Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 778

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 854321 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: forced restart edition
« Reply #2925 on: June 09, 2017, 08:11:46 am »

Money's money. Also, I just remembered that I'm pretty sure some dating sites offer exactly those services.

Source: Secret Life of Walter Mitty, the part where a guy from a dating site calls Walter and fills out his profile for him.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: June 10, 2017, 02:14:37 pm »

Being sick is sometimes bothersome.
Max avatar size is 80x80

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: June 11, 2017, 10:29:05 pm »

I have a very small blister (?) on my toe. Whatever it is, it's warm, whitish surrounded by red, and very sensitive to touch. Experimentally tried busting it, that only made it swell and hurt more.

God damn, I legitimately need a magnifying glass for all the painful things that happen to my feet and toes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: June 12, 2017, 02:45:40 am »

if the red surrounding it expands, and is like a circle, you might have been bitten by a tick carrying lyme disease. In that case, visit the doctor ASAP, to get it treated before it turns chronic.
Although I don't think toes are a usual biting spot for ticks, so it's probably not that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: June 12, 2017, 11:19:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Damnit. I guess this is just a Mild Sad because at least now I can spend that money on other, more pressing things.
I still really want one of those. I'll have to see if any of my friends have shipping proxies (or whatever they're called) set up in the US.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: June 13, 2017, 12:24:00 am »

Two Mild Sads:
1. There's something wrong with time synchronization on my computer. It seems to not update during the sleep or even when I play video games.

2. My mother wants to buy Prey, which is a game from Bethesda, and I decided to boycott Bethesda. Anyone knows how I can dissuade her from buying that shitty-ass game? I tried to talk with her about "voting with the wallet", but she seems to not understand that the rule extends to the publishers too, not just developers. We share the same account, if someone is curious why I don't want her to buy Prey.

Nevermind, we've come to an agreement: She can buy anything she wants on our old account, and she'll also have complete access to the games on my main account. Same for me having the access to the games on her account.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:44:59 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:04 am »

I've tried not to complain about my group projects this term because I gripes about them all last term, but I have reached my limit.

One of my group members can't use email. She literally cannot unless she's at home, where somebody probably foolproofed her computer for her.

The other can't add to Word documents. Never realized, in all the days we've worked on this, that she could open the document I sent and type her part after what I had written.

I think I can safely claim no fault for the fact it is now late.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

JBramhall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: June 13, 2017, 12:50:00 pm »

Nuked. Didn't see mildly sad thread...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:52:29 pm by JBramhall »
It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: June 13, 2017, 12:53:43 pm »

I've tried not to complain about my group projects this term because I gripes about them all last term, but I have reached my limit.

One of my group members can't use email. She literally cannot unless she's at home, where somebody probably foolproofed her computer for her.

The other can't add to Word documents. Never realized, in all the days we've worked on this, that she could open the document I sent and type her part after what I had written.

I think I can safely claim no fault for the fact it is now late.
Don't you need a PAID version of MSOffice to be able to edit Word files? Or does OpenOffice allow for docx editing / conversion now?
I wouldn't know, because I stopped using Word the day MS decided to make it PAID. You used to get a full version of Office with a new computer in my days, nowadays you only get a 30 day trial version that nags you to buy it and bombards you with obnoxious trial version popups everytime you want to open a simple doc file.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:56:11 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: June 13, 2017, 02:06:08 pm »

Libreoffice can open docx, it's what I save offline documents as. Besides, the school gives you a free Office subscription.

I don't use M$ products (besides Windows itself) due to the constant account nagging. I'm surprised I can even use my keyboard or plug in headphones without signing in to a fucking Microsoft account.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: June 13, 2017, 03:59:26 pm »

That. Was the worst rain I've drove through in, like. Three or four years. Points where about two car lengths ahead was a solid wall of white, possibly/probably less. Could not see shit for most of it.

The minor sad, though. Whoever the hell you were, three people with one person worth of umbrella between you walking down that sidewalk, that will probably never see this. I am so, so sorry. I couldn't see shit, and so couldn't risk changing lanes. Couldn't really stop, because my personal condition has been getting steadily worse all day and the sooner I got home, the less likely I was going to end up killing people (only reason I was doing it is because the alternative was someone even worse suited to be driving doing it). And the wake kicking up behind non-semi vehicles was generally about the size of the vehicle itself, except a time or two wider. So I probably drenched you three even worse, adding on to the sequence of such events you were being subjected to. Feel pretty terrible about doing it. All can say is sorry. Wish I could've seen a way to not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: June 14, 2017, 02:34:00 am »

Need to exercise and cook and stuff but ugh, I am so tired. x_x   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: June 15, 2017, 01:09:58 pm »

Trying to get to know the new roommate so she feels welcome and because I'm lonely in this city.

Its going pretty well but we have somewhat different perspectives that make it awkward.  She's said a few things that are vaguely offensive to me.  Like she said she heard the movie Split was pretty good and then got the mental illness of the villain wrong ("I think its bipolar disorder, or no wait... schizophrenia").  Then she showed me 3 episodes of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and while it was generally a good time the first episode I saw featured one of the main characters spiking a guy's drink with a date rape drug (for sitcom shenanigans of course).  I think if you're going to do black comedy like that you need to have a character react with horror or surprise show that, you know, even tho its happening its not normal behavior.  But eventually it was revealed what happened and even the victim wasn't bothered by the actual drink spiking itself.  The same episode also had a parody of pathetic college guys and one of the things that he revealed to show how pathetic he was an actual accommodation I got for a learning disability, so that was fun.

I mean I brushed it all off but the hangout was more awkward than fun.  I didn't talk much during the episode and I think my roommate may have caught on to that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: June 15, 2017, 04:28:35 pm »

Screwed up pretty badly on my guitar final because I'm exhausted, going to bed at 1AM and getting up at 6AM every day for weeks will do that. I'd practiced the songs pretty well but just couldn't make my fingers work. Also, somebody started playing violin in the other room, right in the middle of my song. That threw me off pretty badly.

Just got done doing three people's worth of work for one class, after the class is technically over. We had to do a little evaluation for our group members, and I honestly wish I'd given them all zeros and asked for three times the value of the assignment. Moral of the story: fuck people, be more vindictive.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: June 16, 2017, 01:58:14 am »

I'm reaxing a series of novels which are long and I'm liking them.... but they havesome TERRIBLE editing errors. Doss noone proofread this shit?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 778