Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 845

Author Topic: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.  (Read 1280168 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Random Things you drew/shopped/made/etc.
« Reply #6555 on: January 31, 2016, 01:57:55 am »

@vastaghen12

Your colors are amazing! There's just the right balance of saturation to make everything vibrant without looking tacky. The color scheme's a winner and the armor detailing is great too.
Vastagh's colors are on point. I can think of some designs with too many damn colors (I do like picking on SEED).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: January 31, 2016, 02:14:34 am »

It shoots lasers, you can see it's inner workings, it's got a crystal in it, it's a rifle, it's sweet-o. This pretty much meets all my standards.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6557 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:44 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

s

That's pretty neat! Spheres are actually fairly hard to shade properly, especially in that kind of pearly/metallic way. I can't quite figure out where the light is coming from, though, since the light and shadow don't quite line up.

also yesterday was apparently not as good a sketching day as the one before that

I COULDN'T DECIDE ON WHICH WAY THE AXE HEAD SHOULD FACE JGREHJSGRFJHG
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: January 31, 2016, 10:31:23 am »

It shoots lasers, you can see it's inner workings, it's got a crystal in it, it's a rifle, it's sweet-o. This pretty much meets all my standards.

Yes! Nailed it!

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

s

That's pretty neat! Spheres are actually fairly hard to shade properly, especially in that kind of pearly/metallic way. I can't quite figure out where the light is coming from, though, since the light and shadow don't quite line up.

Thanks, and yeah I've barely done much with shadows, even traditionally. Working on it, though.

Definitely up. I will say without any forshortening, it looks like dragonguard is swinging it cross-body, like a death metal parade drill \m/ .
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Tatjam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: January 31, 2016, 10:59:28 am »

Made a mountain inspired by the surroundings of my fortress. Trees are oversized, they make the mountain look little  :P

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #6560 on: January 31, 2016, 12:38:38 pm »

Still waaaaaaaaaaaay taller than anything we have in Denmark, so it looks nice and mountainous to me. :P

Definitely up. I will say without any forshortening, it looks like dragonguard is swinging it cross-body, like a death metal parade drill \m/ .
aw yiss i picked the right direction (though i was originally thinking of making it kind of a sideways swing)

Also, it's merely a dinoguard, but saying that i don't have dragonguards in my headspace would be a lie. :v

Definitely up. If it was facing down, swinging it would be super weird. By that I mean that he'd be using the spike instead of the blade.

That sketch is amazing. I mean the one on the bottom right.

Also, Ima using ur greater snorgle borf and new year's pic for school. Uhm, just thought I'd tell you.
Hah, cool, that'd be one of the first times i hear of that. I assume you're using them as examples of lazy art? :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: January 31, 2016, 01:00:17 pm »

@cerapa

Very cool, man! If I might ask, what were you referencing to make that texture? I've never seen space like that.

Not actually a texture. It's generated from noise.
I can do pretty much anything with it, except anything specific. It's largely up to luck whether anything looks decent or not.

Didn't look at any referenes while making it. Just messed around until it looked spacey enough.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: January 31, 2016, 01:42:13 pm »

Drew another mage

Spoiler: Purple magiks! (click to show/hide)
Hey, you post on the Cataclysm forums a lot, don't you? I thought I recognized that artstyle somewhere...

Yes I do! I'm that Candlebury guy.

Vastagh's colors are on point. I can think of some designs with too many damn colors (I do like picking on SEED).
@vastaghen12

Your colors are amazing! There's just the right balance of saturation to make everything vibrant without looking tacky. The color scheme's a winner and the armor detailing is great too.

Thanks. I was not sure on the saturation, glad to know you like it!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: January 31, 2016, 09:58:32 pm »

Made a mountain inspired by the surroundings of my fortress. Trees are oversized, they make the mountain look little  :P
* Tiruin pff's at trees being oversized.
I live on a mountain (plateau) and I'll tell you, them trees aren't oversized. I'll even link a picture (once I get it...) to show the differences between tree up close, tree on that mountain next to your mountain, and tree on the far side of the next, next, next mountain illuminated by sunlight. It will be a nice photo but I'm going off tangent. :P

Just need a bit of detail here and variance of lighting in between that tree, and that mountain. That lighting helps perspective adjustment and 'oversize fun'.

I looooooooooooove the art that's been posted lately. You dudes are so amazing, and any newbies wishing to post their art would best post it as soon as possible! This thread is filled with constructive criticism! :-[

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: January 31, 2016, 11:39:29 pm »

A wizard's hat

I went a little more urban fantasy for this one, hope you don't mind.

Thanks again for the suggestions, all. I'll do it again sometime, for sure.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: January 31, 2016, 11:40:38 pm »

Niiiiiice! I can hear the clink of spurs and the clump of cowboy boots that scorch the grass they walk on.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: February 01, 2016, 12:04:25 am »

Spoiler: City on a Hill (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6567 on: February 01, 2016, 01:03:17 am »

A wizard's hat

I went a little more urban fantasy for this one, hope you don't mind.

Thanks again for the suggestions, all. I'll do it again sometime, for sure.
Looking at the crown [of the hat], the hat doesn't seem to be tilted forwards at all, yet if a human were wearing that hat, it seems you wouldn't be able to see his eyes. Unless you're supposed to wear it on the back of your head all jaunty like? I'm not sure.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: February 01, 2016, 01:36:09 am »

Looking at the crown [of the hat], the hat doesn't seem to be tilted forwards at all, yet if a human were wearing that hat, it seems you wouldn't be able to see his eyes. Unless you're supposed to wear it on the back of your head all jaunty like? I'm not sure.

You are correct. I drew the brim a bit too wide in the front and didn't put enough contrast on the crown's curve as I should have.

Here's the reference: http://www.kakadutrader.com/6hw35.html

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6569 on: February 01, 2016, 01:47:14 am »

You are correct. I drew the brim a bit too wide in the front and didn't put enough contrast on the crown's curve as I should have.

Here's the reference: http://www.kakadutrader.com/6hw35.html
Actually after looking at the reference I take that back; it seems fine. People who wear the hats just have to tilt their head back in order to see something that would normally be at their eyeline. But yeah the shading on the brim does feel like it could use a little something.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 845