i realized they were too big, and i couldn't do them so detailed or i would have trouble sculpting hordes of baddies and npcs, i tried a different approach

Pictures! Of things! Recycling at its finest! Good work! Exclamations!
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: June 27, 2015, 10:55:50 pm »

I went to draw a dog for a project before realizing I didn't actually know how to draw dogs. So that's what I'm working on now.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: June 28, 2015, 01:09:39 am »

Sorry for bad phone quality again. Really quick doodle of a corporate alien marketing his toothpaste.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5122 on: June 28, 2015, 07:06:34 am »

Wow, so many good things and only one comment spared for them. CAN'T HAVE THAT, NO SIR!

Spoiler: COMMENTS FOR ALL (click to show/hide)

There we go. Y'all can't feel left out now. :v

in other news, i doodled an Eversion-related comicthing

Not exactly my best performance re: lines, but eh, i was tired and lazy. I just KNOW i've seen the close-up face of Zee Tee somewhere else, but i can't figure out where my brain took the idea from. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: June 28, 2015, 11:31:19 am »

Thanks bro :D

And I have no idea what's going on in that comic, but I'm liking the eybrow action as always :D

And have some cloud studies I gone and did:
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: June 28, 2015, 02:01:28 pm »

Am I meant to see people?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #5125 on: June 29, 2015, 07:10:04 am »

And I have no idea what's going on in that comic, but I'm liking the eybrow action as always :D
Eyebrow action is my specialty! B[
Also those are some really nice clouds, and they kind of make me want to do cloud studies as well, because clouds are cool. At least when they're not EVIL.

but instead of studying diligently, here's a messy swordsnaek drawing

Perspective is all over the damn place, but eh, it's a rare kind of drawing from me anyways. I basically don't ever draw things in cool action poses, partly because i always mess up the eyes. :v (and now it strikes me that i missed the side lines of his right eye and IT ANNOYS ME)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: June 29, 2015, 08:04:13 am »

And have some cloud studies I gone and did:
awesoooome ._.
Do remember that clouds have fairly clear edges when the colors contrast. :3
This is awesome as much as all the other art here.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: June 30, 2015, 03:00:01 pm »

In the grimdarkness of the future there are only broken streets and places where houses should be. Also the streets glow for some reason.

I can take no credits. Like 90% of that thing is bugs.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: June 30, 2015, 03:06:30 pm »

What kind? Lices?
Are lices even bugs or are they shrimps.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: June 30, 2015, 03:06:57 pm »

damn those are awesome
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 845