Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1280067 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6120 on: December 11, 2015, 07:05:07 am »

You like landscapes Tiru?

Have a chinese guy being really good at them :D
I like! :D
It looks soooo nice from afar but so simple up close, but even up close... @_@ mmmh.

Thankies Jopax :)

Is this Photoshop? o_O Is your brush pack able to be downloaded? Does it work on the CS3?

It's Photoshop CC, but I'm pretty sure the brushes will work with CS3. You can find the pack these came from here.
ThankssomuchAraph!!! :D
Slow net here, so the page didn't load and I saw only price tags on the page, may try soon-ish, but thanks for the support ^ ^

Now I wish I had the time (and lacking anxiety) to do art well .-.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6121 on: December 11, 2015, 12:13:35 pm »

Alas, the best way to get better at dealing with anxiety is to facetank it (flexing beforehand may/may not be helpful), but thankfully, tiny little steps forward still count. Therefore, tap dancing might be the easiest form of locomotion in the storm of anxiety?? Also fun fact: The reason that i stick with black and white doodles so much is one part laziness and one part fear of screwing up if i go any further with it. You've seen my painty things, they are NOT proportionate with my line drawings. :v (or maybe they are, i frankly have no idea where on the spectrum i lie)

OH WELL, I DON'T NEED COLOURS, I HAVE...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

i like Mad Dummy
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: December 11, 2015, 01:06:32 pm »

Shook, if you used your black and white lineart as a base for your color art, I think you could produce something really great! There's no need to go for a painterly look when your linework already has such a crisp, sharpie-like look to it.

Also, nice Mad Dummy. :B

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: December 11, 2015, 03:39:37 pm »

I keep meaning to, but always forget. Shook, I think you might like this guy, or maybe find him helpful. He's really cool and generally does lineart stuff like you (though the subject matter couldn't be more different). He's just kinda crazy and does most of his work in MSPaint and with a touchpad :V

Anyways, here's a sneak peek at something I'm kinda working on when I can:

This is just a mugshot and there's like, a whole body and then some to go with it too, but I need to finish that stuff first :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: December 12, 2015, 01:32:52 am »

Spoiler: Test Skies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Final Sky (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sketch (click to show/hide)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6125 on: December 12, 2015, 07:28:01 pm »

Dude those skies are fantastic, how on EARTH do you even do that? My cloudy skies always end up looking like a bunch of floating grey turds, sometimes literally. :v
Sketch is looking swell so far, although it strikes me that the background engine on the front of the ship should probably be smaller, since it currently appears to be exactly as big as the foreground engine.

I keep meaning to, but always forget. Shook, I think you might like this guy, or maybe find him helpful. He's really cool and generally does lineart stuff like you (though the subject matter couldn't be more different). He's just kinda crazy and does most of his work in MSPaint and with a touchpad :V

Anyways, here's a sneak peek at something I'm kinda working on when I can:

This is just a mugshot and there's like, a whole body and then some to go with it too, but I need to finish that stuff first :V
he has to be crazy to be working with a touchpad

Cool stuff though, gonna keep an eye on him. Who knows, maybe i'll start being reasonable and try to learn from people who are better than me. :v
Also gettin' sum vague SHODAN vibes from that face, must be the glowing lines doing that. Do keep us updated, I AM CURIOUS.

Shook, if you used your black and white lineart as a base for your color art, I think you could produce something really great! There's no need to go for a painterly look when your linework already has such a crisp, sharpie-like look to it.

Also, nice Mad Dummy. :B
aw shoot heck thanks bro <3

Good point though, i guess there is a middle ground between colourless line art and full on paintings. I've done it a scant few times before, but it almost feels like cheating because of how easy it is when the lines are properly closed. Come think of it, though, i've been doing that with my sprites for a long time, so i guess there's no reason for me to not do it with regular drawings as well. :P
So, using MAD DUMMY as a... Well, training dummy, here's what i think i'll be doing some more of.

The only problem with it is that i'll have to actually close my lines properly if i am to apply colours easily. Poor fluffdog, almost none of its features have a continuous outline. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: December 12, 2015, 08:10:46 pm »

Good point though, i guess there is a middle ground between colourless line art and full on paintings. I've done it a scant few times before, but it almost feels like cheating because of how easy it is when the lines are properly closed. Come think of it, though, i've been doing that with my sprites for a long time, so i guess there's no reason for me to not do it with regular drawings as well. :P
So, using MAD DUMMY as a... Well, training dummy, here's what i think i'll be doing some more of.

Awesome mad training dummy :D you are really good at lineart AND coloring, reminds me a lot of Castle Crashers actually.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: December 12, 2015, 11:03:09 pm »

... Which is strange, given that mad dummy is black and white in-game. At least the battle sprite.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: December 13, 2015, 04:19:30 am »

This may be the best 2D shit i made.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:21:54 am by KillerHP »
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: December 13, 2015, 04:26:17 am »

My best recommendation, shook, on fluffdog, would be to complete the outline using the colours you want him to be.

Boom! Easy fill.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: December 13, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »

might as well post this here, too. it is a snake. behold, etc.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: December 13, 2015, 12:41:15 pm »

its better than your previous shit, yeah. you're improving!

that looks awesome. dummy! is probably my favorite track in the game

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: December 13, 2015, 02:31:33 pm »

I'm trying something a bit different, I made a schedule of sorts for my pixel arting (I am lazy, I need schedules) and I made 2 new pieces in the span of 2 hours today :D

My new stuff:

This is the FIRST time I've done any kind of landscape. And I kinda think it shows a bit, but you can't get better without starting with crap!

Kinda inspired by Draw-fee a bit, I call him Coff-e, keeping in line with my fixation of putting a dash and e at the end of cute things names.

I feel like I've improved a bit in the lighting department, and my linework has gotten even better. I still have a ways to go before I become an expert or anything like that, but man, you can't argue with progress :D

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: December 13, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

might as well post this here, too. it is a snake. behold, etc.

Bismuth Skinned Snake. Excellent, I like it.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6134 on: December 13, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »

That's not a cute snaek.
It's a nope rope. Danger noddle. It's scary. ;_;

its better than your previous shit, yeah. you're improving!
Honestly speaking, when it comes to Pixel Art, everyone has been there. I'm still crying when I see my pixel wars stuff. Not that I am good now, but eh.
Also, yes, I am too guilty of stealing others art early on, even if it was free to use and with permission. I'm shamed of that. ;-;
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 845