Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II (8/8)  (Read 2257 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2024, 11:57:54 pm »

You get to wait and hope that the other players post an action sooner than 4 days so that the update comes faster.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2024, 07:01:45 pm »

It has been 24 hours now. Has anyone not yet posted? We may still have three days left to get our actions in, but there's a good chance that the game will update sooner if we get them submitted in a timely manner.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2024, 08:37:10 pm »

I've submitted my action.
Player actions only sometimes turn up in the game thread right? Otherwise, there'll need to be a lot of npcs that the news keeps reporting on
she/her

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2024, 08:56:39 pm »

I think some districts don't even have any news coverage at all, though that might have just been from a prior version of the intro posts which must have been edited like a hundred times before the game actually started.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2024, 01:00:11 am »

2094-10-11

SPIDER-MAN FAKES OWN DEATH!!

That wormy webhead fooled us all. We retract our previous statements about judging him too harshly, he's opened our eyes to the truth of his deceitful ways. He fled the morgue leaving property damage in his wake. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bed.

All actions received and locked-in.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 03:05:10 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

“The art of life is to live in the present moment.”
— Emmet Fox

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2024, 02:41:15 am »

AI image tools can be fickel. Instead of running a free character creation service on top of running a game, I am just gunna say your ID portraits are final.

If you want to make something go ahead and I'll swap it out. It must be your own art or AI prompt.
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2024, 04:12:41 am »

I think some districts don't even have any news coverage at all, though that might have just been from a prior version of the intro posts which must have been edited like a hundred times before the game actually started.

As an artist my favorite tool was always the pencil, specifically because it can be erased. There were many test lines before applying pressure for the final outlines.

Word and Gmail both cause problems with documents, fucking with indentation. Obviously testing how things will look on the forum I am using them on will be 1:1.

My archive system is my compromise for published versions, anything else is pencil marks.
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II (8/8 players)
« Reply #67 on: Today at 09:15:51 am »

It really is a shame Str1f3 can't be here. Since his character had the "Prejudiced" vice, it would have been interesting to see him join the Friends of Humanity.

I don't mean to downplay anything he said that got him banned, I knew him in a vacuum that is Forum Games & Roleplaying. He was just the kid that the parents said he can't play outside anymore.

Anyway, updates are going well. A lot smoother than I'd expect for a first turn where you anticipate a lot of kinks needing to be worked out for a new style of game. This feels good, like a play you rehearsed all your lines for or a test you studied for.

I am glad you can all be here to play it :)
Awesome With Autism

— Emmet Fox

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II (8/8)
« Reply #68 on: Today at 04:21:41 pm »

Glad to hear that it looks like you'll be able to manage the 3 updates per week for this.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hero Saga Noir: Death of a Spider II (8/8)
« Reply #69 on: Today at 06:12:53 pm »

How quick is the in-game communication network?
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]