Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7457 7458 [7459] 7460 7461 ... 8157

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8820015 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111870 on: October 26, 2017, 12:16:28 pm »

And I thought the college strikes in Canada were bad. We're going on week 3 and breaking the record time of the colleges being on strike.

What country are you from Arx? I'd assume US, but last time I did that, the guy was in Bulgaria
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111871 on: October 26, 2017, 12:57:59 pm »

South Africa. I love my countrymen most of the time, but they make it hard sometimes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111872 on: October 26, 2017, 01:22:10 pm »

Yeah, I knew you meant S.A. once you said Arpatheid struggle heroes.

But I know about idiots who think everything should be free.

One girl I met was a Bruce Cathie fanatic, he was this UFO nut in New Zealand who wrote some hilariously idiotic pseudoscience. She lent me his book, which was some pretty "good" reading. Pyramid-shaped table of the elements for a start. Don't trust the Man's "table of the elements" it's too "square". Chemistry needs to be triangular! But that's an aside, I could write a whole bunch about Bruce Cathies weird theories.

So this girl wanted "free electricity" for everyone via beaming it out tesla-coil style. I tried to explain to her that someone would have to pay for the generation costs, and that it would be less efficient since the energy would radiate out everywhere instead of being constrained to wires, and that it would probably be terrible for the environment (she wanted the energy beamed through soil. What about the poor worms in the soil getting zapped by AC current constantly?), but she wasn't having any of that.

Another guy, an artist who was living in the house next to ours said the internet should be free for everyone. I said "but what about the costs to run it". Of course that wasn't getting through to him. He just expected "them" to run it and it not to cost anyone anything.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:30:09 pm by Reelya »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111873 on: October 27, 2017, 12:32:01 am »

Having another mental breakdown today as I write this...

Realizing how shit my life has gotten and how much worse it's getting because I'm broke, still not in school because of the fucking strike (THREE FUCKING WEEKS NOW), friends seem to stop including me because I got busy and couldn't keep in contact with them as much as I could have (aka being a shit friend), saw pictures on my Facebook feed because I haven't been on in forever of me and my ex PLUS nothing but heart wrenching songs on the radio EVERY TIME I TURNED THE DAMN THING ON TODAY, and I've got so many financial problems right now, it's gone beyond its not even funny.

Only feeling depressed/hurt and now that I broke, it's turning to rage/hate/fury as my mom says for me to go back to rehab because she's convinced I'm doing drugs (SPOILER: I'm not and I never have). Plus she's telling me to just get over my emotions but she can't get past hers and instead drinks like a fucking fish.

I'm not suicidal, but fuck I wish I wasn't on this planet right now
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111874 on: October 27, 2017, 02:55:46 am »

Holy crap, the arcade game "Contra" is being turned into a movie and TV show now. That makes me sad since the real-life Contras were in fact evil nun-raping baby murderers. Being pals with the CIA didn't make them automatically nice guys.

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-03-08/news/mn-32283_1_contras

The most detailed report, issued Thursday by the International Human Rights Law Group, was based on 145 sworn statements from Nicaraguans who said they had witnessed 28 incidents of misconduct by the contras. "The documentation shows a pattern of brutality against largely unarmed civilians, including rape, torture, kidnapings, mutilation and other abuses," the group said.
President Reagan has lauded the rebels as "moral equals of our Founding Fathers,"

Most people don't remember that Reagan compared a band of fascists who acted like the family in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as being the moral equals of Jefferson, Adams, Madison and Washington etc ... Now they're going to get their own TV show ... smh.  :'(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:12:46 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111875 on: October 27, 2017, 04:11:37 pm »

Slept until like 18:30 today and now I feel awful and super shit at life and everything.

And can't get my modded Fallout to load either.
Love, scriver~

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111876 on: October 28, 2017, 10:32:21 pm »

Tonight I am mad and sad and I can't really pin down why. I can think of various reasons but they all just pile up.

Life is just so frustratingly empty. No matter what I do it's shit. No matter what I do I'm unhappy. No matter what I do I'm dissatisfied. Can't find any meaning, can't find any fulfillment. No matter what I do I'm alone.

It's just all so tiresome.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111877 on: October 30, 2017, 10:22:31 pm »

Had a good panic attack about being alone forever again this morning. Mostly feeling better, still lonely.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111878 on: October 31, 2017, 02:56:14 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111879 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:16 am »

If your school is anything like ours and/or has some sort of health councillor then they'd probably be able to help direct you to someone if nothing else. It certainly wouldnt be wrong to ask them if that was possible in any case.
Love, scriver~

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #111880 on: November 01, 2017, 06:58:06 pm »

the power has been out for the past 3 days and it wom't be back until saturday and it's driving me fucking nuts

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111881 on: November 01, 2017, 08:27:13 pm »

Holy crap, dude.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #111882 on: November 02, 2017, 07:18:20 am »

Yeah I'll probably go talk to them at some point if I feel brave enough.
Go do it. Counselors are pretty much a profession where you'd be spending at least 4 years to prepare for, alongside a licensure. That and they can refer you to therapists or otherwise, as competence and many other characteristic details are part of the profession. c:
Even if you are afraid--it's okay to show it with them. As a start, you'll be finding out a relatively okay reaction to how you act if you're nervous or apprehensive; you can sound off with others or your friends too.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111883 on: November 02, 2017, 07:56:57 am »

You know what's better than masked thugs? Riot police and masked thugs. I do so enjoy being nervous of going outside because I have literally no idea what on earth might happen.

I also get to write a test inside a building that currently more resembles a military emplacement than a test venue. Not at all nervewracking.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111884 on: November 02, 2017, 08:11:19 am »

Feel blue man

My date stood me up for a fax machine

Feel blue man
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7457 7458 [7459] 7460 7461 ... 8157