Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2212189 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #9105 on: September 22, 2013, 03:37:08 pm »

Damn, looks like we might finally get that ridiculously bloody end we were looking for. For the record though we should try to make sure it is the spawn that kill us off.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: September 22, 2013, 03:46:01 pm »

The humans will be getting the brunt of the new army's inaugural bloodbath. of course there's also a large number of POWs (spawn and otherwise) that can be used as practice after I finish fast training the new crop of meatshields soldiers.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: September 25, 2013, 03:32:18 am »

7th Hematite, 211

Things have been quiet here since the battle last month. Simon's been pushing ot be allowed the same powers that Splint had on the grounds that he left no heir to replace him. Fischer's been doing her best with Dauros and paintbrush discussing what to do with what's left of the military, and they've asked me to look into setting up basic equipment. Paintbrush's loadouts from his ter4m as Overseer, they're all well and good for elites like him, Dauros, or Skitara but the sheer number of raw recruits we'll need to fill everything out is staggering...

I've put out an order for all the veterans to lighten thier kit loads, partly so there'll be enough chain to go around and so they'll have less armor to lug around. it... it may not be the best but we don't have the  numbers to rely on just our stone wall troops anymore.

All units have been largely disbanded to be reequipped and moved around where replacements are needed. I've also made sure the Civil Defense Corps is stripped down to just the bare minimum to protect their vitals so they can book it if they need to. Just some body armor, helmet, and crossbow for them. The Fortress guard is geared up like the frontline troopers though since I expect them to stand and fight.

All squads have since been named as per the whims of the Sergeants that are currently active. Their new recruits will be listed.

Fischer's First
Colonel: Fischer
-Ironheart
-Nevyn
-Codyorr
-Solpyr

The Bloody Brush
Sergeant: Paintbrushtrukey
-Hans
-Choppa
-Klikit
-Cabo
-Tanzar
-Blackbird
-Lor
-Banai

Bladeguard
Sergeant: Lefton
-Hornbill
-Deeves
-BP
-Alius
-Screaming Idiot
-Soulchopper James
-Ethanland
-Andal
-Zacen

Morningstars
Sergeant: Kreia
-Baffler
-Sus IV
-Dr. Propz
-Bloodeyes
-Hopper
-Verio
-OverlordTNT
-Stoner
-Indi

Ironbreakers
Sergeant: Feb (most expierienced)
-Ranger - Needed to put him somewhere
-Datan
-Crusher - Needed to put him somewhere
-Varn
-Tahujdt II
-Cynm
-Sapper
-Jack Magnus
-Zombi

I'm going to jam the lot of them into the old training room wether Fischer likes it or not just to make sure they can stand up to the next assault. The spawn aren't going to kill that many dwarves again.

11th hematite, 211

Things are still quiet, but now the barracks are filled again with training soldiers, with Ironheart being first one jammed into the training simulator. The idiot forgot his pike though. Oh well, the weight of his armor and his ability to block attacks is improving rapidly and after the first rounds he staggered out screaming something to the effect of wondering if that deranged mess was what  he soldiers dealt with every time they fought the spawn. Dauros smiled and told him yes, or at least I think he smiled... If the humans show they'll be getting the full might of the fortress thrown at them, as will any stupid barkeater, coalskins, and once-dwarves.

Simon's still trying to exert authority on everything; seems the Duke was keeping the little twat's ambitions in check.

15th Hematite, 211

Another fuck-all abomination to Armok showed up and we locked it out. Mr Frog says it can't fly but it's taken to setting things on fire down there. Dauros will be able to handle it but alot fo the troops are still shuffling around equipment. Ironheart's improving rapidly and should be ready to train with the vets after his next session today.

Sorry this update was so underwhelming. A combination of yardwork, a Masterwork fort, and Saints Row 3 have been rather distracting and I wanted to give you guys something since it's been a bit since an IC update >_< Ironheart forgot his pike probably because the one he was assigned is in a bin being carried around but he's just about legendary in fighting and shield use which will be good enough to carry him through a battle with the humans.

In-game days seems to average about 5 per soldier if Ironheart is a good base to go by for the danger room. If I can jame more in there then that time will of course fluctuate.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: September 25, 2013, 02:04:41 pm »

Am I still running about or was I killed? I froget.

And if I was killed, who do I have to choose a new twat from?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: September 25, 2013, 02:30:53 pm »

You were one of the unfortunate ones if memory serves. If you wanna wait for a bit I'm sure a fresh migrant will show up eventually.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: September 25, 2013, 02:35:27 pm »

Allright. Here is hopeing one has no gods or living relatives...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: September 25, 2013, 03:35:16 pm »

Did Ergo get drafted? Did she die? Will I have to make another anagram of one of the Star Trek characters? :(
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:48 pm »

Your dwarf is fine, you just didn't get drafted by sheer blind luck.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: September 25, 2013, 03:57:48 pm »

Is my engraver fine?

Whatever his name is.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: September 25, 2013, 04:22:43 pm »

All of the most recent dorfings are alive and well. I can't promise that will remain the case of course.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs.
« Reply #9115 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:18 pm »

@Talvi:
I've pretty much decided that Dorf!Talvi is now Dorf!Mr Frog's crazy stalker :p As you can no doubt see, the last few seasons have been reasonably uneventful, so I've had to make up character-based drama to keep it interesting.

I'm a bit iffy about Dorf!Mr Frog's blowup on 11 Sandstone; in retrospect, it seems a bit out-of-the-blue :-\
Oh, god... Talvi is crushing on Mr Frog now?? o.O   Ehhh, I suppose it makes sense, in a way... she did think he was awesomeness personified. (also, refer to her as Talvi from now on, if that's all right - maybe change her name, I don't know, to make it easier - she's a girl, it'd be better if her name ended with an "i" - sounds more natural of a female name.) Now I'm going to make a journal entry to that effect...

been reading the battlefailed series for entertainment while waiting for my turn, yup were right on par with awesome succession forts for first few years.
Battlefailed is epicness. Pure epicness. If we could match that or come close, then this thread is a success. Ours isn't quite as doomed-from-the-start, but we're doomed, nevertheless... We can't defeat the spawn, only hold them off. Not even a fully candy-coated spearman would stand a chance against an ambush, I think. Our strength is in numbers and training. And mugs.

I have yet to finish this, but let this be a reminder of the glory of Spearbreakers Saga...MUGS.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: September 25, 2013, 06:58:34 pm »

It sort of grinds to a halt in spots.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: September 26, 2013, 01:33:21 am »

What was my dorm called? I just REALISED I don't know
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: September 26, 2013, 04:04:10 am »

Do we have an artillery battery? Would be cool to introduce some heavy weapons...
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: September 26, 2013, 07:11:21 am »

What was my dorm called? I just REALISED I don't know

No name was specified so i named them Dorsidwarf. And no, we don't have one simply because it seems a bit late and we don't really have anywhere to put them.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 815