Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2212363 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9285 on: October 21, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »

I think there's a DF hack thing that does something to that effect. Masterowkr used it to create a net launcher.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - A Tale Of Depression, Pyromania, and Mugs. (34.11, finished)
« Reply #9286 on: October 21, 2013, 02:55:46 pm »

Really? Well, could we make pulse rifles using that?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: October 21, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »

If they're intended to be more like a buckshot thing then possibly.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: October 21, 2013, 03:01:30 pm »

Well, some of them could.

Or just some crazy form of HMG.  that has no range...
NOT MHG. HMG.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: October 21, 2013, 03:32:37 pm »

Re: the railguns being able to be made at bowyer's shops: perhaps it could be fixed by removing WEAPON:RAILGUN or whatever from the dwarves' entity file and adding a custom reaction to make them. This will mark railguns as foreign (and possibly prevent you from getting them from caravans), but you'll still have access to them and will still be able to make regular crossbows out of bone.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: October 21, 2013, 03:33:49 pm »

Re: the railguns being able to be made at bowyer's shops: perhaps it could be fixed by removing WEAPON:RAILGUN or whatever from the dwarves' entity file and adding a custom reaction to make them. This will mark railguns as foreign (and possibly prevent you from getting them from caravans), but you'll still have access to them and will still be able to make regular crossbows out of bone.

I'm away of that. Currently working on some reactions and some are working while others... nnnnot so much... But that set-up does have the desired effect.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: October 21, 2013, 04:26:17 pm »

Are regular crossbows still effective? Or are they more a backup weapon now?
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:28 pm »

They'd still be the bog standard crossbow that needs a ridiculous amount of bolts to kill something barring a lucky headshot or hit to a major blood vessel.

Cynm

• Bay Watcher
  • For the Swarm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:01 pm »

What do the Seqivet look like? Is there a description already?
"In case of stairs, use fire"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: October 21, 2013, 05:01:28 pm »

There is. They're some kind of wierd tree-dwelling thing. One moment.

A medium sized creature from a distant star. It has a band of compound eyes that wrap around its head. It has four arms, two ending in dexterous hands and two in sharp claws used for gripping tree bark. they also have a long barbed prehensile tail. Not word for word but that's more or less the worded appearance.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: October 21, 2013, 05:35:50 pm »

I'm working on a seqiv sketch right now... on top of all the other stuff I'm doing, which is quite a lot.

@Splint:

I'm just about done making banshees, which can potentially kill units from across the map (and through walls) by screaming, forcing the player to engage them directly or risk losing dwarves for as long as they're sitting outside (for more Fun, ambush parties can scream without blowing their stealth, and there's no announcement when they do this). Want to test them out? I'm really hoping to get them into this; it'll be a nice deterrent against turtling (which people are bound to try when faced with the sheer quantity of ungodly horrors in play here).
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: October 21, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

That's... A very unpleasant thought. Things killing people through walls and such I mean.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: October 21, 2013, 05:44:27 pm »

That's... A very unpleasant thought. Things killing people through walls and such I mean.

Each scream has only a 1% chance of killing its target (because otherwise it'd be a literal bloodbath the second they turn up on the field), and they don't scream very frequently. The real danger comes in when you try to turtle, and then a banshee ambush squad turns up, and then they just sit outside and keep screaming over and over until the fatalities finally start to roll in without warning (not sure how to explain how there's no announcement when they're stealthed -- perhaps they're screaming quietly).

So... wanna test them out? They have the same weapons and general stats as goblins for the time being.

E: Nasty thing is, though, that there will always be a chance of any given squad of banshees insta-killing one of your units the second they arrive on the field. That's okay, right?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:47:25 pm by Mr Frog »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: October 21, 2013, 05:47:26 pm »

I am fearful of them. But may as well put them out for our fool-hardy fellows to try on for size. They certainly fit with the "Inlands = a very very scary place" aspect.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: October 21, 2013, 05:49:44 pm »

I am fearful of them. But may as well put them out for our fool-hardy fellows to try on for size. They certainly fit with the "Inlands = a very very scary place" aspect.

'Kay. Just need to polish them up a bit more, then I'll post them on DFFD/my mod thread. I'll do my part to test them out, too, but I don't have as much spare time as I'd like at the moment (need to memorise 5 pages of dialogue by Sunday for drama class o_o;).

E: Here it is. Haven't tested it very much, so expect weirdness.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 06:21:06 pm by Mr Frog »

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 815