Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 87703 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I pretty sure the fact that everyone has multiple slots in their role means you can't just be Odd-Night Cop.

My role has just "odd/even night" as a modifier.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

My role only has one modifier.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, you're just wrong. I'm just an Odd Night Cop and I only have 1 ability, which is a cop investigation that only works on odd nights. That's it.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2018, 01:19:44 pm »

First thing's first: Extend

Opps. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

"Time is extended a bit more..."

To Extend the Day: hector13, blueturtle1134, BlackHeartKabal, IcyTea, juicebox, TricMagic

Looking looking.

Somehow discussion just stopped.

Still looking'

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@RGU: I was surprised by the "Dark Cosmos" because it's apparently superfluous to the mafia result. I initially thought it may have significance as yet undiscovered, but I have to admit my own result had more flavor than I was expecting so it's probable our mod is having some fun with this.

@blueturtle: You seem quite sure that the only way Spin can back up his claim is with town-aligned doctor powers XOR by directing the mafiakill. Is there no other scenario where Spin has powers at least close enough to have a chance at simulating doctor? Mafia keeping hands-off wouldn't stop an SK, for instance.

@IcyTea
And what makes you think I'm hiding something?
Mostly gut feeling, nothing truly substantial. You're reading as town, but there's something off, that I can't quite describe, in how you're making your case.
There's a certain degree of reductionism in blueturtle's case(s): either Max is authentic town doctor or he's lying with pants on fire. While I agree that it feels unlikely for a "mafia" result to occur on another type of scum, turtle isn't fully considering how third parties might intersect with the main protagonists' claims and burdens of proof (especially Max's). I'm a bit put off intellectually, although my own gut still thinks it might be a case of town not caring about affiliation distinctions among scum.

@hector
I want people to comment on this, because we’re going to flip one of these two players at day end, so having direct comments that can be looked at by players is nice, . . . .
How about this? I believe RGU is correct that Max Spin is pulling out the emotional stops. But Spin's best line so far may be the point that "I'm willing to die to prove my point" is also an essentially emotional plea that this is important so we'd better listen or else. Strip that off and it is just one person's word against another's.

Is it weird to say that at this point TricMagic's scoffing makes me more sympathetic to RGU? Tric says he doesn't want to talk about it and then goes on to quote his own apparent claim for part-time cop on top of being a miller and having guns for sale. It's an odd brand of Honesty there, Tric.

PPE: and what is that supposed to be about?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Looking looking.

Somehow discussion just stopped.

Still looking'
Real life comes first. This is an important rule for all games and distractions, not just Mafia. A lack of discussion for an hour or two is no cause for alarm.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thing is, darkwarlock was already a doctor and the mafia framer already died. I don't believebhim because it would mean that there are 2 doctors and 2 framers too.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Must be back a bit..

Was looking for when it came out that people had multiple slots.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@RGU: I was surprised by the "Dark Cosmos" because it's apparently superfluous to the mafia result. I initially thought it may have significance as yet undiscovered, but I have to admit my own result had more flavor than I was expecting so it's probable our mod is having some fun with this.

About this, the flavour of my result was something like: The secrets are held in the stars, but I have the ability to uncover those secrets. I won a game of chess against reality and with that learned that Maximum Spin alings with the Dark Cosmos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Must be back a bit..

Was looking for when it came out that people had multiple slots.

The only one who seems to be claiming "multiple slots" here, whatever that means, is you. You've claimed just about every role imaginable at this point.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi!

That's not a bad point though..

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

Thing is, darkwarlock was already a doctor and the mafia framer already died. I don't believebhim because it would mean that there are 2 doctors and 2 framers too.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are probably two of everything. There were 11 players and there aren't all that many vanilla roles.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to go out on a limb and say there are probably two of everything. There were 11 players and there aren't all that many vanilla roles.
No. This is just another improbable situation to try to avoid the lynch. You're scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right, can't find it, so I have to go off what we know.

This may actually be true. Let's Prove It.

Vote: Maximum Spin
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 55